I don't know what their current turn-around is. couple years ago when i got my jh5s they quoted me 4-5 weeks, i received them in 3 (If i recall correctly). I wouldn't start worrying about it before the 4-week mark.
Related Forum Threads
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 7/6/15 at 2:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
Westone 4 vs. JH5 - Page 3post #31 of 496/5/12 at 11:38am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 496/5/12 at 12:50pmpost #33 of 497/5/12 at 12:09pmThread Starterpost #34 of 497/5/12 at 12:29pmpost #35 of 4910/18/12 at 3:50pmQuote:
I found the bass intolerable on the JH5. It livened up a bit amped, but straight out of an iPod it was terrible. It was more boomy than an unamped pair of AH-D2000 headphones. I think it is primarily a drawback to a dual crossover design. Listen to Maroon 5 and you can hear the vocals beat with the bass. It becomes so bad at times that I would not consider buying a pair of JH5 customs. I went for the JH 10 x3 Pro.post #36 of 4910/18/12 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by NA Blur
I found the bass intolerable on the JH5. It livened up a bit amped, but straight out of an iPod it was terrible. It was more boomy than an unamped pair of AH-D2000 headphones. I think it is primarily a drawback to a dual crossover design. Listen to Maroon 5 and you can hear the vocals beat with the bass. It becomes so bad at times that I would not consider buying a pair of JH5 customs. I went for the JH 10 x3 Pro.
I dont find the bass to be boomy at all, from an ipod or my amps. I dont think ive ever read anyone have that issue with the jh5.post #37 of 4910/19/12 at 2:10pm
(disregard my earlier post in this thread.)
These are my two current IEM's. Can't compare them as they are "apples and oranges". JH5 is the Mustang GT and W4 is the Lexus. Both awesome but different.
I could call both great "all arounders" but the JH5 is rawer and more robust, full, in your face. Good clarity, good midrange, good bass but it's mid bass more than deep bass. Typical JH sound. Big, full, robust...but fairly balanced. (JH5 actually brighter sounding than W4)
W4....Total refinement, bigger soundstage and better extension. Much more the audiophile's choice.post #38 of 4910/19/12 at 2:18pm
Forgive me for jumping in, but I was wondering how one goes about trying out custom IEMs? Other than taking people's words for it, how else could I listen to the sound of say the JH or Heir etc etc?
I currently own the W4 but I want to make the jump to CIEMpost #39 of 4910/19/12 at 2:31pmpost #40 of 4910/19/12 at 5:23pmQuote:
Check yellow pages for "audiologist." Call and ask if they can make impressions for a custom earphone. Be sure they have experience as this is different than taking impressions for hearing aids. Call around to a few places as prices can vary
Go get impressions. Could cost anywhere from $25-100. Anyone that is charging over $100 is ripping you off. I paid $25 for mine.
Place your custom order and ship them your impressions with a copy of your order form.post #41 of 4910/19/12 at 9:03pmpost #42 of 4910/20/12 at 5:18ampost #43 of 4910/20/12 at 6:15am
Ah so that's the part where my wallet hates you all. XD. In the end I guess it's always fun to try something new. I always see new headphones/ IEMs as different rather than bad, that way I'm always seeing things in a good way rather than bad.
The headfi community has been great at giving good feedback on any particular gear so it should make things easier.post #44 of 4910/20/12 at 6:54amDoesnt JH have demo pairs of their customs? They look like customs but have universal tips, problem is I think thats in the US only. Call all the custon iem makers and see if anyone is able to let you demo in your location (maybe UM first since I think they have a Australian branch).post #45 of 493/9/13 at 5:09pm
Have done some traveling lately. Took the W4's one full weekend and took the JH5 the next weekend.
There is certainly a mental placebo at work when comparing 2 drivers to 4 drivers in that the 4 drivers MUST be better, flagship Westone product, etc....but after the newness of the latest purchase wears off it is easier to judge the 2. I still find it shocking what the JH5 is capable of.
In 10 years as a member on HF the JH5 is still the best money I ever spent. Jerry Harvey was an absolute genious in choosing and tuning the 2 drivers that provide this amazingly full, lively, punchy, brite sound. The JH5 also has independent sound bores for each driver. Like W4 I DO recommend amping the JH5 for better clarity but if you were to put a gun to my head and say pick one (sound quality only)....I would take the JH5.
Side notes: The JH5 has more bass weight than W4. The JH5 midrange/vocals is just as good as W4 but W4 is a bit more forward. Treble is about the same. Soundstage might be slightly larger with W4 but there is absolutely no veil with JH5 so consider it a trade-off.
They are both great IEM's but for $400, people should really consider the JH5. I swear if mine went dead or got stolen I would order another pair immediately even though I have had mine for 2 1/2 years now. They are bullet proof as well.
Not sure how anyone could have a gripe with it other than someone that prefers a flat neutral sound.
Edited by Spyro - 3/9/13 at 6:22pm
- Westone 4 vs. JH5
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 40 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 50 seconds ago
- › WANT- Cassette tape player 1 minute ago
- › Wireless IEM for work out under $200 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear