Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 156

post #2326 of 7469

Guys listen up..the is once again a witch hunt against frank... I read that text also and read the reply of frank..guys..come one..this is at the least fishy.. Why would that other cable maker need just one pair of franks connectors..are they not professional enough to manufacter one by themselves or have their own suppliers..as u can read..they never ordered any connector before..so why now? Even stranger to me is how that person in that post about a review knows all the details of frank not selling chis?(that was the name right?) himself his connectors and also ..probably Frank might have declined the payment....,as i already said.. i think frank had good reasons to not send him a review cable, maybe he did not trust him to do honest review...just a thought..i would be cautious also if it was me..but hey..i am called crazy..so i am always a bit paranoia..oops..i mean carefulbiggrin.gif

And why is it always a rookie on headfi coming up with those kind of negative info.. Anyone wondered bout that? Its always a new headf'er coming up with those info's ..and we all know no one likes to read those..well..colored info's..especially on APRECIATION threads.(or any other brand appreciation thread) .didnt we agree that when we DO have any ..lets say...doubts bout franks doing business or products..just start a thread then..like how u hate toxic cables or something..so pls..dont underestimate our intelligence with ur by accident found non-coorperative unprofessional actions by frank..as far i read it..frank was in his right to deny those connectors for that particular situation.. So pls..do urself a favor and delete that post. And guys DO THIS THREAD A FAVOR AND STOP REACTING ON THAT POST..its not helping anyone..

and if the poster of that info is honest and with the right intentions..i ask him politely to edit his post on this thread..and all u friends here on this thread..pls delete the quote to that post..thanks guys..ur the best..we are here for a guy who works unhumanly long days to provide us with the cables we want..so pls..instead of talking..act now..edit ur posts that concerns that info..thanks...

signed: craziest guy in the history of headfivery_evil_smiley.gif


Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/5/13 at 8:07pm
post #2327 of 7469
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Guys listen up..the is once again a witch hunt against frank... I read that text also and read the reply of frank..guys..come one..this is at the least fishy.. Why would that other cable maker need just one pair of franks connectors..are they not professional enough to manufacter one by themselves or have their own suppliers..as u can read..they never ordered any connector before..so why now? Even stranger to me is how that person in that post about a review knows all the details of frank not selling chis?(that was the name right?) himself his connectors and also ..probably Frank might have declined the payment....,as i already said.. i think frank had good reasons to not send him a review cable, maybe he did not trust him to do honest review...just a thought..i would be cautious also if it was me..but hey..i am called crazy..so i am always a bit paranoia..oops..i mean carefulbiggrin.gif

And why is it always a rookie on headfi coming up with those kind of negative info.. Anyone wondered bout that? Its always a new headf'er coming up with those info's ..and we all know no one likes to read those..well..colored info's..especially on APRECIATION threads.(or any other brand appreciation thread) .didnt we agree that when we DO have any ..lets say...doubts bout franks doing business or products..just start a thread then..like how u hate toxic cables or something..so pls..dont underestimate our intelligence with ur by accident found non-coorperative unprofessional actions by frank..as far i read it..frank was in his right to deny those connectors for that particular situation.. So pls..do urself a favor and delete that post. And guys DO THIS THREAD A FAVOR AND STOP REACTING ON THAT POST..its not helping anyone..

and if the poster of that info is honest and with the right intentions..i ask him politely to edit his post on this thread..and all u friends here on this thread..pls delete the quote to that post..thanks guys..ur the best..we are here for a guy who works unhumanly long days to provide us with the cables we want..so pls..instead of talking..act now..edit ur posts that concerns that info..thanks...

signed: craziest guy in the history of headfivery_evil_smiley.gif

Relax:)

 

I believe we are all and I mean all happy with Frank and his service. Based on this hread I bought 2 Silver poison and 1 Viper cable plus a few mini to mini cables. I have not regretted the impulse buy for a second. I do agree that we should not taint this thread but I saw it more as an amusing fact how someone can try to throw mud and be surprised when the mud is returned.

 

So all chill and start drooling over some cables. Just received a balanced Silver poison and they rock. I am very pleased  with the sound signature and the overall build.

post #2328 of 7469
Erm guys im curious whats the best 3.5mm jack now? back Then When I play was oyaide And viablue..annything Better Now?
post #2329 of 7469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmudan View Post

I'm pretty close to ordering a Silver Widow cable...just waiting on some others' feedback as they'll be getting theirs before mine.

 

I was reading about Toxic Cables and came across this, which some my find interesting:

 

http://www.headphiles.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=259361&

 

I've not read the Facebook page....though goes to show you can't please everyone!

i am in the facebook page itself. so i think i can clearly talk about this.

the person asked for a cable review with both cables by himself personally.

 

Frank kindly rejected the request and showed the way to the person who have the cable in Singapore to do a test instead of getting from him.

 

from what i know, no offence but i feel he failed to get a free cable from both companies which resulted in him posting that on headphiles.

 

Frank has talked nicely to him but it backfired and the person said "seems to be a one-horse race". 

 

overall, things discussed about the debate is not true and issues were closed. i have asked the person to delete or edit the thread. thread on the facebook page did not have any personal attack or anything.

 

cheers


Edited by chesterljh - 2/5/13 at 10:33pm
post #2330 of 7469
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterljh View Post

i am in the facebook page itself. so i think i can clearly talk about this.
the person asked for a cable review with both cables by himself personally.

Frank kindly rejected the request and showed the way to the person who have the cable in Singapore to do a test instead of getting from him. in this case, Chris did offer his cables to him.

from what i know, no offence but i feel he failed to get a free cable from both companies which resulted in him posting that on headphiles.

Frank has talked nicely to him but it backfired and the person said "seems to be a one-horse race". 

overall, things discussed about the debate is not true and issues were closed. i have asked the person to delete or edit the thread. thread on the facebook page did not have any personal attack or anything.

cheers


All I will say is that I suspect whoever posted has some ulterior motive, against frank. Whoever it was, he is upset that he did not get free cables from frank and hence is making a personal attack against frank.


My stance is that each cable manufacturer has their own strengths and weaknesses, let us not argue anymore and agree to disagree. Arguing is just a waste of time.
Edited by Cryok95 - 2/5/13 at 10:41pm
post #2331 of 7469

Hi All

 

Disclaimer:

I am not a technical writer and nor do I ambition to be one. This write up is more about what I hear and the Silver Poison (SP) has to offer.

 

 

Why Toxic cables:

 

Before I start talking about the SP I wanted to specify how I ended up choosing the Brand - Toxic cable.

 

Since I can only spend my money ones I always go for companies with a good reputation and a good customer service. This became more important when I embarked on a personal project, called the Kermit and Robin project. Long story short the project was to remember my lost daughter.

 

After extensive research Three companies popped up Heir Audio for CEIM’s and Toxic cables for cables. All these companies have a few things in common – Build quality & Great customer service.

 

SP - Build:

 

I choose the SP cable to run my Heir 3.ai’s  since I wanted something robust yet with a good look.

 

Currently I run my balanced SP’s between my RH1 and RSA Protector and Heir 3.ai’s. I have to admit that I was blown away with the feel of these cables. They have perfect flex and perfect weight to it, I could not be happier with these cables. The form factor plays a great part to the enjoyment of these cables. The craftsmanship is beyond my expectations. (and expectations were high for this project)

 

SP – Sound:

 

The build is great how about the sound – One word struck me and that was clarity and pace.  Not sure what I can add other than that I re- listened to all my favourite tracks and that I loved each and every one of them. Hmmm that is not completely true. There where two albums that I saw in a different light. Not better or worse but just different.

 

Album one -- R.L Burnside sounded like he, the artist, looks. Let me explain. I never before could hear the sorrow in his voice. In the past I liked his music but now I also appreciate the message that Burnside tries to convey.  For those who do not know R.L Burnside, He is a blues singer who sings about all the hardship and pain he has had in his live. This is the first time I could smell the liquor and feel the hardship that took a tool on his vocal cords.

 

Album Two -- Jah Shaka - Dub Salute - It opened up the whole album to reviel arreas that I never knew about. Since I am so familur with the album the current sound is slightly strange:) not good nor bad just different.

 

2 cents:

 

Yes, I am happy that Frank emptied my wallet and provided me with a great full bodied set up. As they say a system is only as good as its weakest link. With the SP cables I have ensured that my current set up has the strongest links possible.

Ta

post #2332 of 7469
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobzpro View Post

Erm guys im curious whats the best 3.5mm jack now? back Then When I play was oyaide And viablue..annything Better Now?

I had a valab 3.5mm carbon plug with rhodium plated insides..but i think if u stick with the wellknown brands u wont burn urself..

but u can also check:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/410135/ultimate-diy-the-3-5mm-1-8-mini-jack-plug-collection-thread

post #2333 of 7469
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidion27 View Post

Hi All

 

Disclaimer:

I am not a technical writer and nor do I ambition to be one. This write up is more about what I hear and the Silver Poison (SP) has to offer.

 

 

Why Toxic cables:

 

Before I start talking about the SP I wanted to specify how I ended up choosing the Brand - Toxic cable.

 

Since I can only spend my money ones I always go for companies with a good reputation and a good customer service. This became more important when I embarked on a personal project, called the Kermit and Robin project. Long story short the project was to remember my lost daughter.

 

After extensive research Three companies popped up Heir Audio for CEIM’s and Toxic cables for cables. All these companies have a few things in common – Build quality & Great customer service.

 

SP - Build:

 

I choose the SP cable to run my Heir 3.ai’s  since I wanted something robust yet with a good look.

 

Currently I run my balanced SP’s between my RH1 and RSA Protector and Heir 3.ai’s. I have to admit that I was blown away with the feel of these cables. They have perfect flex and perfect weight to it, I could not be happier with these cables. The form factor plays a great part to the enjoyment of these cables. The craftsmanship is beyond my expectations. (and expectations were high for this project)

 

SP – Sound:

 

The build is great how about the sound – One word struck me and that was clarity and pace.  Not sure what I can add other than that I re- listened to all my favourite tracks and that I loved each and every one of them. Hmmm that is not completely true. There where two albums that I saw in a different light. Not better or worse but just different.

 

Album one -- R.L Burnside sounded like he, the artist, looks. Let me explain. I never before could hear the sorrow in his voice. In the past I liked his music but now I also appreciate the message that Burnside tries to convey.  For those who do not know R.L Burnside, He is a blues singer who sings about all the hardship and pain he has had in his live. This is the first time I could smell the liquor and feel the hardship that took a tool on his vocal cords.

 

Album Two -- Jah Shaka - Dub Salute - It opened up the whole album to reviel arreas that I never knew about. Since I am so familur with the album the current sound is slightly strange:) not good nor bad just different.

 

2 cents:

 

Yes, I am happy that Frank emptied my wallet and provided me with a great full bodied set up. As they say a system is only as good as its weakest link. With the SP cables I have ensured that my current set up has the strongest links possible.

Ta

Nice review Gidion! Thanks for sharing. Time to enjoy many years of great sound

 

beerchug.gif

post #2334 of 7469
It's a free world and we all have opinions. Some will be displeased but however what is clear about Toxic is that the vast majority are very happy. There is no harm in reading negative press - I'm sure most of us are all grown up enough to make our own judgement on matters.

I thought the complaint against Frank was amusing as well which is why I brought it here. Should there be any negative press I don't think we need to hide it just because it's an appreciation thread! I mean look at the guy who had his cables made wrong (YouTube video), Frank made a big effort to make sure he was happy in the end..
post #2335 of 7469
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidion27 View Post

Hi All

 

Disclaimer:

I am not a technical writer and nor do I ambition to be one. This write up is more about what I hear and the Silver Poison (SP) has to offer.

 

 

Why Toxic cables:

 

Before I start talking about the SP I wanted to specify how I ended up choosing the Brand - Toxic cable.

 

Since I can only spend my money ones I always go for companies with a good reputation and a good customer service. This became more important when I embarked on a personal project, called the Kermit and Robin project. Long story short the project was to remember my lost daughter.

 

After extensive research Three companies popped up Heir Audio for CEIM’s and Toxic cables for cables. All these companies have a few things in common – Build quality & Great customer service.

 

SP - Build:

 

I choose the SP cable to run my Heir 3.ai’s  since I wanted something robust yet with a good look.

 

Currently I run my balanced SP’s between my RH1 and RSA Protector and Heir 3.ai’s. I have to admit that I was blown away with the feel of these cables. They have perfect flex and perfect weight to it, I could not be happier with these cables. The form factor plays a great part to the enjoyment of these cables. The craftsmanship is beyond my expectations. (and expectations were high for this project)

 

SP – Sound:

 

The build is great how about the sound – One word struck me and that was clarity and pace.  Not sure what I can add other than that I re- listened to all my favourite tracks and that I loved each and every one of them. Hmmm that is not completely true. There where two albums that I saw in a different light. Not better or worse but just different.

 

Album one -- R.L Burnside sounded like he, the artist, looks. Let me explain. I never before could hear the sorrow in his voice. In the past I liked his music but now I also appreciate the message that Burnside tries to convey.  For those who do not know R.L Burnside, He is a blues singer who sings about all the hardship and pain he has had in his live. This is the first time I could smell the liquor and feel the hardship that took a tool on his vocal cords.

 

Album Two -- Jah Shaka - Dub Salute - It opened up the whole album to reviel arreas that I never knew about. Since I am so familur with the album the current sound is slightly strange:) not good nor bad just different.

 

2 cents:

 

Yes, I am happy that Frank emptied my wallet and provided me with a great full bodied set up. As they say a system is only as good as its weakest link. With the SP cables I have ensured that my current set up has the strongest links possible.

Ta

Thanks for sharing and taking the time to write, i am glad you are happy with the cable. biggrin.gif

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #2336 of 7469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmudan View Post

It's a free world and we all have opinions. Some will be displeased but however what is clear about Toxic is that the vast majority are very happy. There is no harm in reading negative press - I'm sure most of us are all grown up enough to make our own judgement on matters.

I thought the complaint against Frank was amusing as well which is why I brought it here. Should there be any negative press I don't think we need to hide it just because it's an appreciation thread! I mean look at the guy who had his cables made wrong (YouTube video), Frank made a big effort to make sure he was happy in the end..

Absolutely, negative press is sometimes a good thing. It's shows the manufacturer what they might be failing at, so they can try and do it better. Customers can also see what you will do, to fix it.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 2/6/13 at 3:22pm

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #2337 of 7469
I think the biggest fear of a 'no-name' brand is build quality plus reliability i.e. Broken parts plus corrosion in connections. With a big name you expect them to know what they're doing in terms of component & performance longevity.... With a new name you just depend on the warranty providing they don't go out of business!
post #2338 of 7469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmudan View Post

I think the biggest fear of a 'no-name' brand is build quality plus reliability i.e. Broken parts plus corrosion in connections. With a big name you expect them to know what they're doing in terms of component & performance longevity.... With a new name you just depend on the warranty providing they don't go out of business!

I am not sure of your meaning here. Toxic Cables is not a no name brand, neither is it a new one and we have never had any issues with broken parts or corrosion. In the 15 months i have been in business, i have only had to carry out repairs/remake on 2 cables which were my fault. For hand made products, that is quite good.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #2339 of 7469
Double.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #2340 of 7469
Actually I did think after I typed 'no-name'... Yes Toxic are growing to become respected. I meant that you're obviously not as well established as mass produced cables e.g. Cardas
It's nice to hear of your good reliability record. I'm waiting for some more Silver Widow reports then will quite likely place my order.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread