- 165 Posts. Joined 11/2013
- Location: Sri Lanka
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 5/29/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-W1000Xtagged by System, 5/29/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I really need some expertise Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will a DIY amp work for these headphones? Last post on 8/8/11 at 2:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) - Page 24post #346 of 50011/26/13 at 6:38pmThanks guys!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 50011/26/13 at 10:00pmQuote:
Hmm, plenty of desktop options if you look in the right places. Not allowed to discuss certain sites on Head-Fi for.. Certain reasons :X
Anyhow, I got the Aune T1 for $130. Sounds better than what you've listed for sure. Just make sure to save $10-$20 for a different tube. The stock tube has an unpleasant midrange.post #348 of 50011/27/13 at 7:26pmpost #349 of 50011/27/13 at 9:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by MshenayAudio Technica Ath a900xSoundstage 4/5 -good width, good instrumental separationBass 4/5 -a little loose but very warm, nice punchHighs 5/5- nice and airyMids 3.5/5- nice attack and tone, slightly recessed though"Timbre realism" 3/5- nice attack and tone on the mids and highs"Timbre fun factor" 5/5- very fun and enjoyable timbre, bass is a little fakeComfort 3.5/5- clamp is a little tight, ear pads are nice though.Ease-of-use 4/5 Some may have issues with fit, but most should have no problems at all!Sound Magic HP 100Soundstage 4.5/5- very nice and wide, slightly shallowBass 4/5- very deep and tight, mid bass a touch recessedHigh 5/5- fantastic, nice sparkle and great airMids 4.25/5 very real mids, delicate weight and body. Wonderfully smooth tone"Timbre realism" 4/5- a little overly lean in the bass, yet retains some nice meaty mids, deep sub an airy highs"Timbre fun factor" 3/5- a little to lean to be "fun" yet, not boringComfort 5/5 -super comfy, ePads are pleather but do not create a lot of sweatEase-of-use 5/5- so easy a cave man could wear em lol
Basically, the A900x is more fun sounding but less accurate and refined than the HP100. The A900x should be easier to drive, but less portable overall.
Edited by Sekka - 11/27/13 at 9:06pmpost #350 of 50011/28/13 at 5:40pmpost #351 of 50011/28/13 at 7:49pmpost #352 of 50011/29/13 at 2:31am
+sound signature quite nice on 2 (not to much bass)
+very good comfort
-nearly no instrument separation noticeable (lack of details)
- pass position 3 and 4 unsuable (muddy)
+ sound stage better, comparable DT770
+ instrument seperation nice and noticeable
soundsignature with raised bass (no imopact on midds),
- comfort for very big heads very good, smaller heads might have issue
- cable not replaceable but higher quality
In terms of sound the A900X is a different leaguge. COP is noth worth the money in my opinionpost #353 of 50011/29/13 at 2:37ampost #354 of 50012/11/13 at 11:46ampost #355 of 50012/11/13 at 6:15pm
I'm a bit upset with Audio Technica right now. I sent in my pair to get repaired and was told nothing was wrong with them although it's obvious that the sound is very uneven and the drivers raddle. They decided to replace the right driver but not the left, and now after paying $15 for shipping I'm still stuck with a crappy pair of headphones.post #356 of 50012/12/13 at 8:12pmpost #357 of 50012/12/13 at 8:20pmQuote:
I bought the headphones used, and yes the sound was off and had raddling with bass. Now the right side is fixed but the left still raddlespost #358 of 50012/13/13 at 6:29ampost #359 of 50012/13/13 at 6:46ampost #360 of 50012/13/13 at 2:50pm
If they tested both drivers and did not find any issues, maybe the connection is improper. Did you try getting back with Audio Technica? Never had an issue with their products before, but I hope for your sake their RMA process is better than ASUS.
They should really just give you a new pair, seriously..
- Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 36 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › [TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available... 5 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 10 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2