Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Your favorite IEM under $50?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your favorite IEM under $50?

post #1 of 33
Thread Starter 

I started reading the your favorite IEM thread and was disappointed that most remarks were for IEMs over $100.

Let's start with the under $50 category. Perhaps later we could have an under $100 thread.

 

So far my favorite IEM under $50 is the $25 Panasonic RP-HJE450. It has strong natural sounding bass and nice detail, however it doesn't isolate so well.It has an ergonomic shape with oval nozzles, fits me very well, and is very comfortable.  I also enjoy the $8 JVC Riptidz very much. it is also ergonomically shaped and very comfortable. The Riptidz has decent detail but not as much deep bass as the HJE450.


Edited by JK1 - 4/27/12 at 10:31am
post #2 of 33

For me, its toss up between Superlux 381f ($25) and Monoprice IEM ($10). I mostly listen to classical music and superlux has slight better imaging / wider soundstage, better timbre so it gets used more. When I listen to any other genre I pick monoprice.

 

 

post #3 of 33

Thermaltake Isurus for me definitely.  I pretty much use these the most out of any of my earphones since I like to have the mic when I'm on my PC.  Other than the sound, I really like how they're ported so they only partially isolate.  This way I can still have conversations with people when I have them in my ears.

post #4 of 33

DUNU Trident. I am starting to be of the opinion (read: becoming a snob) that any IEM under ~$100, while not necessarily crap, is unlistenable for me. Tridents are the exception to this rule (on most songs).

post #5 of 33

Hard to pick one:

Vsonic GR 99- Killer Bass-punchy without bloat-sweet warm mids-nice crispy treble-has nice air around it..$25 is a steal..

2nd- MEE  M6- slight v shape-good all rounder

 

post #6 of 33

Only IEM's I got in that price range are the JVC HA-FX67(descent, especially for $15), I can tolerate listening to these for about a maximum of 15 minutes before the SQ or lack there of starts bothering me. I use these occasionally for brief instances such as walking over to my friends place who is about a 7 minute walk away. I can't be bothered with carrying the DIYMOD iPod/Amp/Fitear MH334 custom combo for brief walks.

post #7 of 33
Thread Starter 

I looked up the Dunu Trident. It is only 95 db/mw. I try to avoid earphones that are less than 102 db/mw and prefer those that are over 106 db/mw. The Dunu Hephaes looks interesting except for the price. I wonder if it will ever be discounted down to $50.

 

http://www.inearmatters.net/2011/09/review-dunu-trident-and-hephaes.html

 

post #8 of 33
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnyhifi View Post

Only IEM's I got in that price range are the JVC HA-FX67(descent, especially for $15), I can tolerate listening to these for about a maximum of 15 minutes before the SQ or lack there of starts bothering me. I use these occasionally for brief instances such as walking over to my friends place who is about a 7 minute walk away. I can't be bothered with carrying the DIYMOD iPod/Amp/Fitear MH334 custom combo for brief walks.

 

I have the HA-FX67. It is comfortable and doesn't sound bad, however I prefer the sound of the $6-8 JVC Riptidz to that of the HAFX67.

post #9 of 33

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post

I looked up the Dunu Trident. It is only 95 db/mw. I try to avoid earphones that are less than 102 db/mw and prefer those that are over 106 db/mw. The Dunu Hephaes looks interesting except for the price. I wonder if it will ever be discounted down to $50.

 

http://www.inearmatters.net/2011/09/review-dunu-trident-and-hephaes.html

 

 

Could you explain why the db/mw spec is important to you? 

post #10 of 33
Thread Starter 

Using a more sensitive IEM means that the player needs to put out much less power to get the same earphone volume. It means less distortion and longer battery life. I guess some will say that db/V rather than db/mw is really what is relevant.


Edited by JK1 - 4/27/12 at 2:23pm
post #11 of 33

JVC HA FX40 or the Tridents

post #12 of 33

SoundMAGIC E10. I still think it's an excellent contender for entry level. It has everything beginners are looking for in most cases. Punch bass, forward mids, and slightly recessed highs which sparkle. It was my first IEM when I found this site and I still love the sound today.

post #13 of 33
Thread Starter 

The JVC HAFX40 looks interesting. I guess I will probably buy it sometime. The Soundmagic E10 is well liked by many. I guess it is also worth buying(or should I buy the E30? Perhaps I should get both?) The VSonic GR99 looks very interesting, but where can it be bought? Does Amazon have it?

post #14 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post

The JVC HAFX40 looks interesting. I guess I will probably buy it sometime. The Soundmagic E10 is well liked by many. I guess it is also worth buying(or should I buy the E30? Perhaps I should get both?) The VSonic GR99 looks very interesting, but where can it be bought? Does Amazon have it?


Here's the GR99 I'm also interested in it's performance as Vsonic make some wonderful stuff. I haven't heard the E30 but it grabs attention.

So many great choices in this price range today.

post #15 of 33
I always liked the. JVC Gummies for $20
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Your favorite IEM under $50?