Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 121

post #1801 of 6893

So HiFiMan aficionado's Is the extra money worth it for the 6? What about the HE-400 vs the 500? Which is the best bang for the buck?

post #1802 of 6893
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

So HiFiMan aficionado's Is the extra money worth it for the 6? What about the HE-400 vs the 500? Which is the best bang for the buck?

I like the HE-500 more, however it's not too good of a value when you can grab a HE-400 for $350-400.

But comparing the HE-500 to the HE-6, it's great value.

post #1803 of 6893
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

So HiFiMan aficionado's Is the extra money worth it for the 6? What about the HE-400 vs the 500? Which is the best bang for the buck?
if u wanna invest into a very powerfull amp also then the he6 is worth every penny. Buts its very expensive!
If u want a in ur face soundsignature with a bit agressive treble and basss then the he400 is ur best bang for ur buck..its also easy to drive!
If ur like me and dont like agressive phones and want more balanced phones..then without doubt the he500 or the even more neutral sounding he5le is ur best bang for ur buck..but also for these 2 u need a quality amp to make them sound on their best.
post #1804 of 6893
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssarrow View Post

I have both and a HE-400.

 

Still waiting for my cables to have 100 Hour+ Burn in before i make any sudden judgement.

I doubt it, no Black Widows have shipped yet and only one Silver Widow has yet shipped, and that has already been reviewed.

 

It would also be better that reviews and comparisons of my cables are kept to those i actually made myself and not DIY cables, unless it is stated that the cable is a DIY effort.

 

I also do not, and will not be offering the Silver Widow wire to be purchased for DIY.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 1/1/13 at 3:38pm

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #1805 of 6893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

I doubt it, no Black Widows have shipped yet and only one Silver Widow has yet shipped and that has already been reviewed.

 

It would also be better that reviews and comparisons of my cables are kept to those i actually made myself and not DIY cables, unless it is stated that the cable is a DIY effort.


Whoops, sorry! i didn't read his previous, thought he just plainly meant a toxic cable.


Edited by cssarrow - 1/1/13 at 3:32pm
post #1806 of 6893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

I doubt it, no Black Widows have shipped yet and only one Silver Widow has yet shipped and that has already been reviewed.

It would also be better that reviews and comparisons of my cables are kept to those i actually made myself and not DIY cables, unless it is stated that the cable is a DIY effort.
Thats what i meant with manufactured by frank biggrin.gif well as soon i have my original BW i will put my impressions here online..but asi said..i owe a he500..so for a different phone the outcome will maybe be different..but at least u have an indication then. wink.gif
post #1807 of 6893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

I doubt it, no Black Widows have shipped yet and only one Silver Widow has yet shipped, and that has already been reviewed.

 

 

Wow...Only one shipped...I wonder how it is? Oh!  I think I know....biggrin.gif

 

 

1000

post #1808 of 6893
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

 

Wow...Only one shipped...I wonder how it is? Oh!  I think I know....biggrin.gif

 

 

1000

biggrin.gif Remind me to send you a new plated splitter next week, i have already received the large one, the rest should be delivered next Monday, according to FedEx. Should be easy for you to replace yourself.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #1809 of 6893

I kind of like the brushed finish better, but it makes no difference since they both look stunning. biggrin.gif

Frank, did you receive my hard earned money? I just thought to ask since I haven't received an ok email yet.


Edited by LPP6 - 1/1/13 at 8:48pm
post #1810 of 6893
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPP6 View Post

I kind of like the brushed finish better, but it makes no difference since they both look stunning. biggrin.gif

Frank, did you receive my hard earned money? I just thought to ask since I haven't received an ok email yet.

Not had a chance to get to emails today, i can indeed see a couple of payments from you, will reply to all the emails in a moment, sorry for not doing so earlier.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #1811 of 6893

Thanks, just asked since you had been online here.
 

post #1812 of 6893
Frank must be rolling in dough now. Ka-ching!
post #1813 of 6893
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknightDK View Post

Frank must be rolling in dough now. Ka-ching!

Going to make my own Pizza base with it tonight. biggrin.gif

 

Did receive your payment for the second cables also, thank you.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #1814 of 6893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

Going to make my own Pizza base with it tonight. biggrin.gif

Yummy! Save me a piece! biggrin.gif
post #1815 of 6893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

Going to make my own Pizza base with it tonight. biggrin.gif

 

Did receive your payment for the second cables also, thank you.

 

Good to know, thanks Frank!

 

Looking forward to those cables! wink.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread