Very excited...ordered from B&H photo online and just arrived this morning! Only had it hooked up to the HD800's for about 30 minutes so far but i'm already thrilled! review to shortly follow. What an amazing unit this far.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/2/12
- productGrace Design m903 reference headphone amplifier / DACtagged by System, 6/2/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best amp DAC for hd800 Last post on 10/31/12 at 6:10am in Dedicated Source Components
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which of these is a Grace Design m903 a goof match for? Last post on 2/16/13 at 6:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The proportion of volume level --> PC - DAC - AMP - Headphone Last post on 7/11/12 at 9:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
I have been using Samson SR940 for a week now so this review will not be too detailed. It was a blind purchase as there are no helpful reviews available. I bought two headphones; Beyer DT880 pro...
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
Just received my Grace m903 Unit!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 125/1/12 at 2:31pm
If you use Foobar2000 with the unit be sure to switch the software to 24-bit mode. The noise floor will be lower and I found better overall performance there. If you run Windows XP there is a special driver to download to get bit rates over 44.1kbps. With Windows 7 and a true USB 2 port it supports up to 96kbps without any tweaking.post #3 of 125/1/12 at 2:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by NA Blur
If you use Foobar2000 with the unit be sure to switch the software to 24-bit mode. The noise floor will be lower and I found better overall performance there. If you run Windows XP there is a special driver to download to get bit rates over 44.1kbps. With Windows 7 and a true USB 2 port it supports up to 96kbps without any tweaking.
Yes, with a Mac it will go all the way up to 192kHz - on a PC you need a special driver (downloadable from the Grace website) to go to 192kHz.
Though, personally, I only go to 24/96.post #4 of 125/2/12 at 1:13pm
Congratulations on this superb dac!
Have any of you tried the crossfeed function yet? I did yesterday, with my Sennheiser HD25, and didn't hear much of a difference to be honest. Bass did increase somewhat, as expected, but spaciousness did not. I was just trying it out to see what crossfeed would sound like. With my Stax SR-007 I cannot use it (external amp required), but now that I tried it with a dynamic pair of headphones I don't feel like missing out.Quote:
On my machine (XP) this isn't necessary. Foobar says 'output data format will be chosen automatically for the selected device' when using ASIO and the TUSBAudio driver.post #5 of 125/2/12 at 4:36pm
The crossfeed function is very subtle which is a plus for me. Some of the headroom crossfeed implementations are over powing and introduce a sense of noise and calamity rather than a subtle expanse in the soundstage.
I did a test between the Ultra Desktop Crossfeed and m903 and the m903 was the only one I could tolerate, but I leave it off.post #6 of 125/5/12 at 3:15pm
Congrats, I've had this unit for about 6 months now and use is with T1, I'd like to try the HD800 at some point. Although most of my listening is now with my Neumann monitors.post #7 of 125/8/12 at 7:56amQuote:
The m903 does work well with the HD 800.
It should also work well as a controller for the Neumann HK120 as well - it certainly worked well with my K+H O100D (the forerunner of the KH120) and now with my new Geithain RL906post #8 of 125/18/12 at 1:50amQuote:
OK - you have had it a few weeks now. How are you liking it?post #9 of 126/1/12 at 6:31ampost #10 of 126/1/12 at 8:19ampost #11 of 126/1/12 at 8:21am
It's not on-line.
You can read the magazine on-line for about £1.90, or send me a PM with an e-mail address and I'll send the scan to you - unfortunately I can't add an attachment to a PM.
Edited by John Willett - 6/1/12 at 8:23ampost #12 of 127/17/12 at 11:07amCrossquote:Originally Posted by CDWMcInSpots
I started a separate thread on the Norwegian forum Hifisentralen for "Grace Design m903" on 17 January 2011. It is now part of the forum's new headphone section. I think we've collected most of what we've written regarding Grace Design m903 in the thread even when first published somewhere else, although it steadily keeps being mentioned in replies in other threads as well.
The early adopters have had Grace Design m903 since 3 March 2011 when the first batch arrived in Norway.
Several owners have posted listening and other impressions, user tips etc. using different headphones and also as a DAC. We consider it very good.
We write in Norwegian, but we quote text and link to web pages in other languages. Norwegian is also readable for those that read Danish (very similar) or Swedish. The rest will (probably) have to use Google Translate or something similar. If you visit, feel free to write a reply in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English.
Edited by CDWMcInSpots - 7/18/12 at 6:54am
- Just received my Grace m903 Unit!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Looking for new headphones under $80 24 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 48 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 52 seconds ago
- › Is Schiit Magni (amp) good enough for akg k70. Please HELP 1 minute ago
- › 115 SNR 7.1 with 600 ohm stereo with Asrock's new motherboards 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › what amp can save my PRaTless DT880? 3 minutes ago
- › DA&T AC Filter Impression 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 5 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital