or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 18

post #256 of 9474

after checking about in Frank's ebay page and website, couldn't find a link or anything for custom iems. oh well, email sent!

post #257 of 9474

Got in a set of the Viper cable for my MG6Pro customs. I chose the Viper mainly because of the sonic benefits of the 'best of both worlds' of silver over copper. I opted for the translucent black jacket to prevent any oxidation from showing (which has been a huge irritation to me with any of my other custom cables, I can't stand that greenish-blue appearance), and I think it just looks outstanding. So far it's a bit early to tell how they're settling in sonically, but I would say I do hear some improvement in treble sparkle, and soundstage space, which is mainly what the MG6Pro needs help in. 

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700


Edited by cn11 - 8/6/12 at 11:30am
post #258 of 9474
Quote:
Originally Posted by B[van] View Post

after checking about in Frank's ebay page and website, couldn't find a link or anything for custom iems. oh well, email sent!

Sorry, i have been really busy with orders lately, i will try get them up on my eBay store this week, i am having a new website created so nothing new will be found there. If you don't find what you are looking for, it's best to email me.

 

I have replied to your email.

post #259 of 9474

Hey Frank,

 

Got your mail and PM. Apologies though, I only received your email few hours after I saw your PM. 

On another note, anyone using the cables with an Heir Audio 4.A? What cables are you using and what are the changes to the sound? Thanks!

post #260 of 9474

Wow.  The cable is absolutely stunning.  Pictures coming because words don't do it justice.

post #261 of 9474

Wow.  The cable is absolutely stunning.  Pictures coming because words don't do it justice.

 

 

 

700  700

 

 

 

 

700 700

post #262 of 9474

Nice cables!  I can't wait until I get mine.  

post #263 of 9474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassadian View Post

Wow.  The cable is absolutely stunning.  Pictures coming because words don't do it justice.

 

 

 

700  700

 

 

 

 

700 700

 Is that the silver or SPC?

post #264 of 9474

Could anyone help me? ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJimmy View Post

Does anyone know what the difference in sound is between copper, silver plated and silver wire?

post #265 of 9474

Mine arrived today...

 

700

post #266 of 9474
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJimmy View Post

Could anyone help me? ;)

Silver as a general rule gives you a more accurate sound reproduction, this can tend to sound brighter and thinner especially if you have a budget system. Copper can give a more coloured sound and can give the effect of warmth and more bass. Silver/copper is a bit of both. I've always favoured SPC or silver/copper.

 

All depends on what you think your system would benefit from.

post #267 of 9474
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Silver as a general rule gives you a more accurate sound reproduction, this can tend to sound brighter and thinner especially if you have a budget system. Copper can give a more coloured sound and can give the effect of warmth and more bass. Silver/copper is a bit of both. I've always favoured SPC or silver/copper.

 

All depends on what you think your system would benefit from.

Agreed. I find silver goes better with my amp as its pretty warm sounding.

post #268 of 9474
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsand gears View Post

 Is that the silver or SPC?

 

Neither, although technically you could say it's silver.  It is their Silver Poison cable with up to 1% gold content and the rest is high purity silver.

post #269 of 9474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassadian View Post

 

Neither, although technically you could say it's silver.  It is their Silver Poison cable with up to 1% gold content and the rest is high purity silver.

Yes, 7N Silver which has up to 1% 24k Gold added to it.

post #270 of 9474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassadian View Post

 

Neither, although technically you could say it's silver.  It is their Silver Poison cable with up to 1% gold content and the rest is high purity silver.

Sorry, should have been a little more specific in my question. I have used a fair amount of Franks Silver / Gold alloy cable for DIY.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread