- 108 Posts. Joined 11/2013
- Location: Sri Lanka
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productATH-W1000Xtagged by System, 5/29/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 5/29/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I really need some expertise Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will a DIY amp work for these headphones? Last post on 8/8/11 at 2:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) - Page 24post #346 of 45511/26/13 at 6:38pmThanks guys!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 45511/26/13 at 10:00pmQuote:
Hmm, plenty of desktop options if you look in the right places. Not allowed to discuss certain sites on Head-Fi for.. Certain reasons :X
Anyhow, I got the Aune T1 for $130. Sounds better than what you've listed for sure. Just make sure to save $10-$20 for a different tube. The stock tube has an unpleasant midrange.post #348 of 45511/27/13 at 7:26pmpost #349 of 45511/27/13 at 9:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by MshenayAudio Technica Ath a900xSoundstage 4/5 -good width, good instrumental separationBass 4/5 -a little loose but very warm, nice punchHighs 5/5- nice and airyMids 3.5/5- nice attack and tone, slightly recessed though"Timbre realism" 3/5- nice attack and tone on the mids and highs"Timbre fun factor" 5/5- very fun and enjoyable timbre, bass is a little fakeComfort 3.5/5- clamp is a little tight, ear pads are nice though.Ease-of-use 4/5 Some may have issues with fit, but most should have no problems at all!Sound Magic HP 100Soundstage 4.5/5- very nice and wide, slightly shallowBass 4/5- very deep and tight, mid bass a touch recessedHigh 5/5- fantastic, nice sparkle and great airMids 4.25/5 very real mids, delicate weight and body. Wonderfully smooth tone"Timbre realism" 4/5- a little overly lean in the bass, yet retains some nice meaty mids, deep sub an airy highs"Timbre fun factor" 3/5- a little to lean to be "fun" yet, not boringComfort 5/5 -super comfy, ePads are pleather but do not create a lot of sweatEase-of-use 5/5- so easy a cave man could wear em lol
Basically, the A900x is more fun sounding but less accurate and refined than the HP100. The A900x should be easier to drive, but less portable overall.
Edited by Sekka - 11/27/13 at 9:06pmpost #350 of 45511/28/13 at 5:40pmpost #351 of 45511/28/13 at 7:49pmpost #352 of 45511/29/13 at 2:31am
+sound signature quite nice on 2 (not to much bass)
+very good comfort
-nearly no instrument separation noticeable (lack of details)
- pass position 3 and 4 unsuable (muddy)
+ sound stage better, comparable DT770
+ instrument seperation nice and noticeable
soundsignature with raised bass (no imopact on midds),
- comfort for very big heads very good, smaller heads might have issue
- cable not replaceable but higher quality
In terms of sound the A900X is a different leaguge. COP is noth worth the money in my opinionpost #353 of 45511/29/13 at 2:37ampost #354 of 45512/11/13 at 11:46ampost #355 of 45512/11/13 at 6:15pm
I'm a bit upset with Audio Technica right now. I sent in my pair to get repaired and was told nothing was wrong with them although it's obvious that the sound is very uneven and the drivers raddle. They decided to replace the right driver but not the left, and now after paying $15 for shipping I'm still stuck with a crappy pair of headphones.post #356 of 45512/12/13 at 8:12pmpost #357 of 45512/12/13 at 8:20pmQuote:
I bought the headphones used, and yes the sound was off and had raddling with bass. Now the right side is fixed but the left still raddlespost #358 of 45512/13/13 at 6:29ampost #359 of 45512/13/13 at 6:46ampost #360 of 45512/13/13 at 2:50pm
If they tested both drivers and did not find any issues, maybe the connection is improper. Did you try getting back with Audio Technica? Never had an issue with their products before, but I hope for your sake their RMA process is better than ASUS.
They should really just give you a new pair, seriously..
- Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Lepai LP-2020A for the ath-esw9's? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Whisky-fi 2 minutes ago
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)