Still curious about what you guys think of these with the pads off. :ears
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Last post on 6/6/15 at 11:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- B&W P3 - can the sound be "fixed"? Last post on 11/29/14 at 10:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones straight out of an iPod? Last post on 8/7/12 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Supra-aural for mostly Electronic/EDM Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
NEW! B&W p3 headphones in white or black - Page 11post #151 of 1637/1/12 at 10:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 1637/1/12 at 11:14amThread Starterpost #153 of 1637/1/12 at 11:49amQuote:
A hell of a lot brighter and shrill sounding. Less weight (and bass) in the sound as well. I think it's horrible
And it hurts! Thanks Tyll ;)post #154 of 1637/1/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
I would do that, I just need to get my hands on a pairpost #155 of 1637/9/12 at 3:30pm
They sound more neutral, but due to the lack of the resonator the bass almost completely goes away unless you press them down onto your ears a bit. The P5 sound awesome and I find them quite revealing.
Here are a few charts Tyll has up for the P5 and some for the P3:
P5 test 1:
P5 test 2:
Judging by the almost +15dB rise near 110 Hz as well as almost +10dB near 90 Hz it is a wonder we can hear the treble at all. Perhaps the treble is extremely headphone position sensitive. Both sets deliver a very comfortable headphone with some excellent design choices.post #156 of 1637/25/12 at 8:21pmpost #157 of 1637/25/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Nothing I've come across here in Oz unfortunately. I imported mine from Custom Cable in the UK: http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/bowers-and-wilkins-p3-headphones.htmlpost #158 of 1637/25/12 at 9:40pmpost #159 of 1637/25/12 at 9:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by pixil8
Thanks alchemical do you know how much they weigh for shipping purposes?
I chose the 'International Signed For' option, which cost £28.99, but because it's shipping outside the EU you can get the VAT tax deducted by adding VATFREE into the coupon code field at the checkout, which pretty much negates the shipping price. Ordered a few things from Custom Cable before - they're a great company and their customer service is exceptional.post #160 of 1637/25/12 at 9:57pmpost #161 of 1637/25/12 at 10:03pm
No worries. Absolutely - they're an authorised B&W seller. B&W's official distributor, Convoy, here in Oz confirmed to me that they'd carry out any warranty repairs on products bought from Custom Cable. I bought my C5s and P3s from CC.post #162 of 1637/26/12 at 4:40ampost #163 of 1638/13/12 at 8:44pmQuote:
I think the 'soundstage' improvement is just improved 'air' due to it being slightly more 'open' as they don't isolate much at all.
- NEW! B&W p3 headphones in white or black
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 3 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 36 seconds ago
- › IC: FitEar Parterre w/ 000 Cable 1 minute ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › 1989 VS 2017............M.............E!! 5 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 5 minutes ago
- › Android: Neutron Music Player 6 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...