- 108 Posts. Joined 11/2013
- Location: Sri Lanka
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productATH-W1000Xtagged by System, 5/29/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 5/29/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I really need some expertise Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will a DIY amp work for these headphones? Last post on 8/8/11 at 2:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
When Blue Microphones (started in California in 1995) announced the Mo-Fi, I was immediately intrigued. Here was a well-respected and highly regarded microphone manufacturer with...
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) - Page 24post #346 of 45511/26/13 at 6:38pmThanks guys!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 45511/26/13 at 10:00pmQuote:
Hmm, plenty of desktop options if you look in the right places. Not allowed to discuss certain sites on Head-Fi for.. Certain reasons :X
Anyhow, I got the Aune T1 for $130. Sounds better than what you've listed for sure. Just make sure to save $10-$20 for a different tube. The stock tube has an unpleasant midrange.post #348 of 45511/27/13 at 7:26pmpost #349 of 45511/27/13 at 9:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by MshenayAudio Technica Ath a900xSoundstage 4/5 -good width, good instrumental separationBass 4/5 -a little loose but very warm, nice punchHighs 5/5- nice and airyMids 3.5/5- nice attack and tone, slightly recessed though"Timbre realism" 3/5- nice attack and tone on the mids and highs"Timbre fun factor" 5/5- very fun and enjoyable timbre, bass is a little fakeComfort 3.5/5- clamp is a little tight, ear pads are nice though.Ease-of-use 4/5 Some may have issues with fit, but most should have no problems at all!Sound Magic HP 100Soundstage 4.5/5- very nice and wide, slightly shallowBass 4/5- very deep and tight, mid bass a touch recessedHigh 5/5- fantastic, nice sparkle and great airMids 4.25/5 very real mids, delicate weight and body. Wonderfully smooth tone"Timbre realism" 4/5- a little overly lean in the bass, yet retains some nice meaty mids, deep sub an airy highs"Timbre fun factor" 3/5- a little to lean to be "fun" yet, not boringComfort 5/5 -super comfy, ePads are pleather but do not create a lot of sweatEase-of-use 5/5- so easy a cave man could wear em lol
Basically, the A900x is more fun sounding but less accurate and refined than the HP100. The A900x should be easier to drive, but less portable overall.
Edited by Sekka - 11/27/13 at 9:06pmpost #350 of 45511/28/13 at 5:40pmpost #351 of 45511/28/13 at 7:49pmpost #352 of 45511/29/13 at 2:31am
+sound signature quite nice on 2 (not to much bass)
+very good comfort
-nearly no instrument separation noticeable (lack of details)
- pass position 3 and 4 unsuable (muddy)
+ sound stage better, comparable DT770
+ instrument seperation nice and noticeable
soundsignature with raised bass (no imopact on midds),
- comfort for very big heads very good, smaller heads might have issue
- cable not replaceable but higher quality
In terms of sound the A900X is a different leaguge. COP is noth worth the money in my opinionpost #353 of 45511/29/13 at 2:37ampost #354 of 45512/11/13 at 11:46ampost #355 of 45512/11/13 at 6:15pm
I'm a bit upset with Audio Technica right now. I sent in my pair to get repaired and was told nothing was wrong with them although it's obvious that the sound is very uneven and the drivers raddle. They decided to replace the right driver but not the left, and now after paying $15 for shipping I'm still stuck with a crappy pair of headphones.post #356 of 45512/12/13 at 8:12pmpost #357 of 45512/12/13 at 8:20pmQuote:
I bought the headphones used, and yes the sound was off and had raddling with bass. Now the right side is fixed but the left still raddlespost #358 of 45512/13/13 at 6:29ampost #359 of 45512/13/13 at 6:46ampost #360 of 45512/13/13 at 2:50pm
If they tested both drivers and did not find any issues, maybe the connection is improper. Did you try getting back with Audio Technica? Never had an issue with their products before, but I hope for your sake their RMA process is better than ASUS.
They should really just give you a new pair, seriously..
- Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 3 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › New desktop setup? 1 minute ago
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone & Amp Impedance Questions? Find the answers here! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Most comfortable, portable, over the ear cans? Under $200 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)