Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread - Page 3

post #31 of 1376

I am so tempted to get this unit. Been thinking about getting the DX100 but with the small upgrades especially the battery the HDP-R10 unit might be the one for me...then I saw the price...

 

Current pricing on Amazon is JPY 79,992; equivalent to $1,008.56 USD.

post #32 of 1376
Thread Starter 
From my experience. Japan version sound a bit better than international version
Like Sony. Z 1070. 64 Gb Japan version vs Sony Z 1050 international version

Japan version Sony Z 1070 sound better , more details and open and black background

International / Global version Sony Z 1050 and Z 1060 sound warm to dark sound , less detail

I hope I Basso HDP R 10 Japan version sound quality is better than iIbassp DX 100
post #33 of 1376
I'm somewhat disappointed that the HDP-R10 doesn't play DSF natively though but down samples to a lower rate.

In that case it's a waste of storage space to upload DSF files but play the same as hires FLACs. I may as well down sample & upload myself as hires FLACs & save memory space. This is what I do to my DX100 now.

Also about the battery life, even though 4.2V/4800mAh, it's not much longer than the DX100.

The only factor left is the OPA627 vs the DX100's unknown OpAmp.

P.S. I'm looking at the HM901 with greater interest.
post #34 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by onizukajp View Post

I am so tempted to get this unit. Been thinking about getting the DX100 but with the small upgrades especially the battery the HDP-R10 unit might be the one for me...then I saw the price...

 

Current pricing on Amazon is JPY 79,992; equivalent to $1,008.56 USD.

Holy!

 

And it is still using the SAME obsolete 2.3.1 Google Android OS???

 

I have some choice words for that and none of them are good.

post #35 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post

Holy!

 

And it is still using the SAME obsolete 2.3.1 Google Android OS???

 

I have some choice words for that and none of them are good.

If you want all the bells and whistles get a true Android device, this is a music player. I could care less about the UI as mine works great, no hang-ups, blips or bleeps. I was happy for years with my iRiver with Rockbox as a musical player. This works as well for me and sounds much better. 

post #36 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

If you want all the bells and whistles get a true Android device, this is a music player. I could care less about the UI as mine works great, no hang-ups, blips or bleeps. I was happy for years with my iRiver with Rockbox as a musical player. This works as well for me and sounds much better. 

I could care less about bells and whistles.


EFFICENCY gains and optimizations. This includes LONGER battery life, more efficent (read faster) calls to external call outs (which is how they call out the ESS DSP). In otherwords, forgetting bells and whistels, there is a reason google themselves obsoleted 2.3.1 and that was because of instability issues. Hence why Google put out 2.3.3 within 1 month of 2.3.1 getting released which coincidetally, it is the goto Gingerbread OS. ICS and JB improve on the underlying system (efficencies and optimizations which are not to be confused with bells and whistles) as will every new iteration of Android that comes out. Be it better memory management, better multitasking, better power management, better hardware abstraction layer etc. Something gets improved. ;)

post #37 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post

I could care less about bells and whistles.


EFFICENCY gains and optimizations. This includes LONGER battery life, more efficent (read faster) calls to external call outs (which is how they call out the ESS DSP). In otherwords, forgetting bells and whistels, there is a reason google themselves obsoleted 2.3.1 and that was because of instability issues. Hence why Google put out 2.3.3 within 1 month of 2.3.1 getting released which coincidetally, it is the goto Gingerbread OS. ICS and JB improve on the underlying system (efficencies and optimizations which are not to be confused with bells and whistles) as will every new iteration of Android that comes out. Be it better memory management, better multitasking, better power management, better hardware abstraction layer etc. Something gets improved. ;)

Ok, so have you corresponded with iBasso at all? They are normally open to discussion. 

post #38 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

Ok, so have you corresponded with iBasso at all? They are normally open to discussion. 

iBasso is.


But the development work unfortunatly is RockChip not iBasso.

 

"iBasso" has stated that there was no plans for ICS much less JB on the DX100/HDP-R10. That was posted in the DX100 thread by Surfer.

 

It would have to be a custom ROM which means reverse engineer the DX100.

 

I would do it but I am not coughing $800 to develop on. Surely not coughing $800 for buggy hardware either. ;)

post #39 of 1376
post #40 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post

iBasso is.


But the development work unfortunatly is RockChip not iBasso.

 

"iBasso" has stated that there was no plans for ICS much less JB on the DX100/HDP-R10. That was posted in the DX100 thread by Surfer.

 

It would have to be a custom ROM which means reverse engineer the DX100.

 

I would do it but I am not coughing $800 to develop on. Surely not coughing $800 for buggy hardware either. ;)

So you have the DX100 or you don't have one?

post #41 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

So you have the DX100 or you don't have one?

 

Umm see post #38

post #42 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post

 

Umm see post #38

I see. I thought you were talking about experience from using the DX100. 

post #43 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

I see. I thought you were talking about experience from using the DX100. 

Have the ROM.


Disassembled it.

 

Outside of the ESS "driver" and the Music player. Everything else is stock android.

post #44 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post

Holy!

 

And it is still using the SAME obsolete 2.3.1 Google Android OS???

 

I have some choice words for that and none of them are good.

 

I have though long and hard about this so I am not jumping into anything lightly. I have had hours upon hours of listening time on a DX100 so I think I know what I am getting myself into. I don't care much about what OS is on the device as I would be paying more for the ability to listen to good music first and a decent UI. Basically, if I want the latest Android OS then I will go and get a device that has it, but I have no real need for it.

 

What attracts me to the HDP-R10 is the basic iBasso hardware plus the additional upgrades/changes from the original DX100, mainly battery and support for multiple files.

 

I will most likely play with a demo in one of the many audio shops here in Japan before ever making my final decision, but recent discussion with fellow Head-Fiers in Tokyo have me eyeing the Hi-Fi Man 901. 

post #45 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by onizukajp View Post

What attracts me to the HDP-R10 is the basic iBasso hardware plus the additional upgrades/changes from the original DX100, mainly battery and support for multiple files.

Multiple files like support (reading and playing) or? Could you clarify?

 

On the OS front, every buyer should care ;)

 

When RockChip has trouble care to take one guess what google will say when they mention that they are using 2.3.1? Upgrade to 2.3.3 at the very least as that is still supported (<==Operative word)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread