Still curious about what you guys think of these with the pads off. :ears
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Last post on 6/6/15 at 11:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- B&W P3 - can the sound be "fixed"? Last post on 11/29/14 at 10:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones straight out of an iPod? Last post on 8/7/12 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Supra-aural for mostly Electronic/EDM Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
NEW! B&W p3 headphones in white or black - Page 11post #151 of 1637/1/12 at 10:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 1637/1/12 at 11:14amThread Starterpost #153 of 1637/1/12 at 11:49amQuote:
A hell of a lot brighter and shrill sounding. Less weight (and bass) in the sound as well. I think it's horrible
And it hurts! Thanks Tyll ;)post #154 of 1637/1/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
I would do that, I just need to get my hands on a pairpost #155 of 1637/9/12 at 3:30pm
They sound more neutral, but due to the lack of the resonator the bass almost completely goes away unless you press them down onto your ears a bit. The P5 sound awesome and I find them quite revealing.
Here are a few charts Tyll has up for the P5 and some for the P3:
P5 test 1:
P5 test 2:
Judging by the almost +15dB rise near 110 Hz as well as almost +10dB near 90 Hz it is a wonder we can hear the treble at all. Perhaps the treble is extremely headphone position sensitive. Both sets deliver a very comfortable headphone with some excellent design choices.post #156 of 1637/25/12 at 8:21pmpost #157 of 1637/25/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Nothing I've come across here in Oz unfortunately. I imported mine from Custom Cable in the UK: http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/bowers-and-wilkins-p3-headphones.htmlpost #158 of 1637/25/12 at 9:40pmpost #159 of 1637/25/12 at 9:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by pixil8
Thanks alchemical do you know how much they weigh for shipping purposes?
I chose the 'International Signed For' option, which cost £28.99, but because it's shipping outside the EU you can get the VAT tax deducted by adding VATFREE into the coupon code field at the checkout, which pretty much negates the shipping price. Ordered a few things from Custom Cable before - they're a great company and their customer service is exceptional.post #160 of 1637/25/12 at 9:57pmpost #161 of 1637/25/12 at 10:03pm
No worries. Absolutely - they're an authorised B&W seller. B&W's official distributor, Convoy, here in Oz confirmed to me that they'd carry out any warranty repairs on products bought from Custom Cable. I bought my C5s and P3s from CC.post #162 of 1637/26/12 at 4:40ampost #163 of 1638/13/12 at 8:44pmQuote:
I think the 'soundstage' improvement is just improved 'air' due to it being slightly more 'open' as they don't isolate much at all.
- NEW! B&W p3 headphones in white or black
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 2 seconds ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1, CL1 Ceramic & CL750 Review Tour 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear