Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone 4r vs Audeo PFE232 vs Sennheiser IE80
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Westone 4r vs Audeo PFE232 vs Sennheiser IE80

Poll Results: Westone 4r vs Audeo PFE232 vs Sennheiser IE80

 
  • 32% (23)
    Westone 4r
  • 45% (32)
    Audeo PFE232
  • 22% (16)
    Sennheiser IE80
71 Total Votes  
post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 

I bought some westone 4r which I just got yesterday. My first impression is they have very deep and extended bass. I wanted to know how they compare to the pfe232 and sennheiser ie80 in terms of how deep the bass goes and how good they sound in general.

If you have tried all three or one of them, feel free to leave your impressions.

 

I also paired my westone 4r with my fiio E11 and on the bass boost settings the bass sounds very powerful almost subwoofer like. 

post #2 of 37
Thread Starter 
Common people vote
post #3 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball View Post

Common people vote


Arise Third Estate?

 

KP

post #4 of 37
The pfe232 is world's away from the 4r and ie80 in terms of signature.
Personally, I prefer the 232 for their superior imaging and slightly more balanced stage.
I still think the um3x > westone 4 in terms of technicality.
post #5 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKillerPiglet View Post


Arise Third Estate?

KP

Freedom or death.
post #6 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil3nce View Post

The pfe232 is world's away from the 4r and ie80 in terms of signature.
Personally, I prefer the 232 for their superior imaging and slightly more balanced stage.
I still think the um3x > westone 4 in terms of technicality.

Could you describe the bass on the pfe232 compared to the 4r?
post #7 of 37
Thread Starter 

Looks like the 232's have the favore on the votes.

post #8 of 37

I'd have to go 232 > W4 as well...  More musical signature overall...  IDK about IE80 though.  Haven't been able to get my hands on any yet :(

post #9 of 37
Thread Starter 
Now I really do want to get my hands in the pfe232
post #10 of 37

audeo pfe232

post #11 of 37
PFE232 once again... These are some REAL good IEMs
post #12 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by planx View Post

PFE232 once again... These are some REAL good IEMs

Have you heard the westone 4r? I currently have them, and they sound very good. I don't know if the 232 is worth the upgrade
post #13 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by planx View Post

PFE232 once again... These are some REAL good IEMs

Have you heard the westone 4r? I currently have them, and they sound very good. I don't know if the 232 is worth the upgrade

I just got the westone 4's and am really enjoying them. If the 232's were maybe $450-ish, I would totally look at them. For $600+ I would rather go all out and get customs.
post #14 of 37

Another vote for the PFE 232's here...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalist View Post


I just got the westone 4's and am really enjoying them. If the 232's were maybe $450-ish, I would totally look at them. For $600+ I would rather go all out and get customs.

 

Watch for the Earphone solutions 18% or 20% sales and you'll be closer to your target.  That's what I did.

post #15 of 37
Sorry I didn't respond earlier.
The best way to describe the 232's low-end is that they simply have more details with less echo and greater control of impact.
It isn't nearly as tipped as the w4.
I prefer the ck-10 to the w4 in terms of low-end, it's my standard for accuracy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone 4r vs Audeo PFE232 vs Sennheiser IE80