Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread - Page 162

post #2416 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post

Has anyone ever found air bubbles in their Fitears?

 

I can't see any in any of mine... 

post #2417 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

I found a few in my MH335DW.

For this sole reason I have been put off getting CIEMs, if I'm paying a premium I would expects there not to be any defects with the product. Why are there all these reports regarding air bubbles, is the build quality not up to scratch?
post #2418 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post


For this sole reason I have been put off getting CIEMs, if I'm paying a premium I would expects there not to be any defects with the product. Why are there all these reports regarding air bubbles, is the build quality not up to scratch?

 

Unlike the other makers, who leave the shell empty, Fitear fills them up with acrylic. I reckon that when you pour something viscous like that into the shell, some bubbles do form. It has nothing to do with build quality. The IEMs themselves are smooth and nicely polished. If you look at some other makes where there are sharp edges, fit issues, etc, those would be issues with build quality. Nothing is perfect. But Fitear do have among the highest build quality amongst the makes of customs.

post #2419 of 3508

No air-bubbles on my 335DW either. I don't have much experience with owning customs (the FitEar is my first), but have sampled quite a few demo units over the past year at various dealerships and shows, and the FitEar demos always looked the best-finished and least worn out.

post #2420 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurochin View Post
 

No air-bubbles on my 335DW either. I don't have much experience with owning customs (the FitEar is my first), but have sampled quite a few demo units over the past year at various dealerships and shows, and the FitEar demos always looked the best-finished and least worn out.

 

Agreed, Kurochin. Fitears are about the most well made customs I've come across.

post #2421 of 3508
There are a few very tiny ones, have to really scrutinise under different lighting.
post #2422 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by delancyst View Post

There are a few very tiny ones, have to really scrutinise under different lighting.

 

Thank goodness for age and long-sightedness.... :blink:

post #2423 of 3508

If they are only few and tiny bubbles, and need special lights to discover, and they do not really affect the SQ, I will simply ignore them and enjoy my musics thru the CIEM :o2smile:

 

Btw, I don't see any bubbles thru normal lights on my MH335DW. The comfort and SQ even improved after half year of usage. Now waiting for my SW cable to arrive, 6 weeks to go... :o

post #2424 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkppl View Post

If they are only few and tiny bubbles, and need special lights to discover, and they do not really affect the SQ, I will simply ignore them and enjoy my musics thru the CIEM o2smile.gif

Btw, I don't see any bubbles thru normal lights on my MH335DW. The comfort and SQ even improved after half year of usage. Now waiting for my SW cable to arrive, 6 weeks to go... redface.gif

I agree! wink.gif

Oh you will love the SW: very smooth and refined. Bummer is that it takes about 500 hours to fully burn in...
post #2425 of 3508

I AM CONSIDERING AK120 AND CHORD HUGO NOW

AK120+MH335DW,

CHORD HUGO + GALAXY NOTE3 +MH335DW,

WHICH ONE IS BETTER?

post #2426 of 3508
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxnaeun View Post
 

I am considering AK120 and Chord Hugo now

AK120+MH335DW,

Chord Hugo + Galaxy Note3 +MH335DW,

Which one is better?

 

Hi Roxnaeun,

 

It's kind of hard to define "better" because different listeners have different tastes. personally for me I had the AK120 for about 6+ months & I've owned the MH335DW for about 1 year now. Subsequently I sold my AK120 in favour of the NW-ZX1 in that the ZX1 seemed to have an improved soundstage and to what I perceive to be a slightly brighter side of neutral which balances out the MH335DW nicely.

I did demo the Chord Hugo but with the iPad as a source briefly at an event. I felt the Hugo to be quite precise and surgical. It's definitely a combination that I'd like to explore more in a more controlled environment. Some early reports mentioned the Hugo had a hiss but I didn't notice it in my brief demo.

 

Note that with the recent release of 128GB microSDs you could have 2x128GB+64GB (320GB) in the AK240 whereas with your Note3 you'll be limited to the 128GB microSD + 32/64GB (160GB/192GB) if that matters. Also, I'm not cetain what the battery drain will be on the Note3 when coupled with the Hugo. Something you'll need to check in the Hugo thread.

post #2427 of 3508

Thank you,I think i need to try all of them first .


Edited by roxnaeun - 3/14/14 at 5:13am
post #2428 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Hi Roxnaeun,

It's kind of hard to define "better" because different listeners have different tastes. personally for me I had the AK120 for about 6+ months & I've owned the MH335DW for about 1 year now. Subsequently I sold my AK120 in favour of the NW-ZX1 in that the ZX1 seemed to have an improved soundstage and to what I perceive to be a slightly brighter side of neutral which balances out the MH335DW nicely.


I did demo the Chord Hugo but with the iPad as a source briefly at an event. I felt the Hugo to be quite precise and surgical. It's definitely a combination that I'd like to explore more in a more controlled environment. Some early reports mentioned the Hugo had a hiss but I didn't notice it in my brief demo.

Note that with the recent release of 128GB microSDs you could have 2x128GB+64GB (320GB) in the AK240 whereas with your Note3 you'll be limited to the 128GB microSD + 32/64GB (160GB/192GB) if that matters. Also, I'm not cetain what the battery drain will be on the Note3 when coupled with the Hugo. Something you'll need to check in the Hugo thread.

Agree with AnakChan. It's all a question iof synergy between the various parts of the chain. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2429 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

I found a few in my MH335DW.

Do you think this is acceptable. I have never heard a report where Shure SE's have air bubbles in them. And they are a lot cheaper..
post #2430 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post




Do you think this is acceptable. I have never heard a report where Shure SE's have air bubbles in them. And they are a lot cheaper..


Comparing machine made universals to hand made customs.

 

Dude, it is 2014, come on wake up.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread