Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Call of Duty: Black Ops II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Page 5

post #61 of 225
I've always liked CoD's zombie mode best, but I didn't play them much because I'm not a fan of horde mode type games where the enemies infinitely spawn (yes it sounds like I'm contradicting myself, but it makes sense to me, lol). CoD's zombies with CoD style campaign would be AMAZING. I'm one of the few people who LOVES CoD's campaigns. People are quick to jump into the multiplayer. I never play multiplayer until I finish the campaign in the games. They're very high quality in production, set pieces, and action. If they do this with zombies at any point, they have a very interested buyer. smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/19/12 at 2:48am
post #62 of 225
Thread Starter 

Hey,

 

I liked MW3's campaign a lot but all CoD games have bad campaigns. I liked MW3's the most but it still was't that exceptional to me. It felt like a Michael Bay movie. Also they were far too linear. The one thing I loved about it is that Makarov gets what he deserves.

 

I liked Battlefield 3's campaign a lot more. It's still linear but seemed more interesting to me.

post #63 of 225
I love Michael Bay style campaigns. I disagree completely. CoD's campaigns are for more entertaining than any other FPS game I have ever played. MW3's campaign was alright. CoD4 and MW2's were better.
post #64 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post

Hey,

 

I liked MW3's campaign a lot but all CoD games have bad campaigns. I liked MW3's the most but it still was't that exceptional to me. It felt like a Michael Bay movie. Also they were far too linear. The one thing I loved about it is that Makarov gets what he deserves.

 

I liked Battlefield 3's campaign a lot more. It's still linear but seemed more interesting to me.

 

I'm surprised someone actually played the campaign to Battlefield 3 lol.  I played a few levels to get used to the controls and didn't even bother finishing it.

 

I can't stand CoD's campaign, minus Black Ops because I enjoyed the story.  MW2's campaign was a confusing mess and MW3 had a lot of elements re-used from MW2 & MW1.  Remember in "All Ghillied Up" when you crawled underneath the trucks?  Did the same thing in MW3, except no ghillie suits.  Remember when Ramirez looked at his bloody hands in MW2?  Same thing happened in MW3, except your hands weren't bloody.  MW3 was like my mom holding my hand while I cross the street and telling me to look both ways....over, and over, and over, and over again, add in the fact that I'm 21 lol

post #65 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by makwarne01 View Post

Call of Duty: Black Ops II is my favorite game i have only finished 2 rounds yet..i will finish all the rounds very soon..

LOLWHUT
post #66 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


LOLWHUT

 

His favorite game is one that isn't even out, yet.............I'll give him the benefit of the doubt & say he actually meant to type Black Ops 1 & not 2.

post #67 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post

Hey,

I liked MW3's campaign a lot but all CoD games have bad campaigns. I liked MW3's the most but it still was't that exceptional to me. It felt like a Michael Bay movie. Also they were far too linear. The one thing I loved about it is that Makarov gets what he deserves.

I liked Battlefield 3's campaign a lot more. It's still linear but seemed more interesting to me.

Yeah,

I've played through all the CoD campaigns so far (except CoD2,3, and big red one), all of them except the original CoD and BO felt like Michael Bay movies to me. Bay movies = thrills, but ultimately not that deep or memorable. So yeah, fun action games. I do like 'me for what they are. BO had the most interesting campaign for me, I thought the character focus and setting were quite cool, even if the graphics were a bit cartoon-y and overall not particularly polished. Though I had felt like Treyarch was an also-ran Dev before, I feel like they found some campaign chops with BO.

Battlefield 3 campaign was like a mix of CoD4 and BO, I liked the timeline and perspective jumping, and the scale of events was very large but they had some nice character moments that didn't get in the way of the game (finding Miller's dinosaur...). The scripted hand to hand combat moments were pretty cool too. However, the dialogue script was lame and the voice acting in the interrogation sequences was so forced. It's funny, I think, how the threat of a tactically placed nuke didn't seem to be presented as catastrophic as BO's nova gas, when really I think the nukes are more massive WMDs (Paris was nuked?!). IMO on par with CoD, but not wholly exceptional.

I liked all the Halo campaigns for different reasons, I preferred them in each generation to the CoD release, and a few I would actually call exceptional. I actually really enjoyed the storytelling free-detective method in ODST, with the clue-flashbacks advancing the story in whatever order you find them (though people who use the map extensively will probably see the events in chronological order), and the radio-side story that met up with the main plot (and tweaks the ending), I wish another game would use that technique of discovering the story. The fallen heroes of Reach plot could've been stronger (IMO Bungie was tired of the franchise), and I'm really interested to see what Bungie does next. Halo 4 looks like it'll have a Mass Effect 2 feel... Anybody else get that vibe?
post #68 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Why slow the game down and make it more open? Then have two series that are the same? Screw that.
CoD is at its best when its smaller, tighter, faster. There is a reason the smaller more action heavy maps are usually the most voted on. MW3 sucked mainly because the maps are so big and slow the pace of the action.
CoD is first and foremost and high adrelanine action title. Tactics and planning come second. If I wanted more of athinking man's game, that's why Battlefield exists. They are two different monsters within the same genre, and cater to different people. I for one wouldn't touch CoD if it became a BF clone.
Quake, Unreal, TF2 are a bit too fast paced for me.

I agree COD is more like an arcade game... this is what made it so popular in the first place. The smooth controls and high paced action were the two key aspects that made COD4 popular. COD does take a lot of intelligence though: it's the primary difference between a 1 KD player and a 3 KD one. Because it's so easy to kill people in COD, there has to be some sort of intelligence factor involved in the game, otherwise it would just all be a pointless gun fest where everyone plays at a similar level. 

 

The reason why people vote for smaller maps is because these are the nubs that want more action (kills). Nuketown is a good example. The only reason decent players ever like this map is to get a high SPM. I haven't met anyone decent who actually liked the design of it, other than from an aesthetic point of view. MW3/ BO had smaller maps but they were poorly implemented; the tight corners, lack of cover (well except MW3's numerous headglitching spots), dull aesthetics, significant vintage points, etc. All these contributed to slow gameplay which is ironic because you'd assume the smaller the map, the faster the gameplay. 

 

And this is what separates COD4 from the rest. COD4 had many medium sized maps that were intelligently designed, allowing good players to navigate the map efficiently if they had the intelligence to make use of it. Numerous flank routes, lack of noob-attracting vintage points, good number of cover while not being complete headglitching spots, etc. I used to play with an MLG player named LyaR... he had a 5 KD in COD4 and knew the map like the back of his hand. It took me a while to grasp the designs of the COD4 maps and by then, it was stuck at a 3.1 KD. Btw anyone know if COD4 is playable at the moment on PS3? I remember I got stuck at the menu. 

 

I'm not exactly sure what happened with the transition from MW1 to MW2, at least in terms of map designs. IW developers are just far too intelligent to make maps like Derail and Estate... but perhaps the newly implemented killstreak system was part of the reason. Newly added killstreaks warranted a bigger map design, so killstreaks wouldn't be totally overwhelming are would be easier to take down. 

 

Didn't realize there was a COD thread on Head-Fi. If anyone wants to add me, I'll be playing for two days (that's when I move into college dorm) on MW2. Not sure if I will play COD in college. Playing on a F grade connection sucks so playing on a university connection will be quite something else. I'm an alright player on PS3 so if you want to add, message me. My credentials: 

 

130k kills, 2.72 kdr, always first in reg TDM (until I downgraded my connection), 31 days played, use a variety of guns/ killstreaks, team player, 2000 accolades for highest kills and 1900 for highest KD. 

 

4k kills, 4.71 kdr, 12(?) hours played 

 

And I only play MW2. Sold BO because it was too boring and connection dependent. Never owned MW3 because I could tell it was a mess. We'll see about BO2... I won't judge until it comes out. But it's Treyarch: enuff said. 

post #69 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post

Hey,

 

I liked MW3's campaign a lot but all CoD games have bad campaigns. I liked MW3's the most but it still was't that exceptional to me. It felt like a Michael Bay movie. Also they were far too linear. The one thing I loved about it is that Makarov gets what he deserves.

 

I liked Battlefield 3's campaign a lot more. It's still linear but seemed more interesting to me.

I usually don't like any FPS campaigns, though I somewhat enjoyed COD4 and Halo's. 

post #70 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by makwarne01 View Post

Call of Duty: Black Ops II is my favorite game i have only finished 2 rounds yet..i will finish all the rounds very soon..
post #71 of 225

I really enjoyed Black Ops but was strangely disappointed by MW3 despite loving MW1 and 2. I love what I've seen so far of BOps2 though, looks like a real return to form - I personally like the slower and more open gameplay to the more arcadey style of MW3. And of course the best thing about the Treyarch games is the Zombie mode...

post #72 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygonn View Post



HaHAHAHAHAhahaha...





Hahaha!
post #73 of 225

I hope they actually change something about multiplayer...

 

It seems like mw1, 2, and 3 all had multiplayer that was basically the same.  Black ops was really similar too, except I really liked gun game... they need to add some new stuff, maybe new gamemodes or something.

post #74 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by milligan View Post

I hope they actually change something about multiplayer...

 

It seems like mw1, 2, and 3 all had multiplayer that was basically the same.  Black ops was really similar too, except I really liked gun game... they need to add some new stuff, maybe new gamemodes or something.

They are pumping out a game atleast every year. Its basically going to be like madden.( which I hate lol) They will just make small changes but keep the basics/ frame of the game the same... meow

post #75 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCxSmacker View Post

They are pumping out a game atleast every year. Its basically going to be like madden.( which I hate lol) They will just make small changes but keep the basics/ frame of the game the same... meow

There is a CoD game every year for a while now... but the studios alternate years of release, each studio works on their game for about 2 years. I think the main push to keep the gameplay largely "familiar" is because of the perception of "that's what the fans want," and if they keep making money like they have, then they don't want to risk a flop. Black Ops was the most unique since CoD4 reinvented the franchise, but even that was mostly skin deep (except zombie mode). I do love my CoD games, but from a business standpoint there will come a day when some other novel idea takes the spotlight away from CoD. This isn't a slam on CoD, just an observation.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Call of Duty: Black Ops II