or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 125

post #1861 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

Guys, (& Frank for sure ) little help here please.What cable do you think I should get for my HE-500? 
Black widows 22 AWG
post #1862 of 9343

I'll speak for Frank and say, Whatever is the most expensive.....and you need at least 2 of them...very_evil_smiley.gif

post #1863 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I'll speak for Frank and say, Whatever is the most expensive.....and you need at least 2 of them...very_evil_smiley.gif

Relay, which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Black widows 22 AWG

Thank you..

post #1864 of 9343

After some surgery on the HD650 connector, i can confirm that it now fits perfectly and HD-25 cables will all not ship with these modified connectors, unless otherwise requested.

 

Once plugged in, you will not be able to see the part that has been cut off.

 

 

700

 

Black Widow performs very well with the HE-500, so does the Silver Widow and SP. I would not recommend the Silver plated Copper "Viper" for these headphones, although it's good with HE-300, 400 and 6. That's not to say someone else won't like it.

 

You could always buy all 3. biggrin.gif


Edited by Toxic Cables - 1/4/13 at 3:00pm
post #1865 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

Guys, (& Frank for sure ) little help here please.What cable do you think I should get for my HE-500? 


What style of music do you listen to? Shoud the sound signature stay the same or would you like to tweak it a bit? There are plenty of options, but you need to give us a bit more information wink.gif

But I'm sure Frank would agree that you should absolutely buy a 20 ft Crystal Cable Piccolino and a Silver Widow toilet chain. biggrin.gif 8 conductors, of course.

post #1866 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by AManAnd88Keys View Post


What style of music do you listen to? Shoud the sound signature stay the same or would you like to tweak it a bit? There are plenty of options, but you need to give us a bit more information wink.gif

But I'm sure Frank would agree that you should absolutely buy a 20 ft Crystal Cable Piccolino and a Silver Widow toilet chain. biggrin.gif 8 conductors, of course.

8 ain't good enought for a toilet chain, you need at least 16, make it strong enough to flush the loo from the next room.

post #1867 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

After some surgery on the HD650 connector, i can confirm that it now fits perfectly and HD-25 cables will all not ship with these modified connectors, unless otherwise requested.

 

Once plugged in, you will not be able to see the part that has been cut off.

 

 

700

 

Black Widow performs very well with the HE-500, so does the Silver Widow and SP. I would not recommend the Silver plated Copper "Viper" for these headphones, although it's good with HE-300, 400 and 6. That's not to say someone else won't like it.

 

You could always buy all 3. biggrin.gif

 

I could do that on my SP's for my HD25's but the Furutech plug weighs more than the HD25's do...very_evil_smiley.gif

post #1868 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by AManAnd88Keys View Post


What style of music do you listen to? Shoud the sound signature stay the same or would you like to tweak it a bit? There are plenty of options, but you need to give us a bit more information wink.gif

But I'm sure Frank would agree that you should absolutely buy a 20 ft Crystal Cable Piccolino and a Silver Widow toilet chain. biggrin.gif 8 conductors, of course.

I prefer clarity to warmth, not too neutral/dull or digital.

I mostly listen to everything ...L3000.gif.

post #1869 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

After some surgery on the HD650 connector, i can confirm that it now fits perfectly and HD-25 cables will all not ship with these modified connectors, unless otherwise requested.

 

Once plugged in, you will not be able to see the part that has been cut off.

 

 

700

 

 

Meaning to say all will ship with the ones that fits the hd6xx series unless specially requested to swap to the hd25 one? Makes sense I guess if the HD6xx series can stay on properly  on the 25/amperiors without much compromise

 

By the way, Frank which cable would you recommend for the Amperior?


Edited by B[van] - 1/4/13 at 7:49pm
post #1870 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by B[van] View Post

 

Meaning to say all will ship with the ones that fits the hd6xx series unless specially requested to swap to the hd25 one? Makes sense I guess if the HD6xx series can stay on properly  on the 25/amperiors without much compromise

 

By the way, Frank which cable would you recommend for the Amperior?

Sorry, meant i would ship all the cables with the modified connectors, unless someone asks for the HD6XX connectors.

 

Not had a chance to make any cables for them, or listen to them yet, will try and put something together early next week.

post #1871 of 9343

Ok great. Thanks Frank! By the way have you reversed them and tried the modified ones on the hd600/650 yet? Would they sit as snugly?

post #1872 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by B[van] View Post

Ok great. Thanks Frank! By the way have you reversed them and tried the modified ones on the hd600/650 yet? Would they sit as snugly?

 

On the previous picture, the connector on the right, i had shortened it too much, as you can see by the middle one, you only need to shorten it a little and it fit's exactly like the stock cable. 

Leaving the the notches on the side of the connectors, makes sure they still fit the HD6XX perfectly.

 

 

700


Edited by Toxic Cables - 1/4/13 at 9:31pm
post #1873 of 9343

Hi, I am still deciding which cable to order I have been thinking on

 

Viper

Piccolino

Silver Poison

 

I was wondering if you have heard these cables, which would be the sound difference between them?

 

I have a fairly good neutral IEM with very good bass but I would like to get a bigger soundstage, clearer sound and improved bass, which would be your suggestion?

post #1874 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by engelhaft View Post

Hi, I am still deciding which cable to order I have been thinking on

 

Viper

Piccolino

Silver Poison

 

I was wondering if you have heard these cables, which would be the sound difference between them?

 

I have a fairly good neutral IEM with very good bass but I would like to get a bigger soundstage, clearer sound and improved bass, which would be your suggestion?

Silver Widow, although it is quite thick. Staal has tried most of the cables and will be receiving his Widow soon, so he would be the best person to ask.  I could tell you anything, just to get your money from you. biggrin.gif

post #1875 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

I prefer clarity to warmth, not too neutral/dull or digital.
I mostly listen to everything ...L3000.gif .
The black widow will always be a bit more warm and natural as its a full copper cable..the other two will sound more brighter and less full but with more detail and treble as they are silver cables no matter if there is gold in it or not..its up to u what u prefer..myself i got 2 dark widows 22awg for my rig and my he500 and i hope to get them today or monday. But i see most of people are starting to jump on the silver cable wagon everywhere..maybe i have to try the silver widow also soon to compare to the dark widows.. redface.gif

And frank..how about ur new 18 awg cables? Which phones u advice to go with them? As everyone is all quiet about them. biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread