Still curious about what you guys think of these with the pads off. :ears
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Last post on 6/28/14 at 10:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- B&W P3 - can the sound be "fixed"? Last post on 11/29/14 at 10:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones straight out of an iPod? Last post on 8/7/12 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Supra-aural for mostly Electronic/EDM Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
NEW! B&W p3 headphones in white or black - Page 11post #151 of 1637/1/12 at 10:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 1637/1/12 at 11:14amThread Starterpost #153 of 1637/1/12 at 11:49amQuote:
A hell of a lot brighter and shrill sounding. Less weight (and bass) in the sound as well. I think it's horrible
And it hurts! Thanks Tyll ;)post #154 of 1637/1/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
I would do that, I just need to get my hands on a pairpost #155 of 1637/9/12 at 3:30pm
They sound more neutral, but due to the lack of the resonator the bass almost completely goes away unless you press them down onto your ears a bit. The P5 sound awesome and I find them quite revealing.
Here are a few charts Tyll has up for the P5 and some for the P3:
P5 test 1:
P5 test 2:
Judging by the almost +15dB rise near 110 Hz as well as almost +10dB near 90 Hz it is a wonder we can hear the treble at all. Perhaps the treble is extremely headphone position sensitive. Both sets deliver a very comfortable headphone with some excellent design choices.post #156 of 1637/25/12 at 8:21pmpost #157 of 1637/25/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Nothing I've come across here in Oz unfortunately. I imported mine from Custom Cable in the UK: http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/bowers-and-wilkins-p3-headphones.htmlpost #158 of 1637/25/12 at 9:40pmpost #159 of 1637/25/12 at 9:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by pixil8
Thanks alchemical do you know how much they weigh for shipping purposes?
I chose the 'International Signed For' option, which cost £28.99, but because it's shipping outside the EU you can get the VAT tax deducted by adding VATFREE into the coupon code field at the checkout, which pretty much negates the shipping price. Ordered a few things from Custom Cable before - they're a great company and their customer service is exceptional.post #160 of 1637/25/12 at 9:57pmpost #161 of 1637/25/12 at 10:03pm
No worries. Absolutely - they're an authorised B&W seller. B&W's official distributor, Convoy, here in Oz confirmed to me that they'd carry out any warranty repairs on products bought from Custom Cable. I bought my C5s and P3s from CC.post #162 of 1637/26/12 at 4:40ampost #163 of 1638/13/12 at 8:44pmQuote:
I think the 'soundstage' improvement is just improved 'air' due to it being slightly more 'open' as they don't isolate much at all.
- NEW! B&W p3 headphones in white or black
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Looking for a solid can (£150+) just now
- › Best headphones for a certain type of music 2 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 29 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Do I need an AMP (Fiio X1, Marshall Monitors, E11k) 4 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3