Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) - Page 7

post #91 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendou View Post

is there a price increase for audio technica this last few weeks? it seems there is some price increase in japan.


I checked the 700X and 900X models and it seems the price has gone up about 2000 yen.

post #92 of 451

I get the same ideas. seems like a900x, ad900 al increase in price. thought about buying them but at this price point maybe not. i wonder what cause their sudden price increase.

post #93 of 451

Where do you guys look for them? Audiocubes?

post #94 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Where do you guys look for them? Audiocubes?


I just bike to the store smily_headphones1.gif If you live overseas, however, you may have more like from sites like Audiocube.

post #95 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade48 View Post


I just bike to the store smily_headphones1.gif If you live overseas, however, you may have more like from sites like Audiocube.

That's called cheating. atsmile.gif So what's the price are now? 

post #96 of 451

You can probably buy them from eBay cheaper!!! I think I bought them for like $260 (including shipping) a couple of months ago! (I sold them for like $200 flat to someone from here...)

post #97 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

You can probably buy them from eBay cheaper!!! I think I bought them for like $260 (including shipping) a couple of months ago! (I sold them for like $200 flat to someone from here...)

Oh definitely can see that. Well I'll just have to be more hardworking looking for deals.

post #98 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

That's called cheating. atsmile.gif So what's the price are now? 

 

Brand new, the 900X are 17,108 JPY and the 700X are 13,124 JPY (227 USD and 168 USD, respectively). They used to be about 2000 JPY (26 USD) cheaper, before the price increase.

post #99 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

My A900X keep sliding down to the top of my ears too. $240 for headphones that can't stay in place.

So I'm thinking of sending them back. which is sad because they had the prefect sound for a closed headphone (for me).

You can use a rubber band between the wings, you need to find a rubber band with the correct length.


 For me the wings (of the A900) kept digging into the top of my head.  For me it was very irritating.  This is from a guy who finds Grados to be reasonably comfortable.  Go figure....

post #100 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

My A900X keep sliding down to the top of my ears too. $240 for headphones that can't stay in place.

So I'm thinking of sending them back. which is sad because they had the prefect sound for a closed headphone (for me).

You can use a rubber band between the wings, you need to find a rubber band with the correct length.

Thanks PurpleAngel! Love the SQ and soundstage, agree with you, $240 seems to much for headphones that keep falling down, will try the rubber band idea.  Thanks! 

post #101 of 451

Ordered a pair of ATH-A900X from e-bay for €205,- (Japanese export). They still have to arrive though but I heard them on the Munich high-end 2012 and was instantly sold on the Audio Technica house sound. Listened to the ATH-AD1000, ATHA900X and ATH-W3000ANV amped and unamped (plugged straight into an iPhone).

The ATH-AD1000 open backs were the first phones I listened to. They sounded great with rock/metal but were just a bit short on bass. Then I listened to the ATH-A900X's. They had a lot more meat in the sound. Also sounded great with rock/metal and just decent with electro, house and classic. They were were not as "fast" as the ATH-AD1000's but they did sound better though. Then I asked for their top model which was the ATH-W3000ANV. Wow. That sounded like Audio Heaven. As described in other posts they sounded a kind of romantic, full bodied but still with great clarity. For my musical taste (and my ears) they sounded the best of all the phones at the entire show but considering the huge price gap between ATH-A900X and ATH-W3000ANV the ATH-A900X's are much better value for the money. Law of diminishing return, I think. If I would have this kind of money in my backpocket tough..

Anyway, looking forward to receiving the ATH-A900X. Waiting for their arrival I am looking for a DAC and AMP. Was thinking of a Audio GD 3.2 DAC and a Little Dot 1+. The Audio GD seems to be a good DAC for a low price and the Little Dot is designed especially for low impedance phones, should do the job I guess.


Edited by Kurios - 6/18/12 at 2:09pm
post #102 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurios View Post

Ordered a pair of ATH-A900X from e-bay for €205,- (Japanese export). They still have to arrive though but I heard them on the Munich high-end 2012 and was instantly sold on the Audio Technica house sound. Listened to the ATH-AD1000, ATHA900X and ATHW3000ANV amped and unamped (plugged straight into an iPhone).

The ATH-AD1000 open backs were the first phones I listened to. They sounded great with rock/metal but were just a bit short on bass. Then I listened to the ATH-A900X's. They had a lot more meat in the sound. Also sounded great with rock/metal and just decent with electro, house and classic. They were were not as "fast" as the ATH-AD1000's but they did sound better though. Then I asked for their top model which was the ATH-W3000ANV. Wow. That sounded like Audio Heaven. As described in other posts they sounded a kind of romantic, full bodied but still with great clarity. For my musical taste (and my ears) they sounded the best of all the phones at the entire show but considering the huge price gap between ATHA900X and ATH-W3000ANV the ATHA900X's are much better value for the money. Law of diminishing return, I think. If I would have this kind of money in my backpocket tough..

Anyway, looking forward to receiving the ATH-A900X. Waiting for their arrival I am looking for a DAC and AMP. Was thinking of a Audio GD 3.2 DAC and a Little Dot 1+. The Audio GD seems to be a good DAC for a low price and the Little Dot is designed especially for low impedance phones, should be good enough I guess.

So, I'm assuming you mean the Little Dot 1+ Hybrid?

 

What's the total price (with shipping for the Audio GD 3.2 DAC?

post #103 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

So, I'm assuming you mean the Little Dot 1+ Hybrid?

 

What's the total price (with shipping for the Audio GD 3.2 DAC?


Yes, I mean the Little Dot 1+ Hybrid. Audio GD 3.2 DAC included shipping is approximately USD 400,- worldwide.


Edited by Kurios - 6/17/12 at 7:29am
post #104 of 451
Thread Starter 

Reporting back with how I feel on the A900X's.

 

I am obsessed with them when listening to Progressive House music.  I didn't have a chance to listen to them for over a week, so it felt like a ''first impressions'' again when I put them on today.  They are just SO good.

 

I didn't need to adjust the wings in any way, but as stated before I have a relatively large head.  I wonder if that's why it doesn't slide for me?

post #105 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post

Reporting back with how I feel on the A900X's.

 

I am obsessed with them when listening to Progressive House music.  I didn't have a chance to listen to them for over a week, so it felt like a ''first impressions'' again when I put them on today.  They are just SO good.

 

I didn't need to adjust the wings in any way, but as stated before I have a relatively large head.  I wonder if that's why it doesn't slide for me?

Guess your lucky.

I've been try to find way to fold the wings down when not in use, seems to help.

my 30 day return window expired two days ago. looks like I'm keep them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review)