I don't know what their current turn-around is. couple years ago when i got my jh5s they quoted me 4-5 weeks, i received them in 3 (If i recall correctly). I wouldn't start worrying about it before the 4-week mark.
Related Forum Threads
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 7/6/15 at 2:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
Westone 4 vs. JH5 - Page 3post #31 of 496/5/12 at 11:38am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 496/5/12 at 12:50pmpost #33 of 497/5/12 at 12:09pmThread Starterpost #34 of 497/5/12 at 12:29pmpost #35 of 4910/18/12 at 3:50pmQuote:
I found the bass intolerable on the JH5. It livened up a bit amped, but straight out of an iPod it was terrible. It was more boomy than an unamped pair of AH-D2000 headphones. I think it is primarily a drawback to a dual crossover design. Listen to Maroon 5 and you can hear the vocals beat with the bass. It becomes so bad at times that I would not consider buying a pair of JH5 customs. I went for the JH 10 x3 Pro.post #36 of 4910/18/12 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by NA Blur
I found the bass intolerable on the JH5. It livened up a bit amped, but straight out of an iPod it was terrible. It was more boomy than an unamped pair of AH-D2000 headphones. I think it is primarily a drawback to a dual crossover design. Listen to Maroon 5 and you can hear the vocals beat with the bass. It becomes so bad at times that I would not consider buying a pair of JH5 customs. I went for the JH 10 x3 Pro.
I dont find the bass to be boomy at all, from an ipod or my amps. I dont think ive ever read anyone have that issue with the jh5.post #37 of 4910/19/12 at 2:10pm
(disregard my earlier post in this thread.)
These are my two current IEM's. Can't compare them as they are "apples and oranges". JH5 is the Mustang GT and W4 is the Lexus. Both awesome but different.
I could call both great "all arounders" but the JH5 is rawer and more robust, full, in your face. Good clarity, good midrange, good bass but it's mid bass more than deep bass. Typical JH sound. Big, full, robust...but fairly balanced. (JH5 actually brighter sounding than W4)
W4....Total refinement, bigger soundstage and better extension. Much more the audiophile's choice.post #38 of 4910/19/12 at 2:18pm
Forgive me for jumping in, but I was wondering how one goes about trying out custom IEMs? Other than taking people's words for it, how else could I listen to the sound of say the JH or Heir etc etc?
I currently own the W4 but I want to make the jump to CIEMpost #39 of 4910/19/12 at 2:31pmpost #40 of 4910/19/12 at 5:23pmQuote:
Check yellow pages for "audiologist." Call and ask if they can make impressions for a custom earphone. Be sure they have experience as this is different than taking impressions for hearing aids. Call around to a few places as prices can vary
Go get impressions. Could cost anywhere from $25-100. Anyone that is charging over $100 is ripping you off. I paid $25 for mine.
Place your custom order and ship them your impressions with a copy of your order form.post #41 of 4910/19/12 at 9:03pmpost #42 of 4910/20/12 at 5:18ampost #43 of 4910/20/12 at 6:15am
Ah so that's the part where my wallet hates you all. XD. In the end I guess it's always fun to try something new. I always see new headphones/ IEMs as different rather than bad, that way I'm always seeing things in a good way rather than bad.
The headfi community has been great at giving good feedback on any particular gear so it should make things easier.post #44 of 4910/20/12 at 6:54amDoesnt JH have demo pairs of their customs? They look like customs but have universal tips, problem is I think thats in the US only. Call all the custon iem makers and see if anyone is able to let you demo in your location (maybe UM first since I think they have a Australian branch).post #45 of 493/9/13 at 5:09pm
Have done some traveling lately. Took the W4's one full weekend and took the JH5 the next weekend.
There is certainly a mental placebo at work when comparing 2 drivers to 4 drivers in that the 4 drivers MUST be better, flagship Westone product, etc....but after the newness of the latest purchase wears off it is easier to judge the 2. I still find it shocking what the JH5 is capable of.
In 10 years as a member on HF the JH5 is still the best money I ever spent. Jerry Harvey was an absolute genious in choosing and tuning the 2 drivers that provide this amazingly full, lively, punchy, brite sound. The JH5 also has independent sound bores for each driver. Like W4 I DO recommend amping the JH5 for better clarity but if you were to put a gun to my head and say pick one (sound quality only)....I would take the JH5.
Side notes: The JH5 has more bass weight than W4. The JH5 midrange/vocals is just as good as W4 but W4 is a bit more forward. Treble is about the same. Soundstage might be slightly larger with W4 but there is absolutely no veil with JH5 so consider it a trade-off.
They are both great IEM's but for $400, people should really consider the JH5. I swear if mine went dead or got stolen I would order another pair immediately even though I have had mine for 2 1/2 years now. They are bullet proof as well.
Not sure how anyone could have a gripe with it other than someone that prefers a flat neutral sound.
Edited by Spyro - 3/9/13 at 6:22pm
- Westone 4 vs. JH5
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 30 seconds ago
- › FiiO New Portable Headphone Amp A1 --Classic & Tiny & Metal 36 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 42 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HE60 to Stax retermination 1 minute ago
- › Question about massdrop 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...