Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread - Page 154

post #2296 of 3623
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Somehow I don't think it's that straight forward. It is my understanding from these forums that Fitear traveled around Asia to train their distributor staff on taking impressions. It's not just a matter of "getting it right" but on who takes the impression too.

So for the folks overseas, can you walk into Jaben with your impressions and say you want a Fitear CIEM or will Jaben insist that the impressions must be taken by them only?
In China there is no way Jaben personnel is trained to take impressions IMO.
post #2297 of 3623
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


In China there is no way Jaben personnel is trained to take impressions IMO.

 

Why do you say that??

post #2298 of 3623

:popcorn:

post #2299 of 3623
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Why do you say that??
Well come and talk to them and you will get my drift:) Anyways they told me I would need to bring prints. And when I say China I exclude HK Jaben of course.
post #2300 of 3623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Well come and talk to them and you will get my drift:) Anyways they told me I would need to bring prints. And when I say China I exclude HK Jaben of course.

Don't quite get you.
post #2301 of 3623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Well come and talk to them and you will get my drift:) Anyways they told me I would need to bring prints. And when I say China I exclude HK Jaben of course.

Yes I believe Jaben HK staff were trained by Fitear. I got my Fitear CIEM from them, and when they made the impressions for me, the method they used was what was posted by previous poster: close mouth, jaw movements, one side at a time., and the impressions were made with those green material...

post #2302 of 3623
Quote:
Originally Posted by delancyst View Post

Don't quite get you.
In China mainland, Jaben does not take your prints, in HK they do.
post #2303 of 3623
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

Did he declare to Fujiya that the actual person taking the impressions doesn't live in Japan or that the CIEM is destined to leave Japan shores?

 

Sorry for missing this post. I'll have to check with him, but we're not really that close (acquaintance, not friend, like I stated). I'm sure they knew he was from overseas. If I remember our conversation correctly, everything was registered to the Japanese friend who went with him. It was "officially" purchased by a Japanese citizen/resident as a gift for his overseas friend, or something along that line.


Edited by kurochin - 2/28/14 at 10:08am
post #2304 of 3623
The numbering system of the Fitear models is way/unit/receiver so the C435 is 4 way, 3 unit, 5 receiver. Can someone explain the differences between ways, units and receivers?
post #2305 of 3623

way is the number of cross-overs

unit is the physical amount of units - sometimes one unit can contain multiple receivers

receiver is the actual amount of BA drivers

post #2306 of 3623
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaholic View Post

way is the number of cross-overs
unit is the physical amount of units - sometimes one unit can contain multiple receivers
receiver is the actual amount of BA drivers
So to use an example, with the 435 there would be 4 cross-overs. Where would these be to fit the 3 units and 5 receivers? Thanks.
post #2307 of 3623

4 cross-overs for the 5 receivers, and the 5 receivers comes in 3 units - however I'm not sure how the C435's receivers are distributed and can't seem to find it on the Fitear website either.

 

But using the MH335DW I have it's a 3 way cross-over with 5 receivers (1 high, 2 mid-lows, 2 lows) in 3 units (1 for the high, 1 for the 2 mid-lows, 1 for the 2 lows) 

post #2308 of 3623
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaholic View Post
 

4 cross-overs for the 5 receivers, and the 5 receivers comes in 3 units - however I'm not sure how the C435's receivers are distributed and can't seem to find it on the Fitear website either.

 

But using the MH335DW I have it's a 3 way cross-over with 5 receivers (1 high, 2 mid-lows, 2 lows) in 3 units (1 for the high, 1 for the 2 mid-lows, 1 for the 2 lows) 

1 TWFK (dual) for tweeter, 1 33A007 (dual) for woofer, 1 CI or 1723 for subwoofer, so 5 transducers in total. I''ve never seen any photo of the C435 so I can only hazard a guess that it''s the CI in this case, which is also primarily used as sub woofer in the MH334, MH335DW, TG334, Monet. 

post #2309 of 3623

I'm trying out the MH334 today with the balanced Toxic Cables Scorpion off the HM901/balanced card. Very nice - more expansive soundstage, good clarity and solid bass impact. I really do like the MH 334 with copper cables. Later this week, I'll start trying it out with the SW. That should be interesting. :L3000:

post #2310 of 3623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post

I'm trying out the MH334 today with the balanced Toxic Cables Scorpion off the HM901/balanced card. Very nice - more expansive soundstage, good clarity and solid bass impact. I really do like the MH 334 with copper cables. Later this week, I'll start trying it out with the SW. That should be interesting. L3000.gif
Your C435, 333, et al are feeling neglected!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread