Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread - Page 137

post #2041 of 3740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post

That won't be comfortable at all.
It can be covered in acrylic...just like titanium faceplates but for the whole shell.
post #2042 of 3740
Thread Starter 
Today at the Fujiya Event, FitEar started taking bookings for the Studio Reference mods.
post #2043 of 3740
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Today at the Fujiya Event, FitEar started taking bookings for the Studio Reference mods.

 

DAMMIT

post #2044 of 3740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

DAMMIT
Well, you're only 4 hrs away ;-)
post #2045 of 3740
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

DAMMIT
Already book mine but suyama san didn't have definite answer about when he will start the upgrade.
post #2046 of 3740
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Today at the Fujiya Event, FitEar started taking bookings for the Studio Reference mods.

u mean the upgrade for mh335dw?
post #2047 of 3740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuxtres View Post

u mean the upgrade for mh335dw?
Yep. I had a lot longer listen to the SR compared to my normal 335 & with the TG!334's & to me I think I've settled that this is the sound I want from my FitEars.
post #2048 of 3740
So the SR mod is open internationally? How does it work? Buy the 335 first and then send back for refit, seems a lot of $
Can u be kind enough to give a brief impression of SS?
post #2049 of 3740
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

So the SR mod is open internationally? How does it work? Buy the 335 first and then send back for refit, seems a lot of $
Can u be kind enough to give a brief impression of SS?

ya , im curious is the future 335 with the SR mod default.

post #2050 of 3740
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


Well, you're only 4 hrs away ;-)

 

Could I like send mine to you or something xD

post #2051 of 3740
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Today at the Fujiya Event, FitEar started taking bookings for the Studio Reference mods.

Hi Sean

Thank you for sharing

My local dealer just inform , they started yesterday to upgrade mh 335 DW to Stufio Reference with the mod price around 400 USD = around 5 Million Rupiah

About the upgrade price is that correct Sean ca 400 USD ?

How is the upgrade process ?

Shall we send only the earpiece to Suyama San Fit Ear

And he insert only the titanium pipe to our mh 335 DW

Or shall we send our ear impression to them and they make new Studio reference for replacement

Please advise

Thank you
post #2052 of 3740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


Hi Sean

Thank you for sharing

My local dealer just inform , they started yesterday to upgrade mh 335 DW to Stufio Reference with the mod price around 400 USD = around 5 Million Rupiah

About the upgrade price is that correct Sean ca 400 USD ?

How is the upgrade process ?

Shall we send only the earpiece to Suyama San Fit Ear

And he insert only the titanium pipe to our mh 335 DW

Or shall we send our ear impression to them and they make new Studio reference for replacement

Please advise

Thank you

 

That pricing looks to be correct. If you have the new 335 then the upgrade is approx Y42,000. If you have the older connector style then the upgrade is Y52,000. They haven't actually started upgrades yet but today they opened up to take bookings. What happens next is that when they're ready (which we still don't know an exact date) they will contact out to those who have booked, then the process starts (of shipping in the MH335DW, etc). So you can think of today as "pre-order bookings".

 

It's a little more than inserting titanium tubes..it's actually making changes to resistors, etc. to tweak the crossovers I believe. No they're not making new shells so impressions required (besides, doesn't FitEar keep your impressions anyway??). The Studio Reference mod is about modding your -existing- MH335DW.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

So the SR mod is open internationally? How does it work? Buy the 335 first and then send back for refit, seems a lot of $
Can u be kind enough to give a brief impression of SS?

 

I don't know if it's open internationally. You'll need to ask your distributor. At first I thought this was opened only locally to Japan customers but maybe the story has changed in the past few months? I don't know. It's really for existing MH335DW customers although I'm not certain what happens if a new MH335DW customer comes in to say "I want the upgrade too". 

 

To my ears the Studio Reference sounds more balanced than the current MH335DW. The bass although is still the same in quantity, it's better controlled. The highs are also more extended. I spent a good amount of time listening today comparing to my MH335DW and to a sample TG!334 and in my opinion it seems to be a blend of the MH335DW & TG!334 but with a far greater soundstage and imaging. The highs to me are as extended as the TG!334 and possibly just a tad more but don't expect 1Plus2-level trebles.

 

When I heard the Studio Reference back in Oct last year, in my mind it was "THE" sound I wanted in my FitEars. Since then I had listened to few other competitor brand with their new offerings, and today I heard the Studio Reference again, and my stance has not changed.

post #2053 of 3740
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

That pricing looks to be correct. If you have the new 335 then the upgrade is approx Y42,000. If you have the older connector style then the upgrade is Y52,000. They haven't actually started upgrades yet but today they opened up to take bookings. What happens next is that when they're ready (which we still don't know an exact date) they will contact out to those who have booked, then the process starts (of shipping in the MH335DW, etc). So you can think of today as "pre-order bookings".

It's a little more than inserting titanium tubes..it's actually making changes to resistors, etc. to tweak the crossovers I believe. No they're not making new shells so impressions required (besides, doesn't FitEar keep your impressions anyway??). The Studio Reference mod is about modding your -existing- MH335DW.


I don't know if it's open internationally. You'll need to ask your distributor. At first I thought this was opened only locally to Japan customers but maybe the story has changed in the past few months? I don't know. It's really for existing MH335DW customers although I'm not certain what happens if a new MH335DW customer comes in to say "I want the upgrade too". 

To my ears the Studio Reference sounds more balanced than the current MH335DW. The bass although is still the same in quantity, it's better controlled. The highs are also more extended. I spent a good amount of time listening today comparing to my MH335DW and to a sample TG!334 and in my opinion it seems to be a blend of the MH335DW & TG!334 but with a far greater soundstage and imaging. The highs to me are as extended as the TG!334 and possibly just a tad more but don't expect 1Plus2-level trebles.

When I heard the Studio Reference back in Oct last year, in my mind it was "THE" sound I wanted in my FitEars. Since then I had listened to few other competitor brand with their new offerings, and today I heard the Studio Reference again, and my stance has not changed.

Thank you Sean

What is the connector different between older and newer mh 335 DW ?
I don't my mh 335 DW has new or old connector
My mh 335 DW connector can fit 000 cable and alo sxc 24
post #2054 of 3740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


Thank you Sean

What is the connector different between older and newer mh 335 DW ?
I don't my mh 335 DW has new or old connector
My mh 335 DW connector can fit 000 cable and alo sxc 24

 

Left, old connector, right new connector 

post #2055 of 3740
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Left, old connector, right new connector 


Thank you Sean
I will take a look tomorrow morning
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread