I would like to start this thread out of sympathy with uncomfortable, but allegedly better sounding, volume controllers, in ss designs.
What I know of, is:
- Burson HA 160 (stepped)
- PS Audio GCHA (gain cell, discontinued)
- Headroom Max (stepped, discontinued)
- Sheer Audio HA-006++
- GS-1 (optional stepped) and GSX (stepped) of headamp.com
- custom amp by qeslabs.com (stepped)
- Goldpoint (stepped)
- Corda (stepped)
- Apache (stepped)
- TTVJ Slim Portable (stepped)
I have a vision of reviewing the less expensive ones in comparison in my analog system.
Edited by zyss - 5/3/12 at 2:36pm