Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › My Little Pony Discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Little Pony Discussion thread - Page 32

post #466 of 656
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant00 View Post

Well, just saw Equestria Girls, and I was very pleasantly surprised, it was quite good and a lot of fun. There were a bunch of fun references and fan callouts, and some excellent music as usual.

Definitely better than I was anticipating.

Oh, and if you see it definitely watch through the credits.

Maybe if it comes out in the Netherlands I might watch it together with a couple friends in that case.
post #467 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundPon3 View Post

I've heard all sorts about the credits but they're not showing it in Australia..... Or something.

Who needs magical horses when you have deadly insects?

post #468 of 656

In white text even though it's not a spoiler or anything (about the credits): about halfway through the credits they have humanized Derpy dancing with a muffin.

post #469 of 656
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant00 View Post

In white text even though it's not a spoiler or anything (about the credits): about halfway through the credits they have humanized Derpy dancing with a muffin.

You know this forum supports spoiler tags, do you?
post #470 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


You know this forum supports spoiler tags, do you?

 

I believe I've just successfully demonstrated that I wasn't aware of that :)

 

Good to know though.

post #471 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post

Who needs magical horses when you have deadly insects?

And snakes and drop bears.....

And suicidal kangaroos that throw themselves in front of cars...

It's happened to me twice

post #472 of 656

i like applejack!!!

post #473 of 656
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanaudio View Post

i like applejack!!!

I personally prefer calvados over applejack.
post #474 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundPon3 View Post

And snakes and drop bears.....

And suicidal kangaroos that throw themselves in front of cars...

It's happened to me twice

People tend to get used to these things. Nowadays I just kill intruding red backs with a slipper.

 

 

 

Going to see Equestrian Girls on the Internet this weekend...

post #475 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post

People tend to get used to these things. Nowadays I just kill intruding red backs with a slipper.

 

 

 

Going to see Equestrian Girls on the Internet this weekend...

Some guy recorded it in 1080p at the cinema. Apparently he hid a camera in a drink can, so it's on youtube now... But that's just one video floating around

post #476 of 656

Ok... Saw it last night

It was truly amazing.

I actually like the characterization a bit more because each character was a bit more mature 

I dunno, I though it was great

post #477 of 656

Does anyone remember the cute little pony homes they used to sell? I don't remember if they came with a pony or not,but mine was in the shape of a perfume bottle and when you squeezed the top it smelled really good.
 

post #478 of 656
*sigh*

I don't understand the praise for the movie. Maybe it's just because some people responded so negatively at first and now other people feel bad for the creators, I don't know....

It wasn't horrible, it could have been worse. But there isn't a lot great to say about it. They basically copy/pasted these otherwise amazing characters into a human world, pandered to fans of the show with references, forced a cliché high school setting/romance, and tied it all together with a plot that barely works. It was just boring. Nothing fricken happened. The one interesting conflict (the Shop'd photograph) was resolved in literally less than a minute by, of COURSE, the unnecessary love interest Brad (he will always be Brad to me). Even the music, which is usually the show's saving grace, was bland and uninvolving outside of the Cafeteria Song which no one seems to remember (or care about) the real name of because they didn't add anything to the story like they do in the real show. The entire movie, you can just see the items getting checked off of Hasbro's list, which I will at this time refrain from compiling. Real unfortunate....

Like I said, it could have been worse. And I guess there are some things for fans to like and appreciate. But for anyone who doesn't already know these people and why the original show is so amazing, it's just a typical high school movie with a magical twist.

Go collect your money, Hasbro. You earned it.
post #479 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by moseboy View Post

*sigh*

I don't understand the praise for the movie. Maybe it's just because some people responded so negatively at first and now other people feel bad for the creators, I don't know....

It wasn't horrible, it could have been worse. But there isn't a lot great to say about it. They basically copy/pasted these otherwise amazing characters into a human world, pandered to fans of the show with references, forced a cliché high school setting/romance, and tied it all together with a plot that barely works. It was just boring. Nothing fricken happened. The one interesting conflict (the Shop'd photograph) was resolved in literally less than a minute by, of COURSE, the unnecessary love interest Brad (he will always be Brad to me). Even the music, which is usually the show's saving grace, was bland and uninvolving outside of the Cafeteria Song which no one seems to remember (or care about) the real name of because they didn't add anything to the story like they do in the real show. The entire movie, you can just see the items getting checked off of Hasbro's list, which I will at this time refrain from compiling. Real unfortunate....

Like I said, it could have been worse. And I guess there are some things for fans to like and appreciate. But for anyone who doesn't already know these people and why the original show is so amazing, it's just a typical high school movie with a magical twist.

Go collect your money, Hasbro. You earned it.

Alright... It wasn't perfect.

The animation wasn't as good as usual eg. the pony's heads at the start when they were walking and some of the facial animations

Also, the characters and story etc wasn't 100% (The high school drama stuff and how they copied the characters from equestria like a parallel universe sort of thing but yeah)

So it wasn't perfect but I still enjoyed it quite a lot

post #480 of 656

 

Some humour for my fellow horse brethren 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › My Little Pony Discussion thread