Here's the outline of what the review says; the reviewer is basically saying :
- A lot of bass quantity-wise, but it is extremely detailed. He mentioned that the level of detail is maintained even at high volumes. He thinks that bass is Monet's biggest strength.
- Dry and recessed mid-range, resulting in, in the reviewer's words, "instrument-like" vocals. Seems like mids is Monet's weakpoint.
- Peaky in the 10k-15k region. Edgy treble as a whole.
- As a whole the Monet has very good clarity and resolution. Instrument and channel separation is also good.
- Reviewer says that the Monet is not for people who like moderate amount of bass and ER-4-ish high-mids oriented sound.
Personally I think the review is spot-on; I had a chance to try Monet's demo unit and as far as I can remember it sounds like what is described in the review, except that I think its bass wasn't all that strong. Then again, I didn't spend a long time demoing it and I think I wasn't getting a good seal.