Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 (Dedicated DAC) - Review, FAQ & Info Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 (Dedicated DAC) - Review, FAQ & Info Thread - Page 6

post #76 of 115

Would this be a good upgrade from the ODAC? Also I can use the non-tube output right? So I won't have to worry about the tube burning out?

post #77 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by siles1991 View Post

Would this be a good upgrade from the ODAC? Also I can use the non-tube output right? So I won't have to worry about the tube burning out?
I'm still waiting for my d2 to be delivered so I can't compare directly, but I thought the odac sounded dry and brittle.
There are 2 outputs on the back panel, one for tube and other non-tube.
I wouldn't worry about the tube expiring, good NOS 5670 and equivalents are cheap.
post #78 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argybargy View Post


I'm still waiting for my d2 to be delivered so I can't compare directly, but I thought the odac sounded dry and brittle.
There are 2 outputs on the back panel, one for tube and other non-tube.
I wouldn't worry about the tube expiring, good NOS 5670 and equivalents are cheap.

 

alright do let me know when you get it, I really cant decide what to upgrade from the ODAC with my budget other than the Tubemagic D2

post #79 of 115

great,this was a major factor for me when I decided to buy.thank you

33.gif

post #80 of 115
I'm still burning in the D2, but compared to the odac (from memory as it has been sold) the d2 (tube out) has a better soundstage with more depth; it seems smoother and warmer, but the treble is nicely extended with a touch of sparkle.

The d2 is feeding a stax 717 to an o2 mk1.

I did change the cheapo power cord as suggested by dumpingground in the previous page. I plan to later add the bypass caps to the opamps and do a few other mods.
post #81 of 115

Wondering if this would be a good match for a vintage pioneer sx727 and an he4, anyone have any thoughts? Never heard the "tube sound", but have always been very interested. 

post #82 of 115

Getting this one tomorrow :P hope they ship it asap :3 

post #83 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini44 View Post
 

Getting this one tomorrow :P hope they ship it asap :3

Please let us know how you like it!:popcorn:

post #84 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADCAM View Post
 

Please let us know how you like it!:popcorn:

i gave it to my friend who got M-Stage amp and HD650, for me it was too warm :< not Neutral , yes the SS output RCA not the tube one, the Treble were smooth yet rolled of a bit, i was using Pico Power amp and UM Mentor CIEM with Silver Widow cable. 

 

still this DAC with M-Stage and HD650 is Magic, in the end it does depend on the setup XD

post #85 of 115

Check my signature below and see if you think this would be a good piece to add to my setup.

thanks

post #86 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADCAM View Post
 

Check my signature below and see if you think this would be a good piece to add to my setup.

thanks

Getting Schit Bifrost Uper with USB Gen 2. 

post #87 of 115

Due to my current cans being said to slightly emphasizing treble, ATH-AD900, Takstar HI2050, etc. maybe this is just what I need...

post #88 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADCAM View Post
 

Due to my current cans being said to slightly emphasizing treble, ATH-AD900, Takstar HI2050, etc. maybe this is just what I need...

I guess Concero HD isn't a bad option too :P 

post #89 of 115

Well I just ordered up a D2 with upgraded tube and op-amps! Looking forward to hearing this unit. Will post back after receiving it

 and letting it burn-in...

post #90 of 115

Any updates?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 (Dedicated DAC) - Review, FAQ & Info Thread