Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › REVIEW: Yulong D100 MKII DAC - an update to an already excellent device
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: Yulong D100 MKII DAC - an update to an already excellent device - Page 3

post #31 of 216

How does the Yulong D100 MKII pair with Beyerdynamic Dt 990 ? Is it good combo as for the starter ?

post #32 of 216
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatterWhat View Post

How does the Yulong D100 MKII pair with Beyerdynamic Dt 990 ? Is it good combo as for the starter ?


I no longer own the DT990 so I can't say for sure. Generally speaking, the D100 MKII amp section is fairly neutral, and it has a decent amount of power on tap. So I would expect it to pair reasonably well with most any headphone. 

post #33 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

I no longer own the DT990 so I can't say for sure. Generally speaking, the D100 MKII amp section is fairly neutral, and it has a decent amount of power on tap. So I would expect it to pair reasonably well with most any headphone. 

To sum things up, and I think you stated this in the review, the D100 is transparent, so the characteristics of the headphone will show, not a modified sound.

post #34 of 216

It looks wonderful. If only I had the money...

post #35 of 216

Anyone experienced any problems with this model so far? It's been a while since the thread started, so thing may have happened since then.

 

I've always been interested in the Yulongs and thought I'd try out D100 before going over to Sabre D18, especially for the balanced outputs + the budget-friendly price. But the fact that the previous model had 'overheating' problems seems very discouraging. Does the MKII suffer from similar issues?

post #36 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monir View Post

Anyone experienced any problems with this model so far? It's been a while since the thread started, so thing may have happened since then.

 

I've always been interested in the Yulongs and thought I'd try out D100 before going over to Sabre D18, especially for the balanced outputs + the budget-friendly price. But the fact that the previous model had 'overheating' problems seems very discouraging. Does the MKII suffer from similar issues?

 

I have had mine for about 6 months now.  At times I have it running 24/7 for 2 to 3 week stretches.  No issues so far.  It does not run hot, it hardly runs warm.

post #37 of 216
After I received my D100Mk2 last week, I left it on and fed it with pink noise (with volume dial at 9 o'clock position) for at least two days. It was just slightly warm and my room temperature was stable at around 24 degree C all that time.
post #38 of 216

In case anyone is interested, I've got a like new D100 mk2 for sale. Good price too. 

post #39 of 216

Hi all. Today i recieved this unit and i love it so far. I have a question about ASIO driver. I downloaded driver from yulong website and installed it. I have windows 7 and use foobar for playing.

When i select ASIO as output, music is playing fine but i still hear sound from other sources and device screen is always showing same sample rate. If i use wasapi i dont have this issues.

I guess ASIO dont work for me. Any ideas how to fix it?

post #40 of 216

So at this point what DAC is preferred.  D100 MKII or the Saber D18 

post #41 of 216
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rkch1ld View Post

Hi all. Today i recieved this unit and i love it so far. I have a question about ASIO driver. I downloaded driver from yulong website and installed it. I have windows 7 and use foobar for playing.

When i select ASIO as output, music is playing fine but i still hear sound from other sources and device screen is always showing same sample rate. If i use wasapi i dont have this issues.

I guess ASIO dont work for me. Any ideas how to fix it?


That's strange, it works as intended for me. Do you have access to a different computer to try it on? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

So at this point what DAC is preferred.  D100 MKII or the Saber D18 

 

Imo, D18 is superior overall, though different enough to where some may prefer the D100 MKII in their system. 

post #42 of 216

I'm currently choosing between Yulong D100 MK100, Audio-gd NFB-10.32 and ASUS Essence One.

I'm using Sennheiser HD-600 headphones and listen mainly to classical music. The source is my PC, so at least now usb would be the input in use.

 

Which of the listed models would you advise me to buy?

post #43 of 216

At this point I'm using E-mu 0404 usb, but I have to return ot to its owner.

I have made a brief listening comparison between e-mu 0404 usb and ASUS Essence one - the latter gave me considerable more detail (it was a short audition in a shop). The Yulong & Audio-gd aren't available in retail in Russia, so I can't try them before buying.

post #44 of 216
Thread Starter 
I'd probably go for the Asus - you've heard it, you know you like it, and it is easily obtainable. That's important in my book.
post #45 of 216
How does the d100 pair with a powerfull tube amp like a 337?
And is this dac better then the hrt music streamer pro?
Edited by hifimanrookie - 1/24/13 at 9:32am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › REVIEW: Yulong D100 MKII DAC - an update to an already excellent device