Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread - Page 182

post #2716 of 3720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post

Hmm
Then what exactly is the point in having say 12 or 10, even 8 drivers. Why does FitEar use double woofers to begin with? By your logic the Private 333 & F111 should suffice so I do not understand what advantage the MH334/5 or C435 would have over them. What you're saying is there only needs to be one driver for each frequency band?
There are 3-speed automatic cars and there are 7-speed ones. There are cars with 4 cylinder engines and cars with 12 cylinders.
post #2717 of 3720
Not all balanced armature drivers are the same. The two most popular suppliers, Knowles and Sonion, typically offer many different drivers that cover similar frequencies, all of which vary in performance, size, etc. Take different brand CIEMs and look at them closely through transparent/translucent shells. In some cases, you'll notice that a single bass driver on one brand's model might be as big as (or even bigger than) the two or three bass drivers on the other brand's offering.
Edited by kurochin - 4/24/14 at 7:49am
post #2718 of 3720
Simple fact, that buying headphones simply doesn't work by looking at meaningless number given by any manufacturers. Most bs their fr range and gives number that looks good for the less educated buyers. Even for independent third party measurements, take them with care.

Best way to judge it is by your own ear.
post #2719 of 3720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post

Simple fact, that buying headphones simply doesn't work by looking at meaningless number given by any manufacturers. Most bs their fr range and gives number that looks good for the less educated buyers. Even for independent third party measurements, take them with care.

Best way to judge it is by your own ear.

+1
post #2720 of 3720
suyama san is making good progress with the 3d printing ciem. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2721 of 3720
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie0904 View Post

suyama san is making good progress with the 3d printing ciem. smily_headphones1.gif

What will this lead to?  Will it lead to people outside Japan getting CIEMs made from remote order? 

post #2722 of 3720

How was the Hidition NT 6 compare to C435?

post #2723 of 3720
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post

What will this lead to?  Will it lead to people outside Japan getting CIEMs made from remote order? 

not sure. but I doubt it would happen.

but seems like they have the tg335 and tg333 coming.
post #2724 of 3720

The 3d print will be an interesting idea for CIEMs. Imagine Fitear could simply put the 3d printer in their local dealers shop, and let them print the CIEMs for the local customers. Of course, there are still lots of things to consider, e.g. how to share the profit, maintenance procedures/costs etc...

post #2725 of 3720
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie0904 View Post

not sure. but I doubt it would happen.

but seems like they have the tg335 and tg333 coming.

Truly exciting times ahead. Though I wonder if it would be tuned as the TG! 335DWSR with titanium tubes or simply the TG! 335DW...

post #2726 of 3720
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenG View Post

Truly exciting times ahead. Though I wonder if it would be tuned as the TG! 335DWSR with titanium tubes or simply the TG! 335DW...

I would buy that as a backup. biggrin.gif
post #2727 of 3720
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenG View Post

Truly exciting times ahead. Though I wonder if it would be tuned as the TG! 335DWSR with titanium tubes or simply the TG! 335DW...

that would be amazing. I think the 335 demo that I heard was a SR demo cause it sounds nothing like the 335 I tried b4.
post #2728 of 3720
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie0904 View Post


not sure. but I doubt it would happen.

but seems like they have the tg335 and tg333 coming.

 

sic links. wanna know what suyama is up to. been holding on the purchase of mh335dw for quite some time.

post #2729 of 3720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiikamaru View Post
 

 

sic links. wanna know what suyama is up to. been holding on the purchase of mh335dw for quite some time.


If TG335 is coming, I better make a plan to rob a bank :D

 

PS: Obviously this post has a high amount of joke in it, I am not serious on robbing a bank so don't send Belgian polices to my house :happy_face1:

post #2730 of 3720
Ordered 335DW and get my ear impression done today! This will be my 2nd ciem.
Do you guys got any recommendation or player of choice to go with this one?

Now if only next 5 weeks will come faster.........
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread