I own a pair of Reloop RHP-20. Firstly, would it benefit much from a portable amplifier? If yes, which one would you suggest : JDSLabs cMoyBB, PA2V2, E6, E11, or ZO2? Or maybe any other amps in the same price range? I listen mostly to rock, alternative, RnB, and hip hop.
- productdigiZoid ZO2 Personal hi-fi experiencetagged by System, 6/22/12
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJDS Labs CMoyBBtagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productReloop RHP-20 RHP-20 Premium Folding DJ Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared Last post on Today at 7:02 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp suggestions for Hifiman Re-262's? Last post on 7/2/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
- Headphone Impedance
Portable Amp for my RHP-20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, it does, especially on treble. Highs will become more clean and trasparent (FiiO E11). You'll also benefit from the bass boost. I don't recommend the ZO2 as it cuts on micro-detail and treble sparkle. It's great to use as a second amp (bi-amplification), not as the main amp. Technically the FiiO E11 is superior. Fiio E11 + ZO2 gives a great combo for bass-heads (phones connected to the FiiO, not the ZO2, where the ZO2 will act just as a subwoofer). Anyways some micro-detail will be lost too, but not as much as using the ZO2 alone. I guess the RHP-20's have enough bass to not justify the use of the ZO2 as a subwoofer, so a more analytical amp (like the E11) should be more recommendable.
Edited by miow - 6/8/12 at 11:32pm
- Portable Amp for my RHP-20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2014 tube amp rankings 4 seconds ago
- › [Q]Which Grado has largest cup size? 7 seconds ago
- › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 48 seconds ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. 1 minute ago
- › Grado PS500s (new Grado's) 1 minute ago
- › Cheapest Amp to Drive HD600 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)