- 3,048 Posts. Joined 11/2001
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/26/10
- brandStaxtagged by System, 7/26/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 7/26/10
- productStax SR-404 Limited Edition electrostatic earspeakertagged by System, 7/26/10
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 7/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- So who's bit the bullet on a pair of Stax 507's? Last post on 9/18/10 at 4:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New headphone Purchase & authorize dealer Pricing ? Last post on 7/26/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone girls, interesting Last post on 8/19/11 at 10:49pm in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
- Questions about Stax Last post on 2/17/11 at 12:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
Stax??post #1 of 131/14/02 at 3:20amThread StarterOkay...so, which ones are the best...and which are not so good? can somoeone here make a list of best to worst?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 131/14/02 at 3:26ampost #3 of 131/14/02 at 7:25amThe 404 is the next down and it's very good.
In fact all the phones are good it's the amplifiers that are the key
things with them.
There are a lot of differing views about that,there are a few
diy plans out there for stax amps I think Kevin Gilmore,s are highly
rated, I would not mind having a go at one of those myself,
They can be seen at Headwize+various views on the stax amps in general.
Team Staxpost #4 of 137/25/10 at 2:59pmpost #5 of 137/25/10 at 3:52pmQuote:
Stax Monitor? The SRM-Monitor is an amp.
Anyway add the sigmas and lambda signatures to your list of vintage stax, sr-202 to the current batch.post #6 of 137/25/10 at 4:07pmQuote:
I'm assuming he means the 4070. And wow huge necro.
Would the SR-X Pros belong in this list?post #7 of 137/25/10 at 6:55pmpost #8 of 137/26/10 at 10:35ampost #9 of 137/26/10 at 1:27pmpost #10 of 137/27/10 at 2:45pmpost #11 of 137/27/10 at 5:19pmpost #12 of 137/28/10 at 1:56am
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2978 Active Users (655 Members and 2323 Guests)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 33 seconds ago
- › RCA 6SN7GT Smoked Glass 46 seconds ago
- › Best keyboards for gaming! 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › high end iems not as "high end" as I thought? 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Reply to some bugs of X3’s new firmware and new function... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)