Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › My Little Pony Discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Little Pony Discussion thread - Page 27

post #391 of 652

I tried watching the ending credits with CC......

 

It's so funny biggrin.gif

I know their correct and legit but for a little girls show..... um.... yeah

post #392 of 652
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by moseboy View Post

I'm pretty impressed with the Japanese dub. Some voices threw me off (particularly AJ's), but most of the voices were really good, including Spike's.

In terms of the whole experience of watching an entire episode dubbed in Japanese.... First of all, the opening and closing themes don't do much for me. I'm sorry, I'm just not a fan.... The only other thing would be the English subs, at least from the source I watched it from, had a weird script... I personally would have been more happy with subtitles of the original English script with the Japanese audio. That would be great.... But it's not bad the way it is.

Yeah some voices didn't fit that well, but getting used to it is a big part too.
Would have been good if Applejack would be speaking in a rural dialect like Fukui.

I watched it without subs, that also helps slightly. If you watch it without subs you focus more on the voicing (duh!).
post #393 of 652
Aahhh, I can't wait till we hit a certain song in episode 2. I wonder if they'll completely rewrite the songs and if the seiyuu will probably get to sing.
 
Also, I wish that a fansub group would pick this series up. :P
post #394 of 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post

Aahhh, I can't wait till we hit a certain song in episode 2. I wonder if they'll completely rewrite the songs and if the seiyuu will probably get to sing.
 
Also, I wish that a fansub group would pick this series up. :P

Already happened. I know because I watched a fan sub.

And yes, I can't wait to hear how they do the songs
post #395 of 652

Oh mah gash, oh mah gash.  Two of my passions in one= WIN.  I am 21 and I have been a brony for a little over a year because of a friend(who also makes brony music under the name Mogul Dash).  I am so so soooo happy to have found this.  Time to change my avatar =).  I am the proud owner of some AKG Q701 and DT880 pro's which I use for producing and many others headphones, check out my list.  Always loved headphones and speakers.  I used to make speaker boxes but I don't really have the time to do so anymore.

 

Anyways, once again I am grateful for finding this thread.  There is some good discussion here too.  I look forward to being active here.

 

Also, I produce pony music too.  I just started a little under a year ago.  If you wanna check out my stuff heres a link.  Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jastrian?feature=mhee

If you notice my cutie mark on my oc is a speaker hehe

 

Defiant00.  Is it possible to make me an avatar?  I wanted twilight but you already have that.  Maybe Octavia with Q701's(without green cable though).


Edited by jaja - 4/5/13 at 3:39pm
post #396 of 652

Is that the one on YouTube or is there another one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post


Already happened. I know because I watched a fan sub.
 

Edited by namaiki - 4/5/13 at 5:37pm
post #397 of 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja View Post

Oh mah gash, oh mah gash.  Two of my passions in one= WIN.  I am 21 and I have been a brony for a little over a year because of a friend(who also makes brony music under the name Mogul Dash).  I am so so soooo happy to have found this.  Time to change my avatar =).  I am the proud owner of some AKG Q701 and DT880 pro's which I use for producing and many others headphones, check out my list.  Always loved headphones and speakers.  I used to make speaker boxes but I don't really have the time to do so anymore.

 

Anyways, once again I am grateful for finding this thread.  There is some good discussion here too.  I look forward to being active here.

 

Also, I produce pony music too.  I just started a little under a year ago.  If you wanna check out my stuff heres a link.  Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jastrian?feature=mhee

If you notice my cutie mark on my oc is a speaker hehe

 

Defiant00.  Is it possible to make me an avatar?  I wanted twilight but you already have that.  Maybe Octavia with Q701's(without green cable though).

Hey, You stole mah cutie mark biggrin.gif

post #398 of 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post

Is that the one on YouTube or is there another one?

 

I found it on Dailymotion. I'm sure you can find it elsewhere though. 

post #399 of 652
I think that snowdrop did a better job of feeling like an actual episode than double rainboom did. Double rainboom was fun, but it felt much more like a fan work not just in animation department but in the story department as well.
post #400 of 652

My problem with Double Rainboom was that... it initially uses so much from the official show: the characters and their personalities, the setting, the style, all of that feeling authentic and true to the show.... and then they do something that has almost no chance of ever becoming canon....

 

I mean, had they used their own original characters and then done the same story? In my eyes, no problem. Because then they're immediately telling you "this isn't directly related to the show." But in the time leading up to when it aired and even through the first half of the episode, it still had that feeling that it could actually be considered an episode of the actual show, just fan-made with a few extra quirks thrown in.... And then the second half of the episode happens....

 

This is being over-dramatic, but I felt kind of betrayed.... I was expecting an experience where I would be "close to forgetting" that it was a fan-made episode. Which it almost did for a little while in the beginning. But then it blatantly threw slapstick humor and Internet memes in my face, which would have probably been entertaining to me if I wasn't so mad about what I just saw happen.... It's like, try to be official... or don't. One side or the other. And they ended up right in the middle.... Just frustrating....

post #401 of 652

Am I the only one who thinks it would be really cool if spike were to sing in season 4?

post #402 of 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrre View Post

Am I the only one who thinks it would be really cool if spike were to sing in season 4?

Spike sing in another song?... I mean I'm never against a song in MLP, but Spike?... Don't get me wrong, Cathy did a fantastic job making him sing in Season 3 while still making him sound like a boy, but I guess I'm just not dying to hear it again.
post #403 of 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by moseboy View Post


Spike sing in another song?... I mean I'm never against a song in MLP, but Spike?... Don't get me wrong, Cathy did a fantastic job making him sing in Season 3 while still making him sound like a boy, but I guess I'm just not dying to hear it again.

Hmm. I guess I just like spike a lot. He doesn't really need something big, just a little ditty like Pinkie Pie gets every once in a while. I'll be choked if Nicole Oliver doesn't get another song, though.


Edited by zephyrre - 4/8/13 at 5:52pm
post #404 of 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrre View Post

Hmm. I guess I just like spike a lot. He doesn't really need something big, just a little ditty like Pinkie Pie gets every once in a while. I'll be choked if Nicole Oliver doesn't get another song, though.

Omg, me too... Celestia's Ballad is so amazing... I bawled my eyes out when I saw it. Just fantastic....

Hmm, a Spike fan, eh? I wonder, what's your opinion of Season 3?
post #405 of 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by moseboy View Post


Omg, me too... Celestia's Ballad is so amazing... I bawled my eyes out when I saw it. Just fantastic....

Hmm, a Spike fan, eh? I wonder, what's your opinion of Season 3?

Season 3 Spike just seemed a little... off. In "Spike at Your Service" it was really weird that he suddenly became inept after years of competence and the whole dragon code thing also sort of clashed after he turned his back on being like other dragons in "Dragon Quest". As for "Just for Sidekicks" I felt like we had been through the whole greed thing before plus he barely even learned anything. He could have at least written a letter to Celestia. Or maybe someone could have. But like I've had to say a few times now: keep calm and trust the writers.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › My Little Pony Discussion thread