Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and appreciation thread - Page 78

post #1156 of 1321
Tell me then how to shift to the next/previous track when your player in the pocket?smily_headphones1.gif
post #1157 of 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroppand View Post

Tell me then how to shift to the next/previous track when your player in the pocket?smily_headphones1.gif


You can't. You have only volume buttons.

post #1158 of 1321
It kept freezing after numerous resets until it even deleted all my music. It shows a message saying that I don't have music on my DAP. When I browse, there's no content anymore in the Music folder. Different views such as Album view doesn't show content either.
post #1159 of 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ny View Post

It kept freezing after numerous resets until it even deleted all my music. It shows a message saying that I don't have music on my DAP. When I browse, there's no content anymore in the Music folder. Different views such as Album view doesn't show content either.

are you sure that the DAP was freezing or it's just that you didn't allow it to finish its process of scanning the library which usually takes like 18 mins on my DAP depending on the size of the library?

post #1160 of 1321

Yep, this thing is annoying as beep.  Delay when you skip tracks or select a track.  Continuous play it doesn't have delay between tracks.  Warmer, but not as resolving as X5(extremely clear and detailed). sounds like laid back version of X90, but with much wider stage, more dynamic, and more definition to sound. Wait, the damn thing sounds better than yesterday.  Lovin the stage, but I like X5 better because of it's resolution as my NT-6 outputs high resolutioni.  It doesn't play files on uSD after I loaded up files on the internal memory.  What gives?


Edited by SilverEars - 6/10/14 at 6:45pm
post #1161 of 1321

I don't believe in burn in, but I can't explain what's going on there other than burn-in as it sounds better than the other day.  This thing sound very detailed also, but different kind of detailed.  The X5 is clear detailed or sharp details, but DX90 is more thick and has definition or more shape to it's details.  I'm liking the DX90 details, it has better variations to it or should I say textures?  Bass is more than I like, but the wide stage makes it ok.  But, variations in the bass is breath of fresh air from the DX90.  To me it has more believable sound than X5.  I think the way the stage is done makes it sound more real. 

 

If you think your DAP or portable DAP don't have enough kick to make it sound wide, give DX100 a try.  :p  Stage is like what a desktop amp would give you in contrast to a narrow sounding iphone.


Edited by SilverEars - 6/10/14 at 7:02pm
post #1162 of 1321
The music must be put in the correct folder to play. I think it's labeled music. It cannot just anywhere . The unit is quirky like if you tap have some patience it will happen in a second or two. I had the ak120 and it's GUI was so much faster but the sound was so much worse. .
Letting the unit warm up a bit while using it , the sound does get better . I too do not beleave in burnin. But I do very much beleave in warm up. Also I think burnin is in our brains.
al
post #1163 of 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

The music must be put in the correct folder to play. I think it's labeled music. It cannot just anywhere . The unit is quirky like if you tap have some patience it will happen in a second or two. I had the ak120 and it's GUI was so much faster but the sound was so much worse. .
Letting the unit warm up a bit while using it , the sound does get better . I too do not beleave in burnin. But I do very much beleave in warm up. Also I think burnin is in our brains.
al

All my music on my uSD card is in a folder called music.

post #1164 of 1321

It just hit me.  Vocals are amazing!!!  This thing is burned in, I don't give a beep if yall don't believe in it.  It sounds like when I had TG334, euphoric sound.  

 

Holy mother of god, it's vocal heaven here, and the place is HDP-R10.  This ain't no iphone that's for sure.


Edited by SilverEars - 6/10/14 at 7:09pm
post #1165 of 1321
Hahahaha. It does sound good. Enjoy.
Al
post #1166 of 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Hahahaha. It does sound good. Enjoy.
Al

Can you describe how Hugo compare to this?  Do you this better or Hugo?  

post #1167 of 1321
Not fair you just go the hibino. Are you sure you want to know .
Al
post #1168 of 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Not fair you just go the hibino. Are you sure you want to know .
Al

Just give it me. Tell me what makes Hugo better?  I heard it sound clinical, is it too accurate?  To me R10 is not accurate, but has believeable euphoric sound if that makes sense.  Then again, all DAPs I've tried recently just have different sounds, none of them I would call accurate.  Maybe Hugo is accurate and real?

post #1169 of 1321
Yes none are accurate but he hugo is much more real . But it is a little thin. They tun it to sound a little bright and this give more reality presence .
Over all it's much better than the HDP r10. But it's also not a dap . I use my iPhone 5 64 gig as a transport . With headphones it's really good the hd800 sound very good.
But with ciem s it still good but CIEMS just have less resolution so it matters less.
Al
post #1170 of 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Yes none are accurate but he hugo is much more real . But it is a little thin. They tun it to sound a little bright and this give more reality presence .
Over all it's much better than the HDP r10. But it's also not a dap . I use my iPhone 5 64 gig as a transport . With headphones it's really good the hd800 sound very good.
But with ciem s it still good but CIEMS just have less resolution so it matters less.
Al

Thank you good sir for this important info as CIEM pairing is all I'm interested in.  I guess that's why people are getting amps for Hugo for CIEMs.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and appreciation thread