or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread - Page 56

post #826 of 1621
I wanted to buy a ZX1 and can use the extra money from the AK120 sale to fund my guitar stuff but I saw a nice R10 in classified and my impulsive nature kicks in tongue.gif.
post #827 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post

I wanted to buy a ZX1 and can use the extra money from the AK120 sale to fund my guitar stuff but I saw a nice R10 in classified and my impulsive nature kicks in tongue.gif.


Really looking forward to hear your impressions :happy_face1: Also, how do you plan to use R10 in day to day life? Will it stay in your pocket when you are walking around etc? I want to know how pocketable it is. That's the only factor pushes me away for the moment.

 

Also it will be good to see SE5way comparison. Sabre Chip+OPA 627+SE5way, you are going to get quite a pleasure I believe.

post #828 of 1621
My SE5 is not having that much love lately.. I'm using my Pro666 (CA Miracle reshelled) more. Not as detailed as the SE5 but somehow it speaks to me more. Faster, flatter, but thinner and colder, less hi-fi.

I'll use the R10 for daily commute in the train so it will be inside my bag or jacket. I think it is way too thick for my jeans. I don't even put my AK120 inside my jeans.
post #829 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post

My SE5 is not having that much love lately.. I'm using my Pro666 (CA Miracle reshelled) more. Not as detailed as the SE5 but somehow it speaks to me more. Faster, flatter, but thinner and colder, less hi-fi.

I'll use the R10 for daily commute in the train so it will be inside my bag or jacket. I think it is way too thick for my jeans. I don't even put my AK120 inside my jeans.


Oh I see. Still, waiting for your impressions :happy_face1: If you have time, please also do a special SE5way section. I will also think about the ways I am using the player, if I can find another way to keep the dap with me (not in jeans pockets for example) I might be pulling the trigger.

post #830 of 1621
I have a messenger bag with me all the time so that help as well. I think it will fit in a back pocket just fine but it will look damn ugly in front pocket.
post #831 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post

I have a messenger bag with me all the time so that help as well. I think it will fit in a back pocket just fine but it will look damn ugly in front pocket.


Yeah, I wish it was a tad slimmer, I would be using it for a long time now. Anyway, congrats on purchase then ;)

post #832 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post

I have a messenger bag with me all the time so that help as well. I think it will fit in a back pocket just fine but it will look damn ugly in front pocket.

Congrats wink.gif

It's a chunky unit whatever pocket you put it in, but suprisingly, fit in my front pocket ok. The silicon case also ensured that it stayed put, without slipping around.

The 'brick in my pocket' look is not ideal, but negligible... afterall, we already exhibit ears full of silicon, and strange cables sprouting from our shirts.

If it attracts the wrong sort of attention, simply use it as a bludgeoning implement.
post #833 of 1621
Haha, let's see. Can't wait to hear it next week.
post #834 of 1621
Its not that thick considering you shouldn't need an external amp.
post #835 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Sorry i cannot help but why do you need it ?
I was trying to make sure that all of the serial numbers matched as I was told it should be on the box; manual and unit.
post #836 of 1621
Wow not the trusting type lol
My box is in a garage sorry
Al
post #837 of 1621
Well definitely the curious type. I would assume that there is nothing to worry about being that I ordered through Amazon Japan itself and not a Amazon vendor and shipped through Tenso. I just wanted to confirm is all.
post #838 of 1621

Did anybody try this new 128 GB MicroSD with read speed of 90 MB/s?

 

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00HA2U87Q/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

I am currently using Toshiba Exceria 16 GB cards, but it seems the read speed of the 128 GB one is comparable to the Toshiba.

post #839 of 1621
I have not but I would think there is a limit to how big the card could be. That would be cool though .

Al
post #840 of 1621

Do you think the 128 GB would not work in the R10?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread