I own a pair of Reloop RHP-20. Firstly, would it benefit much from a portable amplifier? If yes, which one would you suggest : JDSLabs cMoyBB, PA2V2, E6, E11, or ZO2? Or maybe any other amps in the same price range? I listen mostly to rock, alternative, RnB, and hip hop.
- productdigiZoid ZO2 Personal hi-fi experiencetagged by System, 6/22/12
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJDS Labs CMoyBBtagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productReloop RHP-20 RHP-20 Premium Folding DJ Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared Last post on 9/1/14 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp suggestions for Hifiman Re-262's? Last post on 7/2/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
- Headphone Impedance
Portable Amp for my RHP-20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, it does, especially on treble. Highs will become more clean and trasparent (FiiO E11). You'll also benefit from the bass boost. I don't recommend the ZO2 as it cuts on micro-detail and treble sparkle. It's great to use as a second amp (bi-amplification), not as the main amp. Technically the FiiO E11 is superior. Fiio E11 + ZO2 gives a great combo for bass-heads (phones connected to the FiiO, not the ZO2, where the ZO2 will act just as a subwoofer). Anyways some micro-detail will be lost too, but not as much as using the ZO2 alone. I guess the RHP-20's have enough bass to not justify the use of the ZO2 as a subwoofer, so a more analytical amp (like the E11) should be more recommendable.
Edited by miow - 6/8/12 at 11:32pm
- Portable Amp for my RHP-20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 just now
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Matrix M-stage(Upgraded LM4562) 2012 edition 150 plus shipping 1 minute ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 1 minute ago
- › Announcing the all-new X3 firmware 3.0 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)