Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Best of earphones in the market
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best of earphones in the market - Page 3

post #31 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeHere View Post

Usually, new products are sold at the lsiting price for a pretty long period, so I believe that at least in the first few months, the price will be around $60.

 

It depends on the brand and the model. The new Panasonic RP-HJE355 lists for $40, but I bought it recently for  $20. The new Panasonic RP-HJE140 lists for $20 but I bought it for around $8.


Edited by JK1 - 5/10/12 at 1:29pm
post #32 of 45
Thread Starter 

Where did you get it for $8? can you tell me the link? Wow that's really cheap.

post #33 of 45

LOL @ chinese faking chinese equipment

i'm sorry, but why would anyone voluntarily buy chinese made earphones? 

post #34 of 45

Because 95% of earphones are made in China? Unless you want to restrict yourself to 5% or less of what's out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by probono View Post

LOL @ chinese faking chinese equipment

i'm sorry, but why would anyone voluntarily buy chinese made earphones? 

post #35 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundstige View Post

Because 95% of earphones are made in China? Unless you want to restrict yourself to 5% or less of what's out there.

AGREED! Lol

post #36 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundstige View Post

Because 95% of earphones are made in China? Unless you want to restrict yourself to 5% or less of what's out there.

I think the number is even higher than that, and if you take into account volume (not including fakes/cheap crap) it's probably closer to 99.999%.

post #37 of 45

Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post
 

 

I think the number is even higher than that, and if you take into account volume (not including fakes/cheap crap) it's probably closer to 99.999%.

 

Err not really, last time I checked Sony sells the most earphones/headphones in the U.S. and they don't make much of it in China anymore.

post #38 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

Err not really, last time I checked Sony sells the most earphones/headphones in the U.S. and they don't make much of it in China anymore.

Well by volume I meant the number made and the number sold - cheaper earphones are likely all made in China and about 95% of headphone/earphone sales would be those less than $50, I'd guess.  I could be wrong though.

post #39 of 45

In the US, 72% of headphone sales in dollars are for headphones retailing under $25. Appox. 22% of headphone sales in dollars in the US are for headphones retailing between $25 and $100.

 

http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-02-24/industries/31094075_1_headphone-market-bob-marley-marley-family/2

 

In terms of units, you might be right about approximately 95% being under $50.

post #40 of 45
http://www.head-fi.org/t/607311/my-iem-round-up

Check this out, should help you out!
post #41 of 45

The key word being 'VOLUNTARILY'

If a company decides to increase profit margins by manufacturing their products as cheaply as possible, there is little the consumer can do.

If '5%' is not manufactured in China, then I'll take that 5% over the 95% any day. At least I know I'm not buying something that took pennies to produce and will likely not last the year

post #42 of 45

You probably know this, but most of the things you're saying are not based in fact nor reality. It's arguably a form of racism to have such a strong avoidance of Chinese-made items when most of the household items, car parts, tools, and office equipment you buy in stores are made there, too; and when you don't have any personal experience with these audio devices you're criticizing. I know any IEM I've paid more than $10 for that came out of China has had the same or better build and sound quality than similarly-priced IEMs made anywhere else in the world. The current line of IEMs by Vsonic are some of the most well-made and best-sounding that exist in the world for the price they're offered at. Dunu has better build quality than Monster at 1/8th the price. Most headphone and speaker companies source parts from China or have their products manufactured there. Do you really think you're the one with superior knowledge on the quality that is found there?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by probono View Post

The key word being 'VOLUNTARILY'

If a company decides to increase profit margins by manufacturing their products as cheaply as possible, there is little the consumer can do.

If '5%' is not manufactured in China, then I'll take that 5% over the 95% any day. At least I know I'm not buying something that took pennies to produce and will likely not last the year

post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by probono View Post

The key word being 'VOLUNTARILY'

If a company decides to increase profit margins by manufacturing their products as cheaply as possible, there is little the consumer can do.

If '5%' is not manufactured in China, then I'll take that 5% over the 95% any day. At least I know I'm not buying something that took pennies to produce and will likely not last the year

Clearly you have never actually tried anything from a reputable Chinese company.  My GR07 is still one of the best values on the market and I've abused it quite a bit for over a year now, and it's still holding strong.

post #44 of 45
Thread Starter 

Hmm it seems like my choice is going to be Vsonic R04 Pro.
 

post #45 of 45
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

There is a deal in China now that you can get a free Vsonic GR99 with an R04 but I don't know how to buy from there...

 

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=9758753322

 

Originally Posted by FlaMers View Post

OMGGGGG!! Can someone translate this and help!! This is such an amazing deal!! IWANTTT!

 

So did you manage to buy from there somehow?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Best of earphones in the market