Paul asked me to co-organize a new meet for this year.
The previous meet was under http://www.head-fi.org/t/549400/can-con-sydney-meet-10-07-unique-melody-i-enjoy-com-au-jaben-australia-twisted-cables-krispy-kables-to-join-us-major-prize-giveaway-by-jaben-aus /
He'll be busy with a baby Jun-Jul (and possibly August). I'll be busy falling apart as usual, but hey, why not.
A meet is a nice chance for people to exchange impressions, sample new and old gear and maybe buy or sell gear.
Here are the meet details so far:
a) Meet Aug 18th 3:30 to 8:30pm
b) The venue is near Epping station, details available upon registration (a few days before the meet).
c) As to the rules, we will be making announcements soon.
d) I assume the conditions will be the same as last time - (see the start of the post for the old meet link) - incl similar fees for vendors ($20) and regular attendees ($10-15).
e) post the gear you might bring (IEMs, full size cans, amps, dacs, electrostatics, etc).
f) Depending on how you get to the place (not sure how applicable this is before we determine the venue, but some people brought large amps, so it still is), and how much you want to help us have a larger meet with more gear, you may volunteer yourself for car pooling (state the area you're in)
g) The format will probably be similar to the one last year. (subject to change)
The Set up.
Vendor presentation ( introduction (who they are, what goods or services they are involved with, feature product introduction/demonstration). ( I particularly loved Uniques Melody's table drape with their name and logo and it would be good and very professional if the vendors could organise one themselves).
Draw. (prize if any available).
The preliminary rules are:
1. I'll contact the pre-registered attendees to get the Name, Address, Email, Contact number on Tue before the Meet, and when provided will respond with the venue details.
2. At the meet, you would be required to provide a valid photo id when registering at the registration table. Your valid photo id will be cross checked with the details provided prior to the meet. (the info aside from your name and forum id will be burnt within a few days of the meet). For vendors - you can give them your details if you wish separately?
3. You should bring an extension cord or power board if you can (along with other cables necessary for your setup)
4. Please be careful and respect other member`s properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug – some amps if they are not powered down before inserting or pulling out a jack have the potential to blow. Again be very careful.
5. Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment, or hurt yourself – if this is your first meet be weary the floor will be littered with cable.
6. Please restrict consumption of food or drinks to the designated place ONLY and place all rubbish in the plastic bags provided. PLEASE also wash your hands if it is dirty before touching anything.
7. No wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc) (Will be refused entry). Strong aftershave or deodorant are also not good. Also, clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax.
8. No need to panic or spoil the mood (it's unlikely I'll run off with your 10kg amp) - but leaving keys, wallets or expensive IEMs unattended might not be a good idea
9. You must wear the name tag at all times.
Edited by svyr - 8/13/12 at 4:15am