Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › Dilemma: Should I not believe any reviewers who talk about cables or just ignore that section of their review?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dilemma: Should I not believe any reviewers who talk about cables or just ignore that section of... - Page 102

post #1516 of 1790

Had a great time reading this, I think most of you will enjoy as well ;)

 

http://www.stereophile.com/content/music-or-sound

post #1517 of 1790

I saw the article a few days and couldn't force myself reading it after spotting the first comments:

Stop embarrassing yourself ...

So stop wasting your time with infidels ...

Stop the nonsense ...

 

I finally read the article, and what can I say, the comments were spot on. What a delusional, arrogant, *********** *******.


Edited by xnor - 2/14/13 at 5:36am
post #1518 of 1790

How 'bout this instead? tongue.gif

 

 

se

post #1519 of 1790

"Lastly I swapped out the stock cable for the TWag2 cable (after three days using the stock cable) , here I will note I would not spend this much on a custom cable for an iem costing $300 but already had these for my JH16’s so was rude not to try them as they share the same connectors!

 

Straight away treble was really sparked with them sounding the most realistic I have heard them through the 3Ai’s all week and the cohesion between the bass to mid-range to highs was improved and decay of vocals and instruments was improved with the tinkle of ivory’s on the piano sounding more  real in the timbre of each key.  I had started to take the custom cable for granted until I went back to the stock cable for first time in a long time and is apparent good as this stock cable is it is a bottle neck restricting what the 3Ai is capable of by a fairly large margin."

 

From recent review of Heir 3Ai iems. Bottleneck. tongue.gif

post #1520 of 1790

I remember reading somewhere that an expensive cable makes the electrons change shape and transform into more pure electrons through the wiring system. Funniest thing I have heard in a long time!

post #1521 of 1790
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

I remember reading somewhere that an expensive cable makes the electrons change shape and transform into more pure electrons through the wiring system. Funniest thing I have heard in a long time!

I can't stand the sound from electrons with impurities.   Simply the worst .....

post #1522 of 1790

My electrons are both grass-fed and free-range AND sourced from an organic region of the Big Bang.
 

post #1523 of 1790
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

I remember reading somewhere that an expensive cable makes the electrons change shape and transform into more pure electrons through the wiring system. Funniest thing I have heard in a long time!

That is a snake oil sales pitch. We do not know if electrons "change shape" because we do not know their shape in the first place. No electron has ever been directly observed.

post #1524 of 1790
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorin View Post

That is a snake oil sales pitch. We do not know if electrons "change shape" because we do not know their shape in the first place. No electron has ever been directly observed.

It was heavily entrenched in sarcasm....

post #1525 of 1790
I need to unsubscribe from this subforum, audio skeptic humour is wasted on me -.-
post #1526 of 1790

Here's a similar dillemma: looking into Meier Audio products they looked quite nice, then I came across http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/tipstricks.htm.. First point: break-in of drivers. So now I have no idea what to think of it. Is that stuff written by the engineers who make the amps? Is it sarcastic? Is it a way to attract believers?


Edited by stijn - 4/2/13 at 5:37am
post #1527 of 1790
Quote:
Originally Posted by stijn View Post

Here's a similar dillemma: looking into Meier Audio products they looked quite nice, then I came across http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/tipstricks.htm.. First point: break-in of drivers. So now I have no idea what to think of it. Is that stuff written by the engineers who make the amps? Is it sarcastic? Is it a way to attract believers?

I thought you meant software drivers in my first read through of your post lol, that would've been something mindblowing

 

some drivers can change with burn in but not all, more likely it is due to your ears getting used to the sound sig

post #1528 of 1790

Hi guys,

 

I had long been not believer in cable, but I recently ordered a toxic cable for my He-5le.

The inductance of the usual cable can be roughly 50 uH, when the cable is straight in usual length.

However the cable is twisted, which can reduce the inductance that can impede higher frequency band in the context of capacitance loading if there is any.

 

In short I was not believer of cable but of twisted cable to kill some inductance.

But I should confess that I become a little bit believer in cable quality in general.biggrin.gif

post #1529 of 1790

If you actually measured the inductance of your magical cable vs a normal one, there won't be a difference. Even if there is, it would be negligible to the point that I don't think even a bat will be able to hear the difference.

post #1530 of 1790
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

If you actually measured the inductance of your magical cable vs a normal one, there won't be a difference. Even if there is, it would be negligible to the point that I don't think even a bat will be able to hear the difference.

+1

 

No science involved in that one.  No cable twist changes reactive parameters enough to affect anything audible.

 

However, reducing resistance very definitely can be audible, something like changing from 18ga to 12ga over 50' or so.  Depending on the speaker load, that change could be audible.  But without much wire resistance you have to have a TON of L and C to audibly change much around an 8 ohm load with a near zero ohm source.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Science
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › Dilemma: Should I not believe any reviewers who talk about cables or just ignore that section of their review?