I own a pair of Reloop RHP-20. Firstly, would it benefit much from a portable amplifier? If yes, which one would you suggest : JDSLabs cMoyBB, PA2V2, E6, E11, or ZO2? Or maybe any other amps in the same price range? I listen mostly to rock, alternative, RnB, and hip hop.
- productdigiZoid ZO2 Personal hi-fi experiencetagged by System, 6/22/12
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJDS Labs CMoyBBtagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productReloop RHP-20 RHP-20 Premium Folding DJ Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared Last post on 12/23/14 at 5:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp suggestions for Hifiman Re-262's? Last post on 7/2/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
- Headphone Impedance
Portable Amp for my RHP-20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, it does, especially on treble. Highs will become more clean and trasparent (FiiO E11). You'll also benefit from the bass boost. I don't recommend the ZO2 as it cuts on micro-detail and treble sparkle. It's great to use as a second amp (bi-amplification), not as the main amp. Technically the FiiO E11 is superior. Fiio E11 + ZO2 gives a great combo for bass-heads (phones connected to the FiiO, not the ZO2, where the ZO2 will act just as a subwoofer). Anyways some micro-detail will be lost too, but not as much as using the ZO2 alone. I guess the RHP-20's have enough bass to not justify the use of the ZO2 as a subwoofer, so a more analytical amp (like the E11) should be more recommendable.
Edited by miow - 6/8/12 at 11:32pm
- Portable Amp for my RHP-20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › need help smoothing a rough spot on custom IEM shell 23 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Heads up! Dick Smith "Premium headphones VT H68" aluminum and... 3 minutes ago
- › Portable headphone amps 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 6 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)