Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread - Page 285

post #4261 of 4275
Unless it's unusual or in grey area, it's normally quite easy to tell if it's wear and tear, damaged due to impact or manufacturing defects. Why not share a close up shot so that someone can pass to Fitear to judge.

IMPO, if it's indeed a manufacturing defect, then Fitear is obligated to honour its warranty. If not, it's reasonable expect to pay.
post #4262 of 4275
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikai1805 View Post
 


yep ive already pm him. waiting for his reply now.

I really hope things are resolved well for you.

I can imagine how horrible it must be for you, to pay a substantial amount of money, spend a long time waiting, for such trouble and lack of service coherence.


Let us know how it goes.

post #4263 of 4275
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikai1805 View Post
 


noted thanks.

understand where youre coming from, but its the truth I did not drop my ciem before and the piece the chipped off on the tissue. just to make it clear before others start making "useful" comment on this.

 

as you can see from my sig I don't update and I seldom post anything on forum. but im just disappointed with how J handles this issue and hoping to seek some useful opinion on how I should get this fixed.

 

no other intentions

 

any suggestion where can I get it done?


understand, as I said I don't mean to judge anyone.  However, that came off is really strange.  did you use very strong alcohol to clean?  I have seen people use a very high concentration alcohol on acrylic shell to clean and cause it to peel off.  Hope you didn't use it.  Anyway in fact it is really easy to do it your self.  You only need a few cheap tools that is use for nail polishing.  I don't know where you live but it should be easy to find.  One thing about Jaben is that if it is not big enough where you can't use the product anymore then they won't touch it.  Your problem is kind of cosmetic to them.  The cost that they charge you are mostly go toward the shipping&handling that they need to send it to Japan.  So that is understandable if they want to deny it. 

 

Can you PM me the hi-def picture of the problem.  I fix CIEM by my self for a while now as I have the UV lamp along with the acrylic lacquer to do adding the layer and file of the layer when I need it.  I have a few of old CIEM that I modified them to fit my ear. 

post #4264 of 4275
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpong View Post
 


understand, as I said I don't mean to judge anyone.  However, that came off is really strange.  did you use very strong alcohol to clean?  I have seen people use a very high concentration alcohol on acrylic shell to clean and cause it to peel off.  Hope you didn't use it.  Anyway in fact it is really easy to do it your self.  You only need a few cheap tools that is use for nail polishing.  I don't know where you live but it should be easy to find.  One thing about Jaben is that if it is not big enough where you can't use the product anymore then they won't touch it.  Your problem is kind of cosmetic to them.  The cost that they charge you are mostly go toward the shipping&handling that they need to send it to Japan.  So that is understandable if they want to deny it. 

 

Can you PM me the hi-def picture of the problem.  I fix CIEM by my self for a while now as I have the UV lamp along with the acrylic lacquer to do adding the layer and file of the layer when I need it.  I have a few of old CIEM that I modified them to fit my ear. 

 

That 'ridge' is very fragile, especially if your ear canal is narrow. I wouldn't be surprised if he broke it while inserting the pin used for cleaning.

 

I would advise to go to a professional to have it fixed. The technique used to create the 'ridge' might be difficult for DIY.

post #4265 of 4275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
 

I really hope things are resolved well for you.

I can imagine how horrible it must be for you, to pay a substantial amount of money, spend a long time waiting, for such trouble and lack of service coherence.


Let us know how it goes.

 

thanks will update everyone

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danpong View Post
 


understand, as I said I don't mean to judge anyone.  However, that came off is really strange.  did you use very strong alcohol to clean?  I have seen people use a very high concentration alcohol on acrylic shell to clean and cause it to peel off.  Hope you didn't use it.  Anyway in fact it is really easy to do it your self.  You only need a few cheap tools that is use for nail polishing.  I don't know where you live but it should be easy to find.  One thing about Jaben is that if it is not big enough where you can't use the product anymore then they won't touch it.  Your problem is kind of cosmetic to them.  The cost that they charge you are mostly go toward the shipping&handling that they need to send it to Japan.  So that is understandable if they want to deny it. 

 

Can you PM me the hi-def picture of the problem.  I fix CIEM by my self for a while now as I have the UV lamp along with the acrylic lacquer to do adding the layer and file of the layer when I need it.  I have a few of old CIEM that I modified them to fit my ear. 

 

hmm I'll try to get one later when I get home. thanks

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieu View Post
 

 

That 'ridge' is very fragile, especially if your ear canal is narrow. I wouldn't be surprised if he broke it while inserting the pin used for cleaning.

 

I would advise to go to a professional to have it fixed. The technique used to create the 'ridge' might be difficult for DIY.

hmm, but when that occur I didn't insert the pin. was just rubbing with tissue that's all

true true, especially for someone with no experience in diy-ing


Edited by kaikai1805 - 3/16/15 at 12:18am
post #4266 of 4275

Just curious, by using "tissue" to clean your fitear, do you mean dry tissue or those wet tissue with cleaning liquid on them?

post #4267 of 4275
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkppl View Post
 

Just curious, by using "tissue" to clean your fitear, do you mean dry tissue or those wet tissue with cleaning liquid on them?


just normal dry tissue

post #4268 of 4275
excuse me, can someone of you do me a quick comparison between the mh334, mh335dw, and the fitear aya? as I'm tempted to pull the trigger of one of them, although i might not be able to upgrade the 335 to SR version since my ear canal is kinda small, thanks! smily_headphones1.gif
post #4269 of 4275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone View Post

excuse me, can someone of you do me a quick comparison between the mh334, mh335dw, and the fitear aya? as I'm tempted to pull the trigger of one of them, although i might not be able to upgrade the 335 to SR version since my ear canal is kinda small, thanks! smily_headphones1.gif

 

Why don't you go & demo those iems? Its better to trust your ears, after all.

post #4270 of 4275
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post

Would like to urge everyone here to be kind and sensitive in your words to other members.

If there's anything that you feel inappropriate, you may want to PM the member rather than to degenerate this thread into a tripartite argument.

Agreed.
Rather than voicing grievances here, I suggest maybe confronting FitEar in person eg. audio festivals, for answers. More effective that way.
post #4271 of 4275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATSCODE View Post
 

 

Why don't you go & demo those iems? Its better to trust your ears, after all.

 

sadly, there's no Jaben or any other audio shop where I live since it's a somewhat small town, to go the nearest city where they have Jaben would take about 6 to 8 hours travel just to get there

post #4272 of 4275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone View Post
 

sadly, there's no Jaben or any other audio shop where I live since it's a somewhat small town, to go the nearest city where they have Jaben would take about 6 to 8 hours travel just to get there

 

Ultimately, you're still heading down to the Jaben there to purchase it, no?

post #4273 of 4275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATSCODE View Post
 

 

Ultimately, you're still heading down to the Jaben there to purchase it, no?

 

I don't think I will, I've got some relatives that lives in Japan and usually I went there if I'm on holiday

post #4274 of 4275

Hello Khai,

 

Firstly, let me apologize for any misunderstanding and miscommunication on our side. Perhaps we have expressed ourselves badly and it has led to this unhappy situation.

 

I am not always in and I am sorry I was not there to take care of your needs.

 

While it is true that there is a warranty, all warranties are conditional and are subject to terms and conditions. In the case of customs, we would have to send back to the manufacturer for an assessment hence it is not possible for us to make an instant quote. To obtain an assessment the item has to be sent away.

 

Claire followed up with a call to you about two weeks ago after your visit and we are still waiting for you to bring the item in so we can address the problem.

 

Do let me know when you will be here and I will personally attend to you.

 

Looking forward to seeing you.

 

Regards, Wilson

 

post #4275 of 4275

Kudos to Wilson for tackling this issue. Shows the trust one can place in Jaben and shows his own business practices and ethics. Owe you a biryani soon Sir.

rgds,

 

Sid

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread