Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Jecklin Float QA !!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Jecklin Float QA !!! - Page 14

post #196 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_head View Post
 

yup.  there's nothing to fear.

post #197 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by juantendo8 View Post

No objective data = no purchase. This is something that should be expected past a certain price range. If they come later, than I wouldn't worry until then. (Unless we're adventurous like you, MF.) I've seen too many failure headphones hailed as the second coming of Christ to put much worth on pure hearsay. I do appreciate concise and informational subjective impressions, however. You know, the ones without a million synonyms for "nice sounding".

Yes. I wait very long for the time when the ears are unnecessary. It would be nice if these unreliable instruments no longer need to hear.

Maybe I experience this time still, where the ears can be turned off completely.

I imagine will have 20 units with screen. Where does the music - frequencies, diagrams, amplitudes, ...

Finally something reliable. Get away from the unreliable ears.

I am happy - what an interesting idea.

post #198 of 663

"The trick here is knowing that objective and subjective evaluation happen in two different domains, and one has to have an open mind to bring in information from both without feeling conflicted. If a person falls too strongly into one camp or the other, their viewpoint bias may override the ability to see valid points of the other viewpoint. The question is how to keep both valid viewpoints at the same time.

 

""Der Trick dabei ist, zu wissen, dass objektive und subjektive Beurteilung geschieht in zwei verschiedenen Domänen, und man hat einen offenen Geist zu Informationen aus beiden zu bringen, ohne das Gefühl Konflikt haben. Wenn eine Person zu stark fällt in ein Lager oder dem anderen, ihren Standpunkt Bias kann überschreiben die Fähigkeit, gültige Punkte des anderen Blickwinkel zu sehen. die Frage ist, wie man sowohl gültige Standpunkte zur gleichen Zeit zu halten. "

 

Fry-lightbulb-on-forehead1%5B1%5D.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelxray View Post

Yes. I wait very long for the time when the ears are unnecessary. It would be nice if these unreliable instruments no longer need to hear.

Maybe I experience this time still, where the ears can be turned off completely.

I imagine will have 20 units with screen. Where does the music - frequencies, diagrams, amplitudes, ...

Finally something reliable. Get away from the unreliable ears.

I am happy - what an interesting idea.


Edited by complin - 10/21/12 at 1:53am
post #199 of 663

^ROFL!

 

Originally Posted by Radio_head View Post
I have a lot of respect for the work of a Tyll.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishski13 View Post

yup.  there's nothing to fear.

eek.gifbiggrin.gif

post #200 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by complin View Post

"The trick here is knowing that objective and subjective evaluation happen in two different domains, and one has to have an open mind to bring in information from both without feeling conflicted. If a person falls too strongly into one camp or the other, their viewpoint bias may override the ability to see valid points of the other viewpoint. The question is how to keep both valid viewpoints at the same time.

 

""Der Trick dabei ist, zu wissen, dass objektive und subjektive Beurteilung geschieht in zwei verschiedenen Domänen, und man hat einen offenen Geist zu Informationen aus beiden zu bringen, ohne das Gefühl Konflikt haben. Wenn eine Person zu stark fällt in ein Lager oder dem anderen, ihren Standpunkt Bias kann überschreiben die Fähigkeit, gültige Punkte des anderen Blickwinkel zu sehen. die Frage ist, wie man sowohl gültige Standpunkte zur gleichen Zeit zu halten. "

 

Fry-lightbulb-on-forehead1%5B1%5D.jpg

Nice words, nice picture.

The trick is:

To maintain good technique and work with this technology then.

Work!

Browse for anything in the world and you'll see: Nothing comes from nothing.

A racing driver is not automatically good because he has a good car.

He needs to learn. Even as a child.

A person is not automatically creative because he has a good instrument.

The perception of a person is not necessarily good because he has a good pair of headphones. You can then see all the charts in the world, it will not help.

Work!

People write in forums, as an example: Wow, I've heard Stax XY it was bad.

Iron Maiden is not fun.

There lies the problem, if they understand.

No one can decide for 1000 people. The majority of hifi-owners like bad sound. The more bad sound, the better. And then Iron Maiden is suddenly okay. Because the bass is fat enough. The electric guitar smashed the eardrum. It's noisy. But it's good then.

This is one example of many.

Since they have the problem today.

And that's why they have 1000 opinions.

What do they believe, why pay someone a few thousand dollars or euros?

Zappa or so Santana is interesting?

No, this is also possible, for much less money.

Systems, such as Stax or Jecklin are systems that are not built so that 1000 people can organize their private circus on the globe.

Since they have the biggest problem. They describe these two levels, without knowing it.

When I look at the nonsense that is written for years in forums about Stax, I see the levels clearly.

That has nothing to do with the fact that people interact with slightly different quality. It has to do with the fact that the wrong people have the wrong equipment in the hands.


Edited by michaelxray - 10/21/12 at 2:31am
post #201 of 663

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelxray View Post

When I look at the nonsense that is written for years in forums about Stax, I see the levels clearly.

 

Like the nonsense you just wrote? hardly... Yours is "better". wink.gif

post #202 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarphael View Post

Quote:

Like the nonsense you just wrote? hardly... Yours is "better". wink.gif

Long story short.

Each person forges his own happiness.

If the float for a person of interest, they will listen to him. If not, okay.

Pretty simple, right?


Edited by michaelxray - 10/21/12 at 3:22am
post #203 of 663

Forget whether it is HiFi or not.

 

The ruling paradigm here seems to be "Whatever FLOATS your boat..."

post #204 of 663
It wasn't too clear when it started but I can now absolutely confirm that I now longer understand the current conversation. Well, no, I think there are thousands of tin earred stax fans and one golden ear who also happens to be a float fan. Not sure fan is the word really here. I can proclaim myself a Stax fan, but sure hope I am not coming across like this!

Regardless, I remain open to the revelation and look forward to the day I experience it (and join the secret cult where numbers are prohibited wink.gif). Until then, let's remain ignorant fools and have stupid conversations about headphone design, objective and subjective impressions. tongue.gif
Edited by arnaud - 10/21/12 at 3:36am
post #205 of 663

Yes I got especially dressed up and trimmed my beard for this picture redface.gif

The words are Tyll's

 

I happen to like Zappa, Santana, Bon Jovi, Biffy Clyro

I also like Weather report, Michael Brecker, Duke Ellington, Frank Sinatra, as well as Mozart, Schubert, Beethoven, Elgar, Thoms Tallis ................ the list goes on.  In fact I like a very broad range of music even though i'll soon be 63!.

 

You seem to be implying that for some people using Stax with their musical tastes is like throwing pearls before swineblink.gif  If that's your opinion it's a very arrogant one.

 

Good headphones like Stax/Jecklin are not the preserve of one elite genre of music, they are there to be enjoyed all even though we personally may not appreciate it.

 

You say "People write in forums, as an example: Wow, I've heard Stax XY it was bad.".  Similarly people write in forums that the QA Float is the best headphone in the world, so why would your comment have more veracity than the one's you dismiss?

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelxray View Post

Nice words, nice picture.

 

Zappa or so Santana is interesting?

 

People write in forums, as an example: Wow, I've heard Stax XY it was bad.

 


Edited by complin - 10/21/12 at 7:27am
post #206 of 663

Somebody put a bullet in this thread and put it out of its misery.  We have long since stopped sharing about the excitement about another new piece of equipment.  If there is a problem it is not so much about a false dichotomy between determining the efficacy or sound quality of the QA based solely on measurements or having had the opportunity to have heard them but an inability to let someone hold an opposing opinion.  It is tiresome to have to revisit such discussions as there is nothing new in them. 

post #207 of 663

This thread has only done damage to this product's reputation, IMO. It's kind of sad.

 

When I get mine in, any impressions I post will be in a new thread.

post #208 of 663
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaud View Post

It wasn't too clear when it started but I can now absolutely confirm that I now longer understand the current conversation. Well, no, I think there are thousands of tin earred stax fans and one golden ear who also happens to be a float fan. Not sure fan is the word really here. I can proclaim myself a Stax fan, but sure hope I am not coming across like this!
Regardless, I remain open to the revelation and look forward to the day I experience it (and join the secret cult where numbers are prohibited wink.gif). Until then, let's remain ignorant fools and have stupid conversations about headphone design, objective and subjective impressions. tongue.gif

No you dont understand  it and I think you will never understand it because you wont understand it and it is cooler to write this Nonsens. There is no  "Gold ear" 

 

There is only one which hade done his homework over the years.

 

Michaelxray loves Stax own actually Stax and as he writes he is been with Stax over 20 Years.  

 

I absolutly believe in Stax as the best Headphone-Sets availabel. Nevertheless i sold it because the jecklin has all what a Electrostatic Earspeaker like Stax can do but it comes without earcups and exactly this brings the Jecklin one Step ahead. So now for me the Jecklin is the most authenticity Earspeaker. Thats all!  But dont forget I still love Stax-Systems.  

 

But I dont hear something like Metal or any Techno. I´m a lover of classic,classic, and classicwink_face.gif.  Sometimes Jazz,and all hand made Rock-Blues .  

 

 

  But we speak again when the first Owners write here and the first Reviews come.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #209 of 663

That will be great.  I know that some are also on their way to Asia and Pacific rim.  I have seen very little comment so far on any of the European forums. 

 

As I said earlier in the thread, once we get a larger body of opinion and actual side by side comparisons with known competitive headphones, its going to be easier to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the new QA Float. 

 

Perhaps those of you who live US side of the pond can lend Tyll a pair so he can do some measuring biggrin.gif.  I'm sure this could prove quite a challenge due to the lack of ear pads and sealing to the head.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

This thread has only done damage to this product's reputation, IMO. It's kind of sad.

 

When I get mine in, any impressions I post will be in a new thread.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam73 View Post

  But we speak again when the first Owners write here and the first Reviews come.

 


Edited by complin - 10/21/12 at 4:58am
post #210 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by complin View Post
Perhaps those of you who live US side of the pond can lend Tyll a pair so he can do some measuring biggrin.gif.  I'm sure this could prove quite a challenge due to the lack of ear pads and sealing to the head.

 

I feel the opposite, no pad, no sealing issue (critical for stax and audeze phones for example). The cans are huge too so probably not as sensitive to positioning as some other stuff.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Jecklin Float QA !!!