Still curious about what you guys think of these with the pads off. :ears
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Last post on 6/6/15 at 11:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- B&W P3 - can the sound be "fixed"? Last post on 11/29/14 at 10:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones straight out of an iPod? Last post on 8/7/12 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Supra-aural for mostly Electronic/EDM Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
NEW! B&W p3 headphones in white or black - Page 11post #151 of 1637/1/12 at 10:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 1637/1/12 at 11:14amThread Starterpost #153 of 1637/1/12 at 11:49amQuote:
A hell of a lot brighter and shrill sounding. Less weight (and bass) in the sound as well. I think it's horrible
And it hurts! Thanks Tyll ;)post #154 of 1637/1/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
I would do that, I just need to get my hands on a pairpost #155 of 1637/9/12 at 3:30pm
They sound more neutral, but due to the lack of the resonator the bass almost completely goes away unless you press them down onto your ears a bit. The P5 sound awesome and I find them quite revealing.
Here are a few charts Tyll has up for the P5 and some for the P3:
P5 test 1:
P5 test 2:
Judging by the almost +15dB rise near 110 Hz as well as almost +10dB near 90 Hz it is a wonder we can hear the treble at all. Perhaps the treble is extremely headphone position sensitive. Both sets deliver a very comfortable headphone with some excellent design choices.post #156 of 1637/25/12 at 8:21pmpost #157 of 1637/25/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Nothing I've come across here in Oz unfortunately. I imported mine from Custom Cable in the UK: http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/bowers-and-wilkins-p3-headphones.htmlpost #158 of 1637/25/12 at 9:40pmpost #159 of 1637/25/12 at 9:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by pixil8
Thanks alchemical do you know how much they weigh for shipping purposes?
I chose the 'International Signed For' option, which cost £28.99, but because it's shipping outside the EU you can get the VAT tax deducted by adding VATFREE into the coupon code field at the checkout, which pretty much negates the shipping price. Ordered a few things from Custom Cable before - they're a great company and their customer service is exceptional.post #160 of 1637/25/12 at 9:57pmpost #161 of 1637/25/12 at 10:03pm
No worries. Absolutely - they're an authorised B&W seller. B&W's official distributor, Convoy, here in Oz confirmed to me that they'd carry out any warranty repairs on products bought from Custom Cable. I bought my C5s and P3s from CC.post #162 of 1637/26/12 at 4:40ampost #163 of 1638/13/12 at 8:44pmQuote:
I think the 'soundstage' improvement is just improved 'air' due to it being slightly more 'open' as they don't isolate much at all.
- NEW! B&W p3 headphones in white or black
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 2 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Woo WA6 SE vs. WA22 2 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › (AUS) Audeze Sine headphones 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 5 minutes ago
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...