Still curious about what you guys think of these with the pads off. :ears
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Last post on 6/28/14 at 10:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- B&W P3 - can the sound be "fixed"? Last post on 11/29/14 at 10:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones straight out of an iPod? Last post on 8/7/12 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Supra-aural for mostly Electronic/EDM Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
NEW! B&W p3 headphones in white or black - Page 11post #151 of 1637/1/12 at 10:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 1637/1/12 at 11:14amThread Starterpost #153 of 1637/1/12 at 11:49amQuote:
A hell of a lot brighter and shrill sounding. Less weight (and bass) in the sound as well. I think it's horrible
And it hurts! Thanks Tyll ;)post #154 of 1637/1/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
I would do that, I just need to get my hands on a pairpost #155 of 1637/9/12 at 3:30pm
They sound more neutral, but due to the lack of the resonator the bass almost completely goes away unless you press them down onto your ears a bit. The P5 sound awesome and I find them quite revealing.
Here are a few charts Tyll has up for the P5 and some for the P3:
P5 test 1:
P5 test 2:
Judging by the almost +15dB rise near 110 Hz as well as almost +10dB near 90 Hz it is a wonder we can hear the treble at all. Perhaps the treble is extremely headphone position sensitive. Both sets deliver a very comfortable headphone with some excellent design choices.post #156 of 1637/25/12 at 8:21pmpost #157 of 1637/25/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Nothing I've come across here in Oz unfortunately. I imported mine from Custom Cable in the UK: http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/bowers-and-wilkins-p3-headphones.htmlpost #158 of 1637/25/12 at 9:40pmpost #159 of 1637/25/12 at 9:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by pixil8
Thanks alchemical do you know how much they weigh for shipping purposes?
I chose the 'International Signed For' option, which cost £28.99, but because it's shipping outside the EU you can get the VAT tax deducted by adding VATFREE into the coupon code field at the checkout, which pretty much negates the shipping price. Ordered a few things from Custom Cable before - they're a great company and their customer service is exceptional.post #160 of 1637/25/12 at 9:57pmpost #161 of 1637/25/12 at 10:03pm
No worries. Absolutely - they're an authorised B&W seller. B&W's official distributor, Convoy, here in Oz confirmed to me that they'd carry out any warranty repairs on products bought from Custom Cable. I bought my C5s and P3s from CC.post #162 of 1637/26/12 at 4:40ampost #163 of 1638/13/12 at 8:44pmQuote:
I think the 'soundstage' improvement is just improved 'air' due to it being slightly more 'open' as they don't isolate much at all.
- NEW! B&W p3 headphones in white or black
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 30 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 41 seconds ago
- › She is Called Esther ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 3 minutes ago
- › Unable to change email address in My Info 4 minutes ago
- › How should I drive my new K712 Pro? (budget) 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3