- 3,090 Posts. Joined 11/2001
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/26/10
- brandStaxtagged by System, 7/26/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 7/26/10
- productStax SR-404 Limited Edition electrostatic earspeakertagged by System, 7/26/10
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 7/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- So who's bit the bullet on a pair of Stax 507's? Last post on 9/18/10 at 4:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New headphone Purchase & authorize dealer Pricing ? Last post on 7/26/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone girls, interesting Last post on 8/19/11 at 10:49pm in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
- Questions about Stax Last post on 2/17/11 at 12:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Stax??post #1 of 131/14/02 at 3:20amThread StarterOkay...so, which ones are the best...and which are not so good? can somoeone here make a list of best to worst?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 131/14/02 at 3:26ampost #3 of 131/14/02 at 7:25amThe 404 is the next down and it's very good.
In fact all the phones are good it's the amplifiers that are the key
things with them.
There are a lot of differing views about that,there are a few
diy plans out there for stax amps I think Kevin Gilmore,s are highly
rated, I would not mind having a go at one of those myself,
They can be seen at Headwize+various views on the stax amps in general.
Team Staxpost #4 of 137/25/10 at 2:59pmpost #5 of 137/25/10 at 3:52pmQuote:
Stax Monitor? The SRM-Monitor is an amp.
Anyway add the sigmas and lambda signatures to your list of vintage stax, sr-202 to the current batch.post #6 of 137/25/10 at 4:07pmQuote:
I'm assuming he means the 4070. And wow huge necro.
Would the SR-X Pros belong in this list?post #7 of 137/25/10 at 6:55pmpost #8 of 137/26/10 at 10:35ampost #9 of 137/26/10 at 1:27pmpost #10 of 137/27/10 at 2:45pmpost #11 of 137/27/10 at 5:19pmpost #12 of 137/28/10 at 1:56am
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3440 Active Users (579 Members and 2861 Guests)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › WTB: Grado HP1000(HP1, HP2, HP3) in EXCELLENT condition 6 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 17 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Ok so I started making the move to better sound quality headphones... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW/TOUR] Somic MH412 + Viper4Android. The "Put Up or Shut Up"... 2 minutes ago
- › Destop DAC/HeadAmp combo upgrade recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Stuck! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)