- 196 Posts. Joined 11/2013
- Location: Sri Lanka
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 5/29/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-W1000Xtagged by System, 5/29/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I really need some expertise Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will a DIY amp work for these headphones? Last post on 8/8/11 at 2:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) - Page 24post #346 of 53111/26/13 at 6:38pmThanks guys!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 53111/26/13 at 10:00pmQuote:
Hmm, plenty of desktop options if you look in the right places. Not allowed to discuss certain sites on Head-Fi for.. Certain reasons :X
Anyhow, I got the Aune T1 for $130. Sounds better than what you've listed for sure. Just make sure to save $10-$20 for a different tube. The stock tube has an unpleasant midrange.post #348 of 53111/27/13 at 7:26pmpost #349 of 53111/27/13 at 9:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by MshenayAudio Technica Ath a900xSoundstage 4/5 -good width, good instrumental separationBass 4/5 -a little loose but very warm, nice punchHighs 5/5- nice and airyMids 3.5/5- nice attack and tone, slightly recessed though"Timbre realism" 3/5- nice attack and tone on the mids and highs"Timbre fun factor" 5/5- very fun and enjoyable timbre, bass is a little fakeComfort 3.5/5- clamp is a little tight, ear pads are nice though.Ease-of-use 4/5 Some may have issues with fit, but most should have no problems at all!Sound Magic HP 100Soundstage 4.5/5- very nice and wide, slightly shallowBass 4/5- very deep and tight, mid bass a touch recessedHigh 5/5- fantastic, nice sparkle and great airMids 4.25/5 very real mids, delicate weight and body. Wonderfully smooth tone"Timbre realism" 4/5- a little overly lean in the bass, yet retains some nice meaty mids, deep sub an airy highs"Timbre fun factor" 3/5- a little to lean to be "fun" yet, not boringComfort 5/5 -super comfy, ePads are pleather but do not create a lot of sweatEase-of-use 5/5- so easy a cave man could wear em lol
Basically, the A900x is more fun sounding but less accurate and refined than the HP100. The A900x should be easier to drive, but less portable overall.
Edited by Sekka - 11/27/13 at 9:06pmpost #350 of 53111/28/13 at 5:40pmpost #351 of 53111/28/13 at 7:49pmpost #352 of 53111/29/13 at 2:31am
+sound signature quite nice on 2 (not to much bass)
+very good comfort
-nearly no instrument separation noticeable (lack of details)
- pass position 3 and 4 unsuable (muddy)
+ sound stage better, comparable DT770
+ instrument seperation nice and noticeable
soundsignature with raised bass (no imopact on midds),
- comfort for very big heads very good, smaller heads might have issue
- cable not replaceable but higher quality
In terms of sound the A900X is a different leaguge. COP is noth worth the money in my opinionpost #353 of 53111/29/13 at 2:37ampost #354 of 53112/11/13 at 11:46ampost #355 of 53112/11/13 at 6:15pm
I'm a bit upset with Audio Technica right now. I sent in my pair to get repaired and was told nothing was wrong with them although it's obvious that the sound is very uneven and the drivers raddle. They decided to replace the right driver but not the left, and now after paying $15 for shipping I'm still stuck with a crappy pair of headphones.post #356 of 53112/12/13 at 8:12pmpost #357 of 53112/12/13 at 8:20pmQuote:
I bought the headphones used, and yes the sound was off and had raddling with bass. Now the right side is fixed but the left still raddlespost #358 of 53112/13/13 at 6:29ampost #359 of 53112/13/13 at 6:46ampost #360 of 53112/13/13 at 2:50pm
If they tested both drivers and did not find any issues, maybe the connection is improper. Did you try getting back with Audio Technica? Never had an issue with their products before, but I hope for your sake their RMA process is better than ASUS.
They should really just give you a new pair, seriously..
- Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › MHDT Labs: R-2R NOS Tube DACs 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...