I'm looking for an amp for my DT990 Pro 250ohms. As long as it's 200 or under, maybe a tad more, and I'd prefer portable unless there's something non portable that's great for the price. I'm mostly looking for an AMP/DAC combo so it's all in one package and I don't have to buy anything else. So which is better between the E7 and T5? And I'm open to other suggestions.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productIbasso T5tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by System, 6/22/12More
- productLeckerton Audio UHA-6S portable amp/DACtagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need a good portable amp for my HD 650's Last post on 7/26/12 at 9:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E17 vs Hifiman EF2A vs ODA+ODAC Last post on 6/12/12 at 1:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which Portable Amp do you think is better!! Last post on 7/9/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Impression] JDS Labs C421 (OPA2227 vs. AD8620) featuring cmoyBB, O2, T5 and UHA-4. Last post on 6/16/14 at 5:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for AKG 701 Quincy Adams: Last post on 6/15/12 at 12:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio E7 vs iBasso T5 vs More
Gear mentioned in this thread:
O2 + ODAC (jds labs)
Those are some good options, mostly in the $200 area. Read the big thread on the e17. It seems powerful, well performing, and received well buy the guys around here. Leckerton UHA-4 is an amp/dac from what i've read excels as an amp. No line out from the DAC though, if that's an issue.
I'd say do some reading on the e17 if you haven't.
- Fiio E7 vs iBasso T5 vs More
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Head-Fi member discounts 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Just got my M50x, thinking about getting something else 2 minutes ago
- › Metal / rock earbuds? 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)