I'm looking for an amp for my DT990 Pro 250ohms. As long as it's 200 or under, maybe a tad more, and I'd prefer portable unless there's something non portable that's great for the price. I'm mostly looking for an AMP/DAC combo so it's all in one package and I don't have to buy anything else. So which is better between the E7 and T5? And I'm open to other suggestions.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productIbasso T5tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by System, 6/22/12More
- productLeckerton Audio UHA-6S portable amp/DACtagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need a good portable amp for my HD 650's Last post on 7/26/12 at 9:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E17 vs Hifiman EF2A vs ODA+ODAC Last post on 6/12/12 at 1:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which Portable Amp do you think is better!! Last post on 7/9/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Impression] JDS Labs C421 (OPA2227 vs. AD8620) featuring cmoyBB, O2, T5 and UHA-4. Last post on 6/16/14 at 5:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for AKG 701 Quincy Adams: Last post on 6/15/12 at 12:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio E7 vs iBasso T5 vs More
Gear mentioned in this thread:
O2 + ODAC (jds labs)
Those are some good options, mostly in the $200 area. Read the big thread on the e17. It seems powerful, well performing, and received well buy the guys around here. Leckerton UHA-4 is an amp/dac from what i've read excels as an amp. No line out from the DAC though, if that's an issue.
I'd say do some reading on the e17 if you haven't.
- Fiio E7 vs iBasso T5 vs More
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 21 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 35 seconds ago
- › Best headphones that I can buy for $ 700 USD 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › [AUS] Headamp Pico Power Blue Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2