Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread - Page 230

post #3436 of 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post
 

 

It is unfortunate when the demo is not an accurate reflection of the actual CIEM. I recall there were similar complaints in respect of the demo 435 that was in Jaben Singapore. :rolleyes:

OMG Kiats don't tell me that!!! So the pair at Jaben SG are not representative of the actual CIEM!!!!! After taking so so long to make the decision and auditioning so much gear! God do I really have to start this all over again! ;(

post #3437 of 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieu View Post
 

So you're getting the MH334? no interest in the upcoming universals?

Universals are fine and all, but idk. I can't wait for the new universals. 

 

Right now I'm "safe" with the MH334 sound, but what makes me wonder is if "by chance" the custom C435/MH335DW would sound much different than the demos. If they're pretty much spot on I wont change it. I have a day window to change my order...

post #3438 of 4044
When I demo'ed the 335DW, it was relatively bassy with not much treble extension. The custom was much more balanced, though still had that warm character that made me order it in the first place. Based on that one experience, I'd say the demo only give a hint of the custom's flavour, but everything pretty much improves once you get that seal that comes with a made-to-measure unit.

It was a bit of a blind leap on my part, since I felt the 334 demo was more balanced than the 335DW, but in the end I opted for the latter because I liked the body it gave the lower frequencies, particularly with the type of music I often listen to.

Having said that, the demo experience probably varies from person to person. Our ears are all shaped differently, after all. I suppose you could get a demo to sound closer to the custom if you played with different tips and whatnot. FitEars are probably one of the less "risky" demo experiences due to the way they extend into on your ear canals, which is quite shallow compared to most of the other brands.
Edited by kurochin - 7/11/14 at 5:27pm
post #3439 of 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by designmaniac View Post

OMG Kiats don't tell me that!!! So the pair at Jaben SG are not representative of the actual CIEM!!!!! After taking so so long to make the decision and auditioning so much gear! God do I really have to start this all over again! ;(

I wouldn't worry about it: like I said, there were complaints. I didn't say if they were credible. ;p in any event, Jaben had the demos sent back and checked and it measured fine. So, how are you keeping, my friend? When is your custom going to be ready? & popping by any time soon?
post #3440 of 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Universals are fine and all, but idk. I can't wait for the new universals. 

Right now I'm "safe" with the MH334 sound, but what makes me wonder is if "by chance" the custom C435/MH335DW would sound much different than the demos. If they're pretty much spot on I wont change it. I have a day window to change my order...

Congrats! Glad you have decided to take a chance on customs. My experience is that the custom, because it is fitted for your ears, is better. That has been my experience with the 435, 333 and finally the MH334. I am currently awaiting delivery of the 335DW. I will report back if the trend continues. smily_headphones1.gif
post #3441 of 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurochin View Post

FitEars are probably one of the less "risky" demo experiences due to the way they extend into on your ear canals, which is quite shallow compared to most of the other brands.

 

I remember that Anakchan had an experience between the demo unit and the actual custom of the SR-variant that is so different that prompted him to send his 335 back for 'checkup'.


Edited by uelover - 7/11/14 at 6:40pm
post #3442 of 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post

I remember that Anakchan had an experience between the demo unit and the actual custom of the SR-variant that is so different that prompted him to send his 335 back for 'checkup'.

That is true. That was discussed a few pages back. However, happily, the general experience has been that the actual customs have proved to be better than the experience with the demo.

So, when is your custom coming, UELover? smily_headphones1.gif
post #3443 of 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post

So, when is your custom coming, UELover? smily_headphones1.gif

Jaben informed me to be prepared to wait for another 1-2 months. I have already been waiting over 2 months.
post #3444 of 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post

Jaben informed me to be prepared to wait for another 1-2 months. I have already been waiting over 2 months.

Ah... Oh well... At least it'll be worth the wait. smily_headphones1.gif
post #3445 of 4044

Just out of pure curiousity. Let's pretend there isn't a FitEar pro line for musicians. Which phone do you think singers would use?

 

*that was a dumb question :>

 

Let's change it to this: Which model would suit ea person in a band?


Edited by EveTan - 7/12/14 at 12:26am
post #3446 of 4044
333 or 335?
post #3447 of 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post
 

Trigger pulled. Thanks to Gavin for the warm welcome in HK!

 

After much thought, I just couldn't see myself using anything other than the 334. 

The 435 really wasn't for me. Although I could hear much more of everything, sometimes it just doesn't work out. 

 

Most of my music does seem to consist of bad recordings, making the voices sound strained on the 435s and some instruments sound chaotic :<. 

 

Although alot is lost on the 334 and it doesn't have the same grandeur (soundstaging/layering/detail) as the 435, there is a sort of "simplistic" beauty from it, where all chaos is blocked out and I can focus on what I love most: the melodic voices.

 

 

Congrats on the 334. I am sure you will love this custom iem. Do try out some 3rd party cables. It may just give you that extra touch of omph that you are looking for. I am using the one by Wagnus. Don't know what the cable is made of but I like what I hear  :D

post #3448 of 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


I wouldn't worry about it: like I said, there were complaints. I didn't say if they were credible. ;p in any event, Jaben had the demos sent back and checked and it measured fine. So, how are you keeping, my friend? When is your custom going to be ready? & popping by any time soon?

Not sure when ready… and hopefully be back sometime early September. Just trying to work it all out at the moment. Apart from that ok. Thesis time at Uni so not so much teaching and a bit quitter than usual thank goodness! How about you!? 

post #3449 of 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by designmaniac View Post

Not sure when ready… and hopefully be back sometime early September. Just trying to work it all out at the moment. Apart from that ok. Thesis time at Uni so not so much teaching and a bit quitter than usual thank goodness! How about you!? 

Good! My courses are in semester 2 so no such worries until next calendar year. smily_headphones1.gif

My 335 will probably arrive about same time as yours or slightly later. smily_headphones1.gif Right now having fun with the Final Audio Design Lab1 and the Calyx M. & tweaking the desktop rig: refining the sound out of the JPS Abyss, which you should really try when you get here. Claire brought in a Cavalli Liquid Gold to pair with the Abyss. Hopefully it'll be nicely burnt in when you get here. smily_headphones1.gif

Let me know when plans are firmed up and we can catch up!
post #3450 of 4044
Anyone using uber cable for 335? Got a deal for this cable around 40% off but i need to demo it. At least some impression for what i should expect from it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread