or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread - Page 184

post #2746 of 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post

Hi Lukalop.  If you don't have faith in people's impressions regarding higher performance of AK, I suggest trying them out if you can run into them at a meet or etc.. I had a chance to audition it with UERM, and will have to say there is noticeable improvement over my Galaxy S4, so I'm a believer in good sources even for highly efficient IEMs.  I think the improvement depends on the phones, and if the phones does not scale up, AK is not necessary IMO as I didn't thought the UE900 has a limit to how refined the sound is, and UERM goes beyond it.

So, I don't listen to people that say, it measures well so therefore it should all sound the same.  I think there is more to it than that.  Possibly these measurements do not provide the info that the designers take into account.
Not sure if you are aware of this but as it stands, UK is absolutely useless for auditioning gear. No meets here.
post #2747 of 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by manatworks View Post

Actually i need to add more detail about that.
I ordered it from Jaben in Thailand after 6 months of long inner discussion if i should get one or not : P

Good choice!
Edited by sutjahjo - 4/27/14 at 5:24pm
post #2748 of 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post

Not sure if you are aware of this but as it stands, UK is absolutely useless for auditioning gear. No meets here.

My general advice is always to audition before buying. If it's impossible, I dare say amongst many friends, no one has regretted buying an AK240 yet. Not necessarily asking you to jump the gun but AK240 is really very good.
post #2749 of 4916

The FitEar Melomane universal is on its way. It'll be interesting comparing it to the Parterre and my other custom FitEars.

 

Now if Suyama-san would just release the universal Monet....


Edited by MuppetFace - 4/28/14 at 5:19am
post #2750 of 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

The FitEar Melomane universal is on its way. It'll be interesting comparing it to the Parterre and my other custom FitEars.

Now if Suyama-san would just release the universal Monet....

Nice!
post #2751 of 4916
So I guess this is a public confession so I won't turn back on my word (really hope I don't haha).

I'm not going to be purchasing a FitEar custom for the following reasons

1) price/0 resale value - gonna be a college student next year. Will never know when my funds will start running out.
2) weight - ok I admit, I've been putting on quite a few pounds these last two stressful highschool years. Alot of late night snacks to keep me awake. I will definitely work to lose them. So that would probably severely change my ear canal shape. Hence the custom route is now on standby.
3) universals - well, I do have the Tg334s and I have to say that they aren't half bad (that was sarcasm). So yeah, positive feelings about future universals by FitEar...especially the Monet...for, well obvious reasons. Ahem


Can't think of any more, but these feel like solid reasons.

Even though I already booked my flight to HK, I guess I'll just use that time for sightseeing. Perhaps I may have enough time to meet up with some head-fiers there and demo some stuff. I'll be going to Beijing after that soon enough though to visit family.

Oh and thanks to all that took the time to read this. It's not the most interesting subject anyways.
post #2752 of 4916
Thread Starter 
IMHO, I'd personally say get yourself to HK or TK first, listen to all the demos - universals and CIEM demos - then decide later.
post #2753 of 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

IMHO, I'd personally say get yourself to HK or TK first, listen to all the demos - universals and CIEM demos - then decide later.

Well said!
post #2754 of 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

2) weight - ok I admit, I've been putting on quite a few pounds these last two stressful highschool years. Alot of late night snacks to keep me awake. I will definitely work to lose them. So that would probably severely change my ear canal shape. Hence the custom route is now on standby.

I've never put much consideration into weight because I'm already at that age where my body doesn't change much, but it's definitely a bigger factor for younger people like yourself, especially if you're still growing.

In any case, you still have your TG!334, which means you still have an IEM that's among the best out there, so there's no shame in just sticking with them. Think of all the music you can buy with the money you'll be saving.

Still, it's a good idea to visit the dealers in HK to try out the demos. Experience is good.
Edited by kurochin - 4/29/14 at 4:12am
post #2755 of 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurochin View Post

I've never put much consideration into weight because I'm already at that age where my body doesn't change much, but it's definitely a bigger factor for younger people like yourself, especially if you're still growing.

In any case, you still have your TG!334, which means you still have an IEM that's among the best out there, so there's no shame in just sticking with them. Think of all the music you can buy with the money you'll be saving.

Still, it's a good idea to visit the dealers in HK to try out the demos. Experience is good.

Do you reckon the audio scene is still improving? I previously asked in another forum whether or not there are still persistent improvements to audio technology and the resounding answer was no. If that is the case, what is the point in (same)grading' your IEMs if it is already good? Unless the newer version is an improvement. Seems like a waste of money, I don't understand.
post #2756 of 4916
Who said old ppl will not gain weight? My pants certainly tell me to hit the gym more often haha
post #2757 of 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

IMHO, I'd personally say get yourself to HK or TK first, listen to all the demos - universals and CIEM demos - then decide later.

I m sure others like cosmo would agree that living in HK is really both a blessing and a curse.... too many convenient demos/shops but too little money!!
post #2758 of 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post

Do you reckon the audio scene is still improving? I previously asked in another forum whether or not there are still persistent improvements to audio technology and the resounding answer was no. If that is the case, what is the point in (same)grading' your IEMs if it is already good? Unless the newer version is an improvement. Seems like a waste of money, I don't understand.

Just a few years ago, CIEMs were absolute bollocks. Now the best of them compare favorably with flagship full-size headphones. That's improvement right there, is it not? Obviously, the closer the gap between upgrades/generations, the smaller the gains, plus there's always the possibility in that an upgrade might bring it's own set of regressions (cough, LCD3). That's why you try and decide for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

Who said old ppl will not gain weight? My pants certainly tell me to hit the gym more often haha

I said it's a bigger factor for younger people. Doesn't mean it's a non factor for other age groups. Just that the young are prone to unannounced spurts (both sideways and upwards) more often.
Edited by kurochin - 4/29/14 at 5:15am
post #2759 of 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

I m sure others like cosmo would agree that living in HK is really both a blessing and a curse.... too many convenient demos/shops but too little money!!
Hell yeah.. Our living environment sort of steer us into head fi/portable more so than traditional hifi....cant speak for the same for Gavin cos I think he has warehouse and palace for his reference system hehe

I think fitear custom is good investment especially if the dude is not gonna invest in source/amp...they are so sensitive and easy to drive..
post #2760 of 4916
Dont worry about gaining weight..
Fitear customs r so expensive that after u collect them all u wont have $ for your 4th or 5th meal per day...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread