Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Jecklin Float QA !!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Jecklin Float QA !!! - Page 11

post #151 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

So, has anyone actually had his / her order filled and received it?

 

Hopefully mine will be ready soon.

I was thinking that as well!!!!redface.gif

post #152 of 663
Thread Starter 

After hearing this hell of a headphonefloatsmile.png on Quadfestival 5 weeks ago :

 

 

i placed my order immediately floatsmile.png  

 

There is  no question left for me!!! 

and now I still wait for for mine!!!   

 

Best wishes

 

Sam73


Edited by Sam73 - 10/17/12 at 6:38pm
post #153 of 663

I want a pair but I do not want a 10kg power supply. Will anyone be making an adapter so they can be run out of a Stax amp?
 

post #154 of 663
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycalgary View Post

I want a pair but I do not want a 10kg power supply. Will anyone be making an adapter so they can be run out of a Stax amp?
 

 

First it is not only a powersuppIy it is a Transformer . I want it because I heard it and I want the Jecklin Sound exact this way.  When I want to have a Stax Sound i buy stax,but i decide to sell my 007 because the Jecklin with the Transformer is like a new dimension. 

I also buy a Quad 405 Amp from Quad-Germany to drive the Jecklin because I heard it and it works absolutly fantastic.

As good as the 007 Combo is the Jecklin is another Step.Another Step because it is not a circumaural System.This is the key.floatsmile.png

 

all circumaural systems like do have its own Sound. If you hear Stax like mine 007 you cant believe that there is somthing like a own sound. In this Case it is much much better as the most dynamic ones. But the Jecklin shows you immediately that even the best Systems like Stax do have a own Sound. 

Before I heard the Jecklin QA I can´t believe it but it is like exactly that.  


Edited by Sam73 - 10/18/12 at 4:41am
post #155 of 663

I have paid the second payment and Manfred said that we may have to wait for more days

and they are working hard on the production.   I responded that please take  time to make the best Jecklin Float QA for us.  

I also purchased another amplifier ZH230 for this Jecklin Float to make sure that it has enough driving power.

post #156 of 663

I believe the bias voltage for the floats is 1200/1500 so its not compatible with the Stax 580. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycalgary View Post

I want a pair but I do not want a 10kg power supply. Will anyone be making an adapter so they can be run out of a Stax amp?
 

 

I dont think the Stax amplifiers impose any house Stax sound on the headphones as they can be used very successfully with other makes of electrostatic headphones which are compatible like the Sennheiser HD600

 

So can you say how the new QA floats sound in comparison to the original as the concept is broadly similar, just more modern materials and different style of headband?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam73 View Post

 

First it is not only a powersuppIy it is a Transformer . I want it because I heard it and I want the Jecklin Sound exact this way.  When I want to have a Stax Sound i buy stax,but i decide to sell my 007 because the Jecklin with the Transformer is like a new dimension. 

I also buy a Quad 405 Amp from Quad-Germany to drive the Jecklin because I heard it and it works absolutly fantastic.

As good as the 007 Combo is the Jecklin is another Step.Another Step because it is not a circumaural System.This is the key.floatsmile.png

 

all circumaural systems like do have its own Sound. If you hear Stax like mine 007 you cant believe that there is somthing like a own sound. In this Case it is much much better as the most dynamic ones. But the Jecklin shows you immediately that even the best Systems like Stax do have a own Sound. 

Before I heard the Jecklin QA I can´t believe it but it is like exactly that.  

post #157 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by complin View Post

 

I dont think the Stax amplifiers impose any house Stax sound on the headphones as they can be used very successfully with other makes of electrostatic headphones which are compatible like the Sennheiser HD600

 

 

You mean the Sennheiser HE60, right? : P

 

But yeah, I'm personally very skeptical when I start reading about how the Float QA is supposedly the world's first truly uncolored headphone. Vague statements like "takes things to a new level" and "better than X or Y" without any further qualifiers set off red flags for a lot of people as being little more than hype. It's especially telling when certain people confess that they haven't even heard the SR-009 before declaring these to be "better than all 'stats."

 

I appreciate that people want to share their enthusiasm, and given that this product is limited to German audiences thus far, I realize that these impressions will be from people whose first language isn't English. However it would be a very big help if these impressions could qualify things a bit more. For instance what Stax are we talking about? Driven from what amp? I'd like to see someone do a direct comparison between these and the SR-009 driven from the LL, BHSE, Electra, or T2.

 

Hopefully I can do just that soon when my order is finished. : P

post #158 of 663

Yes I do mean HE60, ........ I had HD600 in my brain as someone had just asked me a question about the latter confused.gif

 

Yes I totally agree with your concerns.  Statements like "the best headphone i've ever heard", worlds best, better than xyz but then i've never actually heard that model.   

 

I have had exactly the same remarks and conversation with forum member michaelxray or   Otwin as he is known elsewhere.  I have asked the same questions of the German forum where some of these rather florid descriptions originated.  However; when you actually ask for facts an answer is evaded or excuses given.

I wish people would just state the facts and say eg I think its a great headphone and have experience of X, Y and Z but cant comment on A as i've never heard it!

 

This is i'm afraid par for the course on many forums, people will recommend or critique equipment they have no first hand experience of.  Its how the legends of myths and fashions of the internet get created and get quoted as fact. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

You mean the Sennheiser HE60, right? : P

 

But yeah, I'm personally very skeptical when I start reading about how the Float QA is supposedly the world's first truly uncolored headphone. Vague statements like "takes things to a new level" and "better than X or Y" without any further qualifiers set off red flags for a lot of people as being little more than hype. It's especially telling when certain people confess that they haven't even heard the SR-009 before declaring these to be "better than all 'stats."

 

I appreciate that people want to share their enthusiasm, and given that this product is limited to German audiences thus far, I realize that these impressions will be from people whose first language isn't English. However it would be a very big help if these impressions could qualify things a bit more. For instance what Stax are we talking about? Driven from what amp? I'd like to see someone do a direct comparison between these and the SR-009 driven from the LL, BHSE, Electra, or T2.

 

Hopefully I can do just that soon when my order is finished. : P


Edited by complin - 10/18/12 at 8:05am
post #159 of 663

The hype spewed by those individuals has indeed done a lot of damage to these headphones as most of the high end scene walked away.  I also must say I'm skeptical as sure, these might be an upgrade over the Jecklin PS2's but they were pretty terrible to say the least.  I'd love to be proven wrong though... 

 

The KGSSHV/BHSE/T2 will have no trouble driving these but they will need a new bias supply and possibly a change of output protection resistors.   A KGSSHV running at +/-500V will be the easiest to modify as a simple voltage tripler of the B+ is all you need to drive these through a 22M ballast resistor if I remember correctly. 

post #160 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer View Post

Jecklin PS2's but they were pretty terrible to say the least. 

 

 

What's wrong with the PS2?? What would be a better replacement? 

post #161 of 663
Thread Starter 

First i have to say that i realy understand your Skepsis! But the only way to find out something is to hear it for yourself.

 

It does not matter what others do or write about something. I know People they write a lot in Forums and it seems that they absolutely Cracks... until you visited these People for the first time! UHHPSSS!

 

I write here about my personal experience and decision but at the end, each People must do their own experience.
 

I have told only my opinion! Just as everyone can just share his view.

Moreover, I have spoken to some of the visitors of the Quad festival. All this people have been a long time with High-End Headphones, including the old Jecklin or various Stax .

 

I can tell you that I could not find anyone from these who wasn´t absolutly impressed from the new Jecklin.

 

But that is all rubbish because you have to decide!

 

After hearing the Jecklin you can say you like Stax or something else more or not. It does not matter to me because

 

 my vote for Jecklin will not change.   


Edited by Sam73 - 10/18/12 at 10:38am
post #162 of 663

Please don't take our comments too much to heart as we do appreciate you sharing your experiences.

What has helped is that you have put some of your comments into more context !

 

 

"Moreover, I have spoken to some of the visitors of the Quad festivalAll this people have been a long time with High-End Headphones, including the old Jecklin or various StaxI can tell you that I could not find anyone from these who wasn´t absolutely impressed from the new Jecklin."

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam73 View Post

First i have to say that i realy understand your Skepsis! But the only way to find out something is to hear it for yourself.

 

It does not matter what others do or write about something. I know People they write a lot in Forums and it seems that they absolutely Cracks... until you visited these People for the first time! UHHPSSS!

 

I write here about my personal experience and decision but at the end, each People must do their own experience.
 

I have told only my opinion! Just as everyone can just share his view.

Moreover, I have spoken to some of the visitors of the Quad festival. All this people have been a long time with High-End Headphones, including the old Jecklin or various Stax .

 

I can tell you that I could not find anyone from these who wasn´t absolutly impressed from the new Jecklin.

 

But that is all rubbish because you have to decide!

 

After hearing the Jecklin you can say you like Stax or something else more or not. It does not matter to me because

 

 my vote for Jecklin will not change.   

post #163 of 663

I do think you are being very over critical here Birgir

 

Whilst I agree the original floats don't have the finesse or bass response of the high end Stax, and cant as they don't seal with the ear, with a good power amp and decent recording they can be quite magical.  The Floats have a very different presentation to almost any other headphone I can name, but I can name a huge number that under-perform them!  I use mine of a powerful tube EAR Yoshino speaker amp. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer View Post

I also must say I'm skeptical as sure, these might be an upgrade over the Jecklin PS2's but they were pretty terrible to say the least.  I'd love to be proven wrong though... 

 


Edited by complin - 10/18/12 at 1:15pm
post #164 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin40 View Post

What's wrong with the PS2?? What would be a better replacement? 

 

Pretty much anything Stax have ever made performs better than the PS2.  The biggest problem is the bass which is partially due to the driver design and the horrible chassis design.  There is really nothing that holds the drivers in place so lots of stored energy with nowhere to dissipate to.  The open baffle nature isn't helping matters either the back and front waves cancel each other out.  The top end isn't by any means better but the at least it isn't quite as annoying.  These impressions were all done off a modified Blue Hawaii as the transformer boxes are quite poor. 

post #165 of 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by complin View Post

I do think you are being very over critical here Birgir

 

, with a good power amp and decent recording they can be quite magical.  The Floats have a very different presentation to almost any other headphone I can name,

 

 

I agree. It's important to set up with the correct power amp.

 

Also why is a 'Stax' fan on a Float thread? I wouldn't chat about Stax as i don't like them. Each to their own tastes?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Jecklin Float QA !!!