Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread - Page 17

post #241 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Then take the same bespoke CIEM and have it done in Japan. You could go over 4k $.

 

Assuming you could convince someone like Suyama to do it, which you probably couldn't. In my experience Chinese manufacturers are usually a lot more open to the idea of one-offs, for whatever reason.

post #242 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

Assuming you could convince someone like Suyama to do it, which you probably couldn't. In my experience Chinese manufacturers are usually a lot more open to the idea of one-offs, for whatever reason.

Did you end up getting the 335s?

post #243 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

Assuming you could convince someone like Suyama to do it, which you probably couldn't. In my experience Chinese manufacturers are usually a lot more open to the idea of one-offs, for whatever reason.


I think it is because Chinese manufacturers consider they are still learning, so to them it is like you are financing their R&D.

post #244 of 3625
I'm considering the PRM because of the "make-your-own-sound" thing with it. Very interested and also I don't feel as if my other IEMs can really match the MH335DW.

EDIT:
Also I am interested in the PP6 but I like amping my CIEMs and having just one amp for the PP6 doesn't really put it at the top of the list.
Edited by VisceriousZERO - 2/21/13 at 11:36pm
post #245 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

EDIT:
Also I am interested in the PP6 but I like amping my CIEMs and having just one amp for the PP6 doesn't really put it at the top of the list.

 

Supposedly an adapter is in the works that lets you use it with any amp you like.

post #246 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

Supposedly an adapter is in the works that lets you use it with any amp you like.


Yes, but the adapter will be a passive crossover to use on the go without the box as I understand it, which make the PP6 more or less a slightly improved Miracle and thus negates the whole benefit of having the active crossover.

post #247 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Yes, but the adapter will be a passive crossover to use on the go without the box as I understand it, which make the PP6 more or less a slightly improved Miracle and thus negates the whole benefit of having the active crossover.

 

I was under the impression the active crossover would be built into the adapter, which is theoretically possible. Otherwise it seems weird they'd be taking so long to release the thing (which last I heard is planned "for the future" with no determinate release thus far?).

 

Humorously enough, given how awful reports of the box have been a passive adapter feeding it into another amp just might sound better than anything obtained from the original box for some folks, active crossover or not. I mean a toggle switch with three settings for bass boost? C'mon.

post #248 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

I was under the impression the active crossover would be built into the adapter, which is theoretically possible. Otherwise it seems weird they'd be taking so long to release the thing (which last I heard is planned "for the future" with no determinate release thus far?).

 

Humorously enough, given how awful reports of the box have been a passive adapter feeding it into another amp just might sound better than anything obtained from the original box for some folks, active crossover or not. I mean a toggle switch with three settings for bass boost? C'mon.


Average_Joe will release his review at some point.

 

As for the adapter, quotes from Stephen on the PP6 thread.

 

Originally Posted by UniqueMelody View Post

There will be passive xover adapters available in the near future.

 

It will come later, and it will be sold separately as an accessory. At least that's the plan for now. These adapters are not easy to make since it involves extra tuning process. It would most likely to take the form of an adapter. 

 

Yes, it supports 24/96 via usb.

post #249 of 3625

Wow, talk about shooting themselves in the foot with that one.

 

Anyway, back to FitEar...

post #250 of 3625

FitEar!

 

My MH335DWs have made me leave all my full sized cans for a week.

post #251 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

FitEar!

My MH335DWs have made me leave all my full sized cans for a week.

I hate you wink.gif
post #252 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenz View Post


I hate you wink.gif

I know... I know...

 

The 000 cables on these babies will make you cry.

post #253 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

I know... I know...

 

The 000 cables on these babies will make you cry.

 

I'm going to hunt you down mad.gif

 

:D

post #254 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenz View Post

 

I'm going to hunt you down mad.gif

 

:D

 

I also suggest pairing the 335s with a WA7. That is one quiet tube amp... ksc75smile.gif

post #255 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

 

I also suggest pairing the 335s with a WA7. That is one quiet tube amp... ksc75smile.gif

 

I'm going to wipe that smile off your face wink.gif

 

Nah. I'm not big on all the amps etc just yet. I'd want something to tide me over till I have my own proper place, so I'll have to wait till I sort something out :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread