Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone 4r vs Audeo PFE232 vs Sennheiser IE80
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Westone 4r vs Audeo PFE232 vs Sennheiser IE80 - Page 2

Poll Results: Westone 4r vs Audeo PFE232 vs Sennheiser IE80

 
  • 31% (23)
    Westone 4r
  • 43% (32)
    Audeo PFE232
  • 25% (19)
    Sennheiser IE80
74 Total Votes  
post #16 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyRusso View Post

Another vote for the PFE 232's here...


Watch for the Earphone solutions 18% or 20% sales and you'll be closer to your target.  That's what I did.

The srh1440 and srh1840s are bargains @ 20 % off tbh.
post #17 of 37
Thread Starter 
How much do mint condition used pfe 232's go for?
Or should I buy new ones for $599.99?
Which should I get?
post #18 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball View Post

How much do mint condition used pfe 232's go for?
Or should I buy new ones for $599.99?
Which should I get?


No one is selling them used much as they are a new product.

Check soundearphones and earphone solutions. Look for the 20 percent coupons

post #19 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball View Post

Have you heard the westone 4r? I currently have them, and they sound very good. I don't know if the 232 is worth the upgrade

Yes, I have auditioned every Westone product besides the W4R (I have auditioned the W4). They do sound very good indeed, but I prefer the PFE232 in terms of fun and overall enjoyment. I find the W4s to be a bit more detailed in the bass and mids compared to the PFE232s, but the PFEs seem to have a bit more rumble in the low end and more sparkle in the treble. An upgrade over the W4? No, but a different IEM with many perks the W4 doesn't have and vice versa. BTW, the comfort is superb. One of the best univerals.
post #20 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by planx View Post


Yes, I have auditioned every Westone product besides the W4R (I have auditioned the W4). They do sound very good indeed, but I prefer the PFE232 in terms of fun and overall enjoyment. I find the W4s to be a bit more detailed in the bass and mids compared to the PFE232s, but the PFEs seem to have a bit more rumble in the low end and more sparkle in the treble. An upgrade over the W4? No, but a different IEM with many perks the W4 doesn't have and vice versa. BTW, the comfort is superb. One of the best univerals.

So your pretty much saying their sound qualities are on par it is just a matter of taste?

post #21 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball View Post

So your pretty much saying their sound qualities are on par it is just a matter of taste?

I don't agree at all. The pfe232 with more rumble and the w4r with a more detailed low-end?
Just no. His impressions seems to indicate the pfe232 is an U or V shaped iem.
post #22 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil3nce View Post


I don't agree at all. The pfe232 with more rumble and the w4r with a more detailed low-end?
Just no. His impressions seems to indicate the pfe232 is an U or V shaped iem.

Well everyone has different ears and sound preferences. The PFE 232 have more bass quantity while the 4R have less quantity but more detail? 

 

Could you reflect on the vocals on both?

post #23 of 37
The 232s do have a v shape. The vocals are better on the 232 simply due to the fact that they have more energy behind them. In the the W4s have better clarity and instrumental focus overall.


Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message tongue.gif
post #24 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

The 232s do have a v shape. The vocals are better on the 232 simply due to the fact that they have more energy behind them. In the the W4s have better clarity and instrumental focus overall.
Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message tongue.gif

Which sound better on an Iphone source?

post #25 of 37
Thread Starter 

Lets not forget the IE80!

post #26 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil3nce View Post

I don't agree at all. The pfe232 with more rumble and the w4r with a more detailed low-end?
Just no. His impressions seems to indicate the pfe232 is an U or V shaped iem.

Okay, feel free to disagree, but my impressions still stand. The PFE232s don't have an emphasized V shape to it, just suttle. And I'm using grey filters.
post #27 of 37
I've had both and much preferred the 232. Treble is more energetic and sparkly and the bass has much more slam to it. I do feel that the 4rs had better instrument separation and more details in the lows and mids. Also, I absolutely hated the cable on the 232's but much preferred the fit of them. I do feel that the 232's are superior to the 4r and much more fun to listen too.
post #28 of 37

I would say the PFE232 is best in highs, W4R in mids and IE80 is bass. IE80 has the widest soundstage though. W4R would be the flattest and most neutral while the PFE232 would be the most musical. 

post #29 of 37
Thread Starter 

I read the PFE 232's have some sibilance which is a huge drawback.

 

Can someone confirm and elaborate on their sibilance?

post #30 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball View Post

I read the PFE 232's have some sibilance which is a huge drawback.

 

Can someone confirm and elaborate on their sibilance?

 

I actually found the W4s to be more sibilant than the 232s.  Others have heard the opposite.  You'd have to listen to them both to get a full answer. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone 4r vs Audeo PFE232 vs Sennheiser IE80