Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA Series Review and Comparison (XBA-1, 2, 3, 4)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony XBA Series Review and Comparison (XBA-1, 2, 3, 4) - Page 5

post #61 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post

     this is the ue 600 with comply tips .





this one with ue silicone ear tips . you can see the difference .

Yes, I can...

The silicone tips look much worse.

Thanks for posting those.

Jim
post #62 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post


Yes, I can...
The silicone tips look much worse.
Thanks for posting those.
Jim

 

     jim its not like worse or anything , its just different . its like " chose what you like , there is no wrong answer " .

post #63 of 126

I've just got XBA-3 yesterday here in Mexico for similar money to $100 dlls +taxes @ 13 monthly payments. There was a 50% off offer; I was looking for the XBA-4 set but it only had 20% off.

 

I find trebles and midtones very well defined, maybe slightly piercing for my ears as I get tired after several songs. Bass is very good but not too heavy. I think it was a great deal for that money.

 

Hardly waiting to see how burn-in evolves sound...

post #64 of 126

Which of these earphones would you recommend for cowon s9 - IE8 or XBA 3 ?

 

Or any other suggestions for cowon s9?

post #65 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblemff View Post

Which of these earphones would you recommend for cowon s9 - IE8 or XBA 3 ?

 

Or any other suggestions for cowon s9?

 

         have you gone thorough head fi buyers guide ? i am a proud owner of the xba-3s , and am proud enough to say that if your getting it at a reasonable price of $200-$220 , its a good bang for bucks , but the bass may not be like the ie8 , ie8 for xba-3 is a bass monster .

post #66 of 126
I recently bought a pair of XBA-1ip, and although they sound good, I've also recently got a pair of V-Moda M80s and I am now finding the XBA-1ip to sound thin in comparison. I'm not an expert at analysing sound signatures, but I suspect what I'm looking for is an increase in mid bass / upper bass / lower mids - would that be a fair assessment? If so, would the XBA-3ip be worth a look? From the charts at the start of the thread, it appears that may be the case...

So, should I be looking at a pair of the XBA-3ip? I realise I probably won't get exactly the same sound as the M80s, but that's ok - as long as I can get what I would describe as a warmer or thicker sound. Hope that makes sense!

Regards,

Dave.
post #67 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldave View Post

I recently bought a pair of XBA-1ip, and although they sound good, I've also recently got a pair of V-Moda M80s and I am now finding the XBA-1ip to sound thin in comparison. I'm not an expert at analysing sound signatures, but I suspect what I'm looking for is an increase in mid bass / upper bass / lower mids - would that be a fair assessment? If so, would the XBA-3ip be worth a look? From the charts at the start of the thread, it appears that may be the case...
So, should I be looking at a pair of the XBA-3ip? I realise I probably won't get exactly the same sound as the M80s, but that's ok - as long as I can get what I would describe as a warmer or thicker sound. Hope that makes sense!
Regards,
Dave.

 

         yup, xba-3 had more bass and notes are thicker , but wont blow the fish out of water , its commanding still lacks sound stage like ue 600 , xba-3 is like , nearly perfect bass , mids are entertaining , but the highs may crack once in a blue moon day . try it man , why are guys not trying , its free to try at a sony store , here its on display and any one can try these beauties .

post #68 of 126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldave View Post

I recently bought a pair of XBA-1ip, and although they sound good, I've also recently got a pair of V-Moda M80s and I am now finding the XBA-1ip to sound thin in comparison. I'm not an expert at analysing sound signatures, but I suspect what I'm looking for is an increase in mid bass / upper bass / lower mids - would that be a fair assessment? If so, would the XBA-3ip be worth a look? From the charts at the start of the thread, it appears that may be the case...
So, should I be looking at a pair of the XBA-3ip? I realise I probably won't get exactly the same sound as the M80s, but that's ok - as long as I can get what I would describe as a warmer or thicker sound. Hope that makes sense!
Regards,
Dave.

 

Dynamic IEMs might suit your taste better, Dave! If you insist on the XBA series, the XBA4 has the most bass and thickest sound out of the 4.

post #69 of 126
Idk how big the nozzle is, but do the Knowles filters work on here? Might be interesting if they do.

Sent from my ICS Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
post #70 of 126
Thanks for the replies to my question.

I'm not looking for ridiculous levels of bass, but I do want more than the XBA-1 has, so trying the models higher up the line seems like a good idea, what with their extra drivers. I quite like the rest of the sound of the XBA-1, so hopefully the 3 will do the job. I found some reasonably priced on Amazon uk, so I ordered a pair, hopefully they'll be here before the weekend...

Nikp, if it turns out that the 3 isn't what I'm looking for, I'll have a look for some dynamic IEMs instead. Fingers crossed on the XBA-3 though...

Dave.
post #71 of 126

Are the xba 2 good for 80 bucks? I want some good dynamic iem with plenty of bass, but these are on sale here in Mexico from 2000 MXN (like 160 dollars) to 999 MXN, so I am very tempted even though I have a pair of Brainwavz B2 (Dual Balance aswell).

post #72 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinquito View Post

Are the xba 2 good for 80 bucks? I want some good dynamic iem with plenty of bass, but these are on sale here in Mexico from 2000 MXN (like 160 dollars) to 999 MXN, so I am very tempted even though I have a pair of Brainwavz B2 (Dual Balance aswell).

 

       not dont think like that , xba 2 have bass , not plentiful , for a bass earphone i would suggest a ue 500/400 cuz the xba-2 missed the highs badly , just like the soundmagic e30 .

post #73 of 126

I was thinking getting the JVC FXD 80 for 100 bucks, but the sony are cheaper and I can buy them locally (for warranty purposes) and if I don't like them I could sell them and get the FXD 80 latter, the fact is that I have always wanted to try the xba 1 because they were cheap ($55) three months ago but I end up buying the B2, now that the xba 2 are $75 I think it's a good deal.

post #74 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinquito View Post

I was thinking getting the JVC FXD 80 for 100 bucks, but the sony are cheaper and I can buy them locally (for warranty purposes) and if I don't like them I could sell them and get the FXD 80 latter, the fact is that I have always wanted to try the xba 1 because they were cheap ($55) three months ago but I end up buying the B2, now that the xba 2 are $75 I think it's a good deal.

 

       it depends man , if you dont enjoy the b2 , if the b2 is a bit too much analytical or low on bass or highs are more prominent ( may be harsh for you ) then go for xba-2 and the price looks like a bargain , but for bass man why not a cc51 , why not ue400/500 , auditioned the whole xba line up except the xba-4 , cuz they were not available , i will say xba-2 has not much to talk about , in the process to up the bass they downed the mids a bit and highs had gone for vacations , and bass is not head shaker too , if this thing fits your bill , or if you want to have them any way for the price drop ( happens to me few times ) or for a experience ( happens to me always ) then go for it .

       but have to say again , the price seems like a huge bargain . for the price drop , you can have it as an entry level iem , dont expect from it to be like B2+more bass . coz the dba-3 are just born with mind blowing details . doesnt matter if you change the name and color .

      sadly cant say anything about fxd 80 . these are on top of the micro hd line up i think .

post #75 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post

 

       it depends man , if you dont enjoy the b2 , if the b2 is a bit too much analytical or low on bass or highs are more prominent ( may be harsh for you ) then go for xba-2 and the price looks like a bargain , but for bass man why not a cc51 , why not ue400/500 , auditioned the whole xba line up except the xba-4 , cuz they were not available , i will say xba-2 has not much to talk about , in the process to up the bass they downed the mids a bit and highs had gone for vacations , and bass is not head shaker too , if this thing fits your bill , or if you want to have them any way for the price drop ( happens to me few times ) or for a experience ( happens to me always ) then go for it .

       but have to say again , the price seems like a huge bargain . for the price drop , you can have it as an entry level iem , dont expect from it to be like B2+more bass . coz the dba-3 are just born with mind blowing details . doesnt matter if you change the name and color .

      sadly cant say anything about fxd 80 . these are on top of the micro hd line up i think .

It's funny because the XBA 4 are the only ones I have auditioned, they sounded very dynamic and punchy, at that time I have never heard any Balanced Armature but have read a lot about that kind of transducer and I was expecting something different, too bad that those are rather pricey (more or less like 280 dollars) and I wanted to try the xba 1 because they were cheap (50 dollars) but I end up buying the B2 and I love them, somethings I have fit issues (I didn't have any with the xba 4, I was using my own hybrid tips of course) I think I would buy the xba 2 just because they are dirt cheap and if I don´t like them I could sell them and buy the JVC, I have read a lot about the CC51 and the UE and I don't think that are any better that the Pannie HJE900 and FA eterna I used to own so I'm not too interested. Thanks for your response, I will write a quick comparison if I end up buying the xba 2.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA Series Review and Comparison (XBA-1, 2, 3, 4)