I own a pair of Reloop RHP-20. Firstly, would it benefit much from a portable amplifier? If yes, which one would you suggest : JDSLabs cMoyBB, PA2V2, E6, E11, or ZO2? Or maybe any other amps in the same price range? I listen mostly to rock, alternative, RnB, and hip hop.
- productdigiZoid ZO2 Personal hi-fi experiencetagged by System, 6/22/12
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJDS Labs CMoyBBtagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productReloop RHP-20 RHP-20 Premium Folding DJ Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared Last post on 8/9/15 at 6:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp suggestions for Hifiman Re-262's? Last post on 7/2/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
- Headphone Impedance
Portable Amp for my RHP-20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, it does, especially on treble. Highs will become more clean and trasparent (FiiO E11). You'll also benefit from the bass boost. I don't recommend the ZO2 as it cuts on micro-detail and treble sparkle. It's great to use as a second amp (bi-amplification), not as the main amp. Technically the FiiO E11 is superior. Fiio E11 + ZO2 gives a great combo for bass-heads (phones connected to the FiiO, not the ZO2, where the ZO2 will act just as a subwoofer). Anyways some micro-detail will be lost too, but not as much as using the ZO2 alone. I guess the RHP-20's have enough bass to not justify the use of the ZO2 as a subwoofer, so a more analytical amp (like the E11) should be more recommendable.
Edited by miow - 6/8/12 at 11:32pm
- Portable Amp for my RHP-20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 7 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2