- 3,149 Posts. Joined 11/2001
- Location: Greensboro, NC
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/26/10
- brandStaxtagged by System, 7/26/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 7/26/10
- productStax SR-404 Limited Edition electrostatic earspeakertagged by System, 7/26/10
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 7/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- So who's bit the bullet on a pair of Stax 507's? Last post on 9/18/10 at 4:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- New headphone Purchase & authorize dealer Pricing ? Last post on 7/26/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone girls, interesting Last post on 8/19/11 at 10:49pm in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
- Questions about Stax Last post on 2/17/11 at 12:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Stax??post #1 of 131/14/02 at 3:20amThread StarterOkay...so, which ones are the best...and which are not so good? can somoeone here make a list of best to worst?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 131/14/02 at 3:26ampost #3 of 131/14/02 at 7:25amThe 404 is the next down and it's very good.
In fact all the phones are good it's the amplifiers that are the key
things with them.
There are a lot of differing views about that,there are a few
diy plans out there for stax amps I think Kevin Gilmore,s are highly
rated, I would not mind having a go at one of those myself,
They can be seen at Headwize+various views on the stax amps in general.
Team Staxpost #4 of 137/25/10 at 2:59pmpost #5 of 137/25/10 at 3:52pmQuote:
Stax Monitor? The SRM-Monitor is an amp.
Anyway add the sigmas and lambda signatures to your list of vintage stax, sr-202 to the current batch.post #6 of 137/25/10 at 4:07pmQuote:
I'm assuming he means the 4070. And wow huge necro.
Would the SR-X Pros belong in this list?post #7 of 137/25/10 at 6:55pmpost #8 of 137/26/10 at 10:35ampost #9 of 137/26/10 at 1:27pmpost #10 of 137/27/10 at 2:45pmpost #11 of 137/27/10 at 5:19pmpost #12 of 137/28/10 at 1:56am
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2824 Active Users (424 Members and 2400 Guests)
- › Compliment to LCD2.2 Bamboo - Recording studio Not expensive... 10 seconds ago
- › Amp for DT 770 80ohm 2 minutes ago
- › Amp/Dac connected to Amp 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 5 minutes ago
- › GAS "Great American Sound" Son of Ampzilla (80w/channel power amp) 5 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 7 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 8 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3