or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 142

post #2116 of 9352

Well its no wonder Frank, Your cables are of the highest caliber biggrin.gif

 

While Im in this thread gracing you all with my presence lol...

Frank, My Toxic friend, What's the score on Tonearm recables???

Namely the Rega RB300???

 

Wont be yet, Im just getting some ideas mate lol beyersmile.png

post #2117 of 9352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

Well its no wonder Frank, Your cables are of the highest caliber biggrin.gif

 

While Im in this thread gracing you all with my presence lol...

Frank, My Toxic friend, What's the score on Tonearm recables???

Namely the Rega RB300???

 

Wont be yet, Im just getting some ideas mate lol beyersmile.png

I do sell Tonearm cables on my eBay store currently, i also have a few new releases lined up. I can also recable them, and done a few to date. 

post #2118 of 9352

This is good to know for future preference. Thanks Frank :)

post #2119 of 9352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

I have never tried the RC-4 with the HE-500 so i honestly could not tell you, i felt the Black Widow paired very well with them, so does the SP and SW. There is only so much improvement a cable can make, even though it pains me to say it, as i would love to take more money off you, you might want to consider looking in to other headphones. LCD-3 maybe, then you can buy a cable for those from me. biggrin.gif


Always happy to take more money, so don't take too long smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks for ur honest reply...yeah i probably will end up with a he6 , lcd3 or even a stax sr007.. biggrin.gif
post #2120 of 9352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

I have never tried the RC-4 with the HE-500 so i honestly could not tell you, i felt the Black Widow paired very well with them, so does the SP and SW. There is only so much improvement a cable can make, even though it pains me to say it, as i would love to take more money off you, you might want to consider looking in to other headphones. LCD-3 maybe, then you can buy a cable for those from me. biggrin.gif

 

Always happy to take more money, so don't take too long :)

Thanks for your honesty. Yes, cables do make an improvement, but there's a limit.
 

post #2121 of 9352
Quote:
Originally Posted by AManAnd88Keys View Post

Thanks for your honesty. Yes, cables do make an improvement, but there's a limit.
 

it is always a sum of the parts. So if your Source is not very good or your headphones are below par you will not gain much by adding new cables. or at least the impact will be less.

post #2122 of 9352
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidion27 View Post

it is always a sum of the parts. So if your Source is not very good or your headphones are below par you will not gain much by adding new cables. or at least the impact will be less.

That's what I mean. Even if you have a world class system you will reach a point where no cable can make an improvement - because of technical limits, and limits of your aural perception.

post #2123 of 9352
Quote:
Originally Posted by AManAnd88Keys View Post

That's what I mean. Even if you have a world class system you will reach a point where no cable can make an improvement - because of technical limits, and limits of your aural perception.
I agree...yes..probably..but i have a feeling my heavenly sounding black widows 22 awg is still not the best my rig needs... Damn..if i only had the budget to buy the 8 wire black widows 22awg and the rc4 copper venom tongue.gif
post #2124 of 9352
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


I agree...yes..probably..but i have a feeling my heavenly sounding black widows 22 awg is still not the best my rig needs... Damn..if i only had the budget to buy the 8 wire black widows 22awg and the rc4 copper venom tongue.gif

It is always a balancing act. In addition the sound signature changes with different componants.Even if you have a hi end Source, hi end amp and hi end  headphones it does not mean that they will sound good together.

 

I suppose that is why we like this hobby so much since we can and will always tweak our systems. For me personally I am after a good sound signature while maintaining a compact and durable rig.

post #2125 of 9352

I have a 6ft 24AWG Scorpion IEM cable, can be cut down to a shorter length, if anyone wants it for 60% off, give me a shout.

 

Gone.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 1/16/13 at 3:28pm
post #2126 of 9352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

I have a 6ft 24AWG Scorpion IEM cable, can be cut down to a shorter length, if anyone wants it for 60% off, give me a shout.

count me in:)

post #2127 of 9352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

I have a 6ft 24AWG Scorpion IEM cable, can be cut down to a shorter length, if anyone wants it for 60% off, give me a shout.

Gone.

Now how did I miss such a deal! biggrin.gif
post #2128 of 9352
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidion27 View Post

count me in:)

Replied to your PM. biggrin.gif

post #2129 of 9352

Thanks Frank. I am really thrilled and it is a joy to work with you. Cheers

G

post #2130 of 9352

ouch!!! i missed a deal and i got a invoice frown.gif

 

just joking...frank! i pmed you but i havent got your reply! =(

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread