or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread - Page 88

post #1306 of 1621

This is why I sold mine. I have some hope that FiiO's X7 will be better. Or you can step up to the Calyx M, which, while not having the most responsible UI (it desperately needs album art thumbnail caching), at least can scan a loaded card pretty fast.

post #1307 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
 

This is why I sold mine. I have some hope that FiiO's X7 will be better. Or you can step up to the Calyx M, which, while not having the most responsible UI (it desperately needs album art thumbnail caching), at least can scan a loaded card pretty fast.


I am waiting for X7 too. Judging FiiO by their X3 and their X5, X7 might hit the spot, without costing an arm and a leg.

post #1308 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
 

This is why I sold mine. I have some hope that FiiO's X7 will be better. Or you can step up to the Calyx M, which, while not having the most responsible UI (it desperately needs album art thumbnail caching), at least can scan a loaded card pretty fast.

I can't understand why iBasso guys are refusing to work on improving UI. I'm sure it will take only a few weeks to fix this android app.

 

Everyone, please send your complaints to: service@ibasso.com

They need to hear us. It won't take them too much effort to fix this small application.

post #1309 of 1621
IMHO it's best to sell the HDP-R10 while the resale value is acceptable and wait for an X7 or buy one of the other players. I am very glad that I returned mine for a full refund. Now, I'm a very happy AK100II owner.

AK100II: responsive, stable, intuitive UI. None of those ridiculous "wait 20 minutes after startup or it will crash" nonsense. Just power on and have immediate access to all 64GB's worth of music. Great sound quality. A FAR better design.

The HDP-R10 is affordable for a reason. The SQ is great (if you manage to boot this DAP at all) but everything else is unusable. It's just not worth the frustration.
post #1310 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ny View Post

IMHO it's best to sell the HDP-R10 while the resale value is acceptable and wait for an X7 or buy one of the other players. I am very glad that I returned mine for a full refund. Now, I'm a very happy AK100II owner.

AK100II: responsive, stable, intuitive UI. None of those ridiculous "wait 20 minutes after startup or it will crash" nonsense. Just power on and have immediate access to all 64GB's worth of music. Great sound quality. A FAR better design.

The HDP-R10 is affordable for a reason. The SQ is great (if you manage to boot this DAP at all) but everything else is unusable. It's just not worth the frustration.

I see.. I'm very very interested in AK100 II as well.

Which one sounds better? R10 or AK100 II??

The only reason I'm not selling R10 is its sound quality. It sounds better than any of my previous cheap mp3 players.

If anyone can confirm that AK100 II sounds better than R10, I'll return my R10 immediately and get AK100 II as well.

 

Thanks

post #1311 of 1621
The sound quality is equal, but the R10 has a bigger 3D-like soundstage that the AK100II doesn't have.
post #1312 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ny View Post

The sound quality is equal, but the R10 has a bigger 3D-like soundstage that the AK100II doesn't have.


exactly..its sound makes me want to keep this forever. if AK100 II's sound isn't better I'd choose not to buy AK100 II.

I heard AK100 II comes with a leather case. Can you show us yours?

Thanks


Edited by kawaivpc1 - 7/11/14 at 1:54am
post #1313 of 1621
I posted photos of the leather case here and here.
Edited by s0ny - 7/11/14 at 7:37am
post #1314 of 1621

it looks pretty good. very simple and black. Thanks.

I just wished it to sound good as R10.

post #1315 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post

it looks pretty good. very simple and black. Thanks.
I just wished it to sound good as R10.
The case is the grey textured one, not the black box or black sleeve. Scroll lower.biggrin.gif Or directly click here, although the first link shows the case from the front.
Edited by s0ny - 7/11/14 at 4:24pm
post #1316 of 1621

My HDP R10 boots up and scanned the lib less than 3 mins , my music lib takes up entire 64 internal 64 Micro SD. When i first started using it, i noticed it was slow and very unresponsive for some reasons. I did a couple of tweaks and cleans up and the things runs very smooth. My only complains are the stupid bug that kicks me back to the default song when i tried to choose to load up another song too fast and ridiculous battery drain. I never tried rooting like some of the guys here did though.

post #1317 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearofwar View Post
 

My HDP R10 boots up and scanned the lib less than 3 mins , my music lib takes up entire 64 internal 64 Micro SD. When i first started using it, i noticed it was slow and very unresponsive for some reasons. I did a couple of tweaks and cleans up and the things runs very smooth. My only complains are the stupid bug that kicks me back to the default song when i tried to choose to load up another song too fast and ridiculous battery drain. I never tried rooting like some of the guys here did though.

 

If you remember, can you share what  you did?

thanks.

post #1318 of 1621
Is the GUI of dx100 more responsive than the HDP R10?
post #1319 of 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post
 

 

If you remember, can you share what  you did?

thanks.

I don't quite remember everything but here is what i did.

+updated to 8.0.3

+used mp3tag to remove all of the taggings and artworks

+turned off basically useless stuffs like bluetooth, location service, set the interface as lowest setting 

+used some app killers to kill everything except HD player, clean up utilities

+removed something that runs in Setting > Running program, i don't quite remember as there are some applications running in background 

post #1320 of 1621

any news on HDP R10 update? this thread seems to be abandoned

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread