Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) - Page 22

post #316 of 451

As much as I love the sound of these compared to my previous LAN party headphones, the DT-770 250's from Beyer, I HATE the ear muffs. Compared to velour, the material sucks and the pads come down on my lobes instead of going around them.

post #317 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingtheblues View Post
 

Looking for velour pads to replace stock.  Searched this thread without a clear answer.  Tried replacement pads for Beyer DT770, but a little small.  Can't find a clear answer anywhere.  Thanks in advance.

 

Would LOVE to do this.

post #318 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
 

 

Would LOVE to do this.

 

maybe the Hifiman HE 400 velours would fit! 

 
I've got a full size ATH can so when my HE 400 comes in I'll try it and see how it goes! If it fits my w1000x it will fit ur A900x [same size drivers so pads are swappable] 
post #319 of 451
Cool, let us know.
post #320 of 451
Does anyone know Best Buy's policy for exchanging an item that they no longer have in stock, specifically headphones? I bought a pair of used a900x from a guy who has the Best Buy protection plan and he says that if I want to exchange them, then they'd upgrade me to the a1000's because of the a900x no longer being in stock.
post #321 of 451
Nope you get comparable product or they order a replacement. They may let you upgrade if you pay the difference.
post #322 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by paloalto00 View Post

Does anyone know Best Buy's policy for exchanging an item that they no longer have in stock, specifically headphones? I bought a pair of used a900x from a guy who has the Best Buy protection plan and he says that if I want to exchange them, then they'd upgrade me to the a1000's because of the a900x no longer being in stock.

 

see if they will do it for free, but CONFIRM that it is the A1000X, the non X series headphone have a more linear bass, which if you want that then go for it, but if you like the bass it will be less on a non X ath can 

post #323 of 451

Thinking of buying a pair of these. Would you guys suggest an amp? It'd be my first set headphones towards the audiophile world, and I've seen that some people recommend amps for some headphones. Also, since my source would largely be a Nexus 4 (while I'm out) and a Xonar DG 5.1 at home, given that the Nexus4 with bumper most likely cannot accomodate that 3.5 mm plug (just looking at it, I can already tell) - what do you guys suggest I do? An amp would also probably greatly help that issue, but I'm curious about what else you might be able to suggest.

 

Thanks!

post #324 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateem View Post

Thinking of buying a pair of these. Would you guys suggest an amp? It'd be my first set headphones towards the audiophile world, and I've seen that some people recommend amps for some headphones. Also, since my source would largely be a Nexus 4 (while I'm out) and a Xonar DG 5.1 at home, given that the Nexus4 with bumper most likely cannot accomodate that 3.5 mm plug (just looking at it, I can already tell) - what do you guys suggest I do? An amp would also probably greatly help that issue, but I'm curious about what else you might be able to suggest.

Thanks!

I don't know the sound quality of the nexus oe xonar but these run fine straight off my macbook or clip zip. I have a fiio e17 and it improves it a little. That's mostly the dac cleaning up the sound though. These are very efficient in my experience.
post #325 of 451
Alright then an amp probably isn't necessary. What do you suggest I do about the termination of the default value on the A900X? The high quality silver part impedes it from plugging in to a protected (with a bumper) nexus 4.
post #326 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateem View Post

Alright then an amp probably isn't necessary. What do you suggest I do about the termination of the default value on the A900X? The high quality silver part impedes it from plugging in to a protected (with a bumper) nexus 4.

If you can't plug it in the only things to do is to either take off the case whenever you listen or get a short extension cable such as this one.
post #327 of 451

One of my favorite features of this headphone is how well it works off my sound card. I used to have to carry an amp to LAN parties w/ my old Beyer 770 250's, but these sound just great w/ no amp. I've tried from my Note 2 and they even sound great there. 

post #328 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post

One of my favorite features of this headphone is how well it works off my sound card. I used to have to carry an amp to LAN parties w/ my old Beyer 770 250's, but these sound just great w/ no amp. I've tried from my Note 2 and they even sound great there. 

How do these sound compared to the 770s?
post #329 of 451
Better in every way. My only complaint is comfort. The 770s blow the 900x away in that regard.

Mids are much more prominent and clear, especially vocals. Bass does not dominate thus making it better for gaming. I only wore my 770s @ LAN parties. I wear the 900x all the time...music, movies, and games.

If you can get past the fit, they're a great all rounder IMO.
post #330 of 451
The other day I tried the a900x with the aune t1. Did not like the vocals.

Not musical, and sounded I guess metallic? Its hard to explain, not proficient in audiophile terminology.

Is this affecting anyone else with more expensive sources?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review)