Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3! - Page 52

post #766 of 947

Good news guys...Siyah Kernel is out for Sammy Jelly Bean ROM´s (only audio tweaks are working) 

 

Best of both worlds now! biggrin.gif

 

Apparently the official JB update has been pushed back to October/November 

post #767 of 947

That's fantastic news!  I'm heading to XDA right now.

post #768 of 947

The guy is unbelievable...the sources aren´t even out yet LOL

post #769 of 947

Just received my Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII DAC/Amp and am thrilled to report that it also works via OTG.

 

http://www.leckertonaudio.com/products/uha-6s-mkii/

 

It's a gorgeous little amp, very impressed with it so far.

post #770 of 947

Hi every body

 

i was considering buying a cowon x7 for it's excellent audio quality that every body is describing (as i am a musician & want the best on a budget) ... but i also wanna a new phone so my question is does the S3 having the Wolfson chip can be compared to the cowon x7 in terms of audio quality without any tweaks or EQ ?

 

Thanks

post #771 of 947

I haven't heard that particular Cowon, but I would expect it to out-perform the SGS3 soundwise (happy to be corrected).  

 

It's not really a fair comparison, though.  The SGS3 (international version) has good sound for a phone, and has the added benefit of supporting many external DAC/amps via USB.  I'm generally quite happy with the headphone output and love the fact that I can scale up the sound whenever I like.

post #772 of 947

Thanks for your reply Kindoji.... will if you heard any cowon please tell me how much do the sound excel the S3 in quality terms ( i'm a classical & jazz maniac so instruments separation is a must)

 

thanks

post #773 of 947

Has anyone tried this... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1888366

 

Will install when I get home, fingers crossed its not another "beats audio" 

post #774 of 947
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny93 View Post

Has anyone tried this... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1888366

 

Will install when I get home, fingers crossed its not another "beats audio" 

 

So, is it a different kind of Beats, or actually good?

post #775 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

 

So, is it a different kind of Beats, or actually good?

Sorry guys I never got round to trying it...im a bit busy ATM but I should be able to test it within 2 days...I´ll report back soon

 

Oh and CM10 has sorted out the memory leak for those who were waiting... 


Edited by danny93 - 9/18/12 at 4:01pm
post #776 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoji View Post

Just received my Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII DAC/Amp and am thrilled to report that it also works via OTG.

http://www.leckertonaudio.com/products/uha-6s-mkii/

It's a gorgeous little amp, very impressed with it so far.
Pictures please! smily_headphones1.gif
post #777 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshail View Post

Thanks for your reply Kindoji.... will if you heard any cowon please tell me how much do the sound excel the S3 in quality terms ( i'm a classical & jazz maniac so instruments separation is a must)

 

thanks

If you get the international version of the Galaxy S3 then it'll be amazing like the galaxy S.  (Wolfson DAC inside).  Sadly, the USA version doesn't have it :(  neither does the Canada version I believe. 

 

It'll probably be as good as the Galaxy S2....(not stellar but still pretty good). 

post #778 of 947

NZ,

 

Can we get an update on the US & International both with and without the amp?  Really interested as I'm in the market for a new handset.

 

Cheers

post #779 of 947

Soooo....Did jelly bean break DAC compatability?

 

Kojaku

post #780 of 947
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojaku View Post

Soooo....Did jelly bean break DAC compatability?

 

Kojaku

 

Not for me on either my international or AT&T S3s (it didn't fix the Pico not working with my international one either, mores the pity).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!