Originally Posted by nanaholic
So after about 60 days of waiting I got my pair of 335 from DMA as well. I got a perfect fit, no issues at all, in fact I would say I got a better seal than my current JH16 (which to be fair, the JH16 is now a year old, so my ears could have changed). Why I'm mentioning this is because before there were people who seemed to have gotten a bit defensive in regards to Jaben HK's staff having been specially trained by Suyama-san himself vs getting the ear impressions made by supposedly non-authorized audiologist. So now my (anecdotal evidence) is that it most probably doesn't make a difference - or at least not as a big of a difference as it is blown up to be. My friend will be picking up his pair of 335 from DMA tomorrow with ear impressions made by yet another audiologist completely different to mine, it's going to be interesting to see how his turns out.
Oh and in the end I saved HK$1000 by buying from DMA instead of Jaben HK. So make your own decision.
In all honesty, there are a few things that you should be aware of:-
- DMA were not suppose to sell the 335 to you, as they did not have a demo pair
- Suyama San flew over to Hong Kong to personally apologize to Jaben
- He also wrote a letter in apology and re iterate terms and conditions
- Now the real tightening up of overseas sales
- Even purchases in Japan requires receipt from FitEar authorized audiologists and refusals to sell to foreigners....without local address.