- 108 Posts. Joined 11/2013
- Location: Sri Lanka
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productATH-W1000Xtagged by System, 5/29/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 5/29/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I really need some expertise Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will a DIY amp work for these headphones? Last post on 8/8/11 at 2:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) - Page 24post #346 of 45511/26/13 at 6:38pmThanks guys!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 45511/26/13 at 10:00pmQuote:
Hmm, plenty of desktop options if you look in the right places. Not allowed to discuss certain sites on Head-Fi for.. Certain reasons :X
Anyhow, I got the Aune T1 for $130. Sounds better than what you've listed for sure. Just make sure to save $10-$20 for a different tube. The stock tube has an unpleasant midrange.post #348 of 45511/27/13 at 7:26pmpost #349 of 45511/27/13 at 9:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by MshenayAudio Technica Ath a900xSoundstage 4/5 -good width, good instrumental separationBass 4/5 -a little loose but very warm, nice punchHighs 5/5- nice and airyMids 3.5/5- nice attack and tone, slightly recessed though"Timbre realism" 3/5- nice attack and tone on the mids and highs"Timbre fun factor" 5/5- very fun and enjoyable timbre, bass is a little fakeComfort 3.5/5- clamp is a little tight, ear pads are nice though.Ease-of-use 4/5 Some may have issues with fit, but most should have no problems at all!Sound Magic HP 100Soundstage 4.5/5- very nice and wide, slightly shallowBass 4/5- very deep and tight, mid bass a touch recessedHigh 5/5- fantastic, nice sparkle and great airMids 4.25/5 very real mids, delicate weight and body. Wonderfully smooth tone"Timbre realism" 4/5- a little overly lean in the bass, yet retains some nice meaty mids, deep sub an airy highs"Timbre fun factor" 3/5- a little to lean to be "fun" yet, not boringComfort 5/5 -super comfy, ePads are pleather but do not create a lot of sweatEase-of-use 5/5- so easy a cave man could wear em lol
Basically, the A900x is more fun sounding but less accurate and refined than the HP100. The A900x should be easier to drive, but less portable overall.
Edited by Sekka - 11/27/13 at 9:06pmpost #350 of 45511/28/13 at 5:40pmpost #351 of 45511/28/13 at 7:49pmpost #352 of 45511/29/13 at 2:31am
+sound signature quite nice on 2 (not to much bass)
+very good comfort
-nearly no instrument separation noticeable (lack of details)
- pass position 3 and 4 unsuable (muddy)
+ sound stage better, comparable DT770
+ instrument seperation nice and noticeable
soundsignature with raised bass (no imopact on midds),
- comfort for very big heads very good, smaller heads might have issue
- cable not replaceable but higher quality
In terms of sound the A900X is a different leaguge. COP is noth worth the money in my opinionpost #353 of 45511/29/13 at 2:37ampost #354 of 45512/11/13 at 11:46ampost #355 of 45512/11/13 at 6:15pm
I'm a bit upset with Audio Technica right now. I sent in my pair to get repaired and was told nothing was wrong with them although it's obvious that the sound is very uneven and the drivers raddle. They decided to replace the right driver but not the left, and now after paying $15 for shipping I'm still stuck with a crappy pair of headphones.post #356 of 45512/12/13 at 8:12pmpost #357 of 45512/12/13 at 8:20pmQuote:
I bought the headphones used, and yes the sound was off and had raddling with bass. Now the right side is fixed but the left still raddlespost #358 of 45512/13/13 at 6:29ampost #359 of 45512/13/13 at 6:46ampost #360 of 45512/13/13 at 2:50pm
If they tested both drivers and did not find any issues, maybe the connection is improper. Did you try getting back with Audio Technica? Never had an issue with their products before, but I hope for your sake their RMA process is better than ASUS.
They should really just give you a new pair, seriously..
- Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › A question about Sennheiser CX500.... 26 seconds ago
- › Review : Sennheiser HD 25-1 II 47 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Help me choose headphones for under $300! 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Grado wood makers & sellers thread 4 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 5 minutes ago
- › Less than $300 Over the Ear for my Teenage Son (who wants Beats!) 5 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)