Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread - Page 93

post #1381 of 3457
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Awesome, thanks for the brief impressions. Hmm... tighter bass than the TG 334? Not sure that's what I want to go for necessarily, as I find the bass on the TG 334 pretty tight already.

To be honest, I'm more interested in the C435, as it seems to be the least talked about and most mysterious in the consumer range. The new Canal Works looks pretty crazy too with it's external resistor!
I'm not even heard about cw
But i'm now using 435 every day. Need lots of time to run in. Less bass than 335. This one is an old product. Voice is closer than 334 335. Lots of details of sound. But not much distinctive.
I'm not good at express sound in English, but at least give you sth, i hope can be useful
post #1382 of 3457

Guys, I have a question about the 335. Where can I order them in U.S? I know only Jaben in HK, or Singapore do carry them outside of Japan, is there any places carry them?

post #1383 of 3457
Quote:
Originally Posted by funglouis View Post
 

Guys, I have a question about the 335. Where can I order them in U.S? I know only Jaben in HK, or Singapore do carry them outside of Japan, is there any places carry them?

Nope. Which is why I'll be traveling to Japan next summer for em.

post #1384 of 3457

Guess, I will just have to wait till Christmas when I go home back to HK. I thought if you want to order directly from Japan, you need to know how to speak Japanese at the first place, and you have to make a reservation. Am I wrong?

post #1385 of 3457
Quote:
Originally Posted by funglouis View Post
 

Guess, I will just have to wait till Christmas when I go home back to HK. I thought if you want to order directly from Japan, you need to know how to speak Japanese at the first place, and you have to make a reservation. Am I wrong?

I don't think they accept ear impression except the one made by fitear themselves (or from Jaben one of course) which means you have to be in Japan for ear impression.

post #1386 of 3457

Any updates on when exactly that Reference upgrade will be available?


Edited by Raatikainen - 10/16/13 at 10:06pm
post #1387 of 3457
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raatikainen View Post
 

Any updates on when exactly that Reference upgrade will be available?

 

Nope...so yesterday, I tried calling FitEar and tried to speak with my broken Japanese and the lady didn't seem to know about the Studio Reference. I was actually trying to book. Then I called Fujiya (who also tweeted about it) and the sales chap there said that it's a direct booking with FitEar and Fujiya is not brokering the upgrade. I've also mailed Suyama-san but no response although he has been travelling, it seems.

 

I was hoping to book and send my MH335DW in early before next weekend's Fujiya Event rush, but I doubt if I'll get the chance to do so.

post #1388 of 3457
I was just at e-earphone in akihabara and Demo'd the LS8+ customs
Sounds good, but don't think I have the patience to wait three or four months. Then Demo'd the FitEar 333s, 334s and MW335DWs. Hands down the 335DWs. Like the 3D, warmth. It just seems that you can listen to music for a lot longer. And I started discovering the musicality and various instruments that I had not noticed before.

That will be my Fujiya Avic headphone fair purchase in about a week.

Happiness I say!
post #1389 of 3457
When does the Fujiya Avic sale start? And I hope it includes FitEar products.
post #1390 of 3457
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoog5600 View Post

When does the Fujiya Avic sale start? And I hope it includes FitEar products.

 

Call Fujiya on when they accept bookings for Fitear's impressions on the day of the show. They will ask you which timeslot you want (or what's available, each slot in 30 min segments) & you book it. They may have the discount pricing then.

 

On the day and a few minutes before your scheduled appointment, you turn up to the Fitear booth at the show and get taken to a partitioned off area where they will take your impressions. You'll have a form to fill in too.

 

You then take that form to the Fujiya sales desk where they will further ask you what colours, etc. and pay for it then. So actually up to this point, should you decide to back out you still can (although you would have wasted Fitear's time of taking impressions).

 

Recommend you to call Fujiya now.

 

Disclaimer Edit: unless they've changed the process ;-)

post #1391 of 3457
Will do it now
post #1392 of 3457
Strange. I just called Fujiya and they said if it is FitEar they are not doing it and told me to go to the Ginza location to get it done.
post #1393 of 3457
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post
 

Impression on Toxic Cables Silver Poison and Silver Widow on Fitear MH335DW.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I’m very fortunate enough to have a chance to listen on several aftermarket cables for Fitear IEM/CIEM. I already owned ALO SXC24, Moon Audio silver dragon, and Toxic Cables virus. Those cables are SPC, pure silver, and hybrid copper/silver, respectively. Frank from Toxic Cables is very generous, he send out two of his cables “silver poison” and “silver widow” for me and AnakChan, which both of us owned MH335DW, to try it out.

 

According to the description on Frank’s profile, both silver poison and silver widow are made from OCC stranded silver with gold. Now that both cables are passed 125 hours burn-in period. Here are my thoughts on both cables with my MH335DW.

 

Silver poison

First thing that I notice is that the trebles is extend much further than other cables that I have try except Tralucent Silver/Gold. It’s enable me to hear lots of details that I didn’t notice before from the song that I repeatedly listen on daily basis. Not only the details that this cable bring out, the clarity of the sound is also remarkable. The combination of clean and clarity sound make the trebles sound a bit airy in some sense. Mids are also very details and forwarded as always for all of models for Fitear. Bass is tight and well control. The bass impact is slightly less and feel a bit dry.

 

Soundstage is not consider wide but still have reasonable width to it. The separation is ok. The overall feeling that I get is that it sound intimate and slightly lack of depth. The cable itself is very flexible but slightly thicker compare to ALO or Moon Audio cables.

 

Silver widow

Trebles of silver widow is quite similar to silver poison. It’s extended nicely with lots of details and clarity. The difference is that the trebles is not sound airy like the poison. It has a bit of warm and smoothness. Mids are contain lots of details but not as forward as silver poison. Bass is also tight, smooth, and very details. It’s also extended nicely into sub-bass with much better impact.

 

Soundstate of silver widow is incredible. Width, depth, separation are excellent. Much better than silver poison. You can feel it has better 3D rendering of instruments. Overall feeling is that this cable is more open and present better layering of instruments. The silver widow using thicker wire than silver poison (25.5 AWG vs. 26 AWG), thus it slightly stiffer and feel heavier than silver poison but still a lot better than ALO cable.


The price of silver poison is £175 or about $280, while silver widow is £235 or about $380. Both cables sound excellent. The improvement at high frequency range is great.

 

Both cables are on the way to AnakChan today.

 

So I've had the Toxic Cables Silver Widow and Silver Poison after MTTF. I've had a chance to compare it against the Tralucent Silver, Silver/Gold, and 000 cables.

 

 

First thing I'd like to get out of the way is the ergonomics and comfort of the cables. These Toxic cables are by far one of the most comfortable and ergonomic by comparison to the other brands I've played with (Ok, maybe except the Ocharaku Kaede built-in cables which are not interchangeable). In my honest opinion, I think many makers could learn a thing or two about constructing their cables this way.

 

 

As for the difference between the Silver Widow (left) and the Silver Poison (right), at least with the sheath, the Silver Widow is a slightly "chunkier" cable but overall still a very light cable. Both are quite flexible. It seems to be the loose milloit braid (I think this is what's it called anyway) works very well here.

 

Toxic Cable Silver Poison and FitEar 000

 

The Silver Poison seems to be a decent step up from the FitEar 000. It feels cleaner especially in the bass. It's airy and has a decent treble extension. Overall the Silver Poison seems have finer detail.

 

Toxic Cables Silver Widow and Silver Poison

 

To me these two are more alike than different. The difference between the Silver Poison and 000 seems greater than between these two Toxic Cables. The Silver Widow does seem to be a tad more precise with cymbals having a little more crispness to it. The trebles seem to open up more with some air to it. The Silver Widow also exhibits greater sub bass control over the Silver Poison .

 

Between the two, the Silver Poison sounds a little flatter but is by no means flat. There's still some decent depth to it. Although the Silver Widow has a little more head room.

 

Toxic Cable Silver Widow and Tralucent Silver

 

The Tralucent Silver seems to sound a little more closed by comparison to the Silver Widow but strangely string instrument separation seems to be more distinctive with the Tralucent Silver. The Tralucent Silver (being pure OCC silver) is more mid to treble focused but it's bass is still quite well controlled. the Silver Widow sounds warmer by comparison with a richer bass.

 

Toxic Cable Silver Widow and Tralucent Silver/Gold

 

Here's where I find the Tralucent Silver/Gold to have a greater soundstage than the Silver Widow. The Silver Widow feels more a tad more mellow whereas the Tralucent Silver/Gold feels a little more aggressive (but not harsh. Aside: with any cable it's kind of hard to make the 335 harsh...maybe coarse and less refined in terms of granularity but not harsh). The Tralucent Silver/Gold carries on with the similar signature as it's Silver brother that it's a little more mid and treble focused by comparison to the Toxic Silver Widow, but just not as much as it's Silver brother. Cymbals seem to shimmer nicely with the Tralucent Silver/Gold.

 

Vocals on the Tralucent Silver/Gold also seem to feel somewhat clearer possibly due to its tendency towards the forward mids/treble end (whilst the Silver Widow, by comparison) seems more warm bass and lower mids focused.

 

I would like to add though that there's still quite a bit of micro detail in the Silver Widow but not so emphasised and somewhat more subtle, whereas with the Tralucent Silver/Gold the details seem somewhat more obvious.

 

Personal Summary/Preference

 

For my sonic tastes, the Tralucent Silver/Gold suites me more as I do find the FitEar MH335DW already quite warm and seek a cable that'll just extend it's trebles a tad more without sound "weird" (which was how I felt with some of the other pure silver cables reviewed previously). The Toxic Silver Widow did actually perform pretty well and as with all other Toxic Cables, provide very good value for money. However for my preferences, a little too warm for my liking (note that it actually works well for certain genre but then becomes somewhat more genre specific). The Tralucent Silver/Gold on the other hand brightens up my MH335DW a little more just to widen it's genre coverage.

 

Having said all that, next weekend I'll try to have my MH335DW Studio Referenced (which hopefully will include the titanium tubes). It would be interesting to see if this will shift the balance of the Tralucent Silver/Gold to the Toxic Cables Silver Widow, or not.

post #1394 of 3457
I keep my fingers crossed,hopefully I am going to get SW/Fiteat cable with Frank's near future shipment.
post #1395 of 3457
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

So I've had the Toxic Cables Silver Widow and Silver Poison after MTTF. I've had a chance to compare it against the Tralucent Silver, Silver/Gold, and 000 cables.

 

 

First thing I'd like to get out of the way is the ergonomics and comfort of the cables. These Toxic cables are by far one of the most comfortable and ergonomic by comparison to the other brands I've played with (Ok, maybe except the Ocharaku Kaede built-in cables which are not interchangeable). In my honest opinion, I think many makers could learn a thing or two about constructing their cables this way.

 

 

As for the difference between the Silver Widow (left) and the Silver Poison (right), at least with the sheath, the Silver Widow is a slightly "chunkier" cable but overall still a very light cable. Both are quite flexible. It seems to be the loose milloit braid (I think this is what's it called anyway) works very well here.

 

Toxic Cable Silver Poison and FitEar 000

 

The Silver Poison seems to be a decent step up from the FitEar 000. It feels cleaner especially in the bass. It's airy and has a decent treble extension. Overall the Silver Poison seems have finer detail.

 

Toxic Cables Silver Widow and Silver Poison

 

To me these two are more alike than different. The difference between the Silver Poison and 000 seems greater than between these two Toxic Cables. The Silver Widow does seem to be a tad more precise with cymbals having a little more crispness to it. The trebles seem to open up more with some air to it. The Silver Widow also exhibits greater sub bass control over the Silver Poison .

 

Between the two, the Silver Poison sounds a little flatter but is by no means flat. There's still some decent depth to it. Although the Silver Widow has a little more head room.

 

Toxic Cable Silver Widow and Tralucent Silver

 

The Tralucent Silver seems to sound a little more closed by comparison to the Silver Widow but strangely string instrument separation seems to be more distinctive with the Tralucent Silver. The Tralucent Silver (being pure OCC silver) is more mid to treble focused but it's bass is still quite well controlled. the Silver Widow sounds warmer by comparison with a richer bass.

 

Toxic Cable Silver Widow and Tralucent Silver/Gold

 

Here's where I find the Tralucent Silver/Gold to have a greater soundstage than the Silver Widow. The Silver Widow feels more a tad more mellow whereas the Tralucent Silver/Gold feels a little more aggressive (but not harsh. Aside: with any cable it's kind of hard to make the 335 harsh...maybe coarse and less refined in terms of granularity but not harsh). The Tralucent Silver/Gold carries on with the similar signature as it's Silver brother that it's a little more mid and treble focused by comparison to the Toxic Silver Widow, but just not as much as it's Silver brother. Cymbals seem to shimmer nicely with the Tralucent Silver/Gold.

 

Vocals on the Tralucent Silver/Gold also seem to feel somewhat clearer possibly due to its tendency towards the forward mids/treble end (whilst the Silver Widow, by comparison) seems more warm bass and lower mids focused.

 

I would like to add though that there's still quite a bit of micro detail in the Silver Widow but not so emphasised and somewhat more subtle, whereas with the Tralucent Silver/Gold the details seem somewhat more obvious.

 

Personal Summary/Preference

 

For my sonic tastes, the Tralucent Silver/Gold suites me more as I do find the FitEar MH335DW already quite warm and seek a cable that'll just extend it's trebles a tad more without sound "weird" (which was how I felt with some of the other pure silver cables reviewed previously). The Toxic Silver Widow did actually perform pretty well and as with all other Toxic Cables, provide very good value for money. However for my preferences, a little too warm for my liking (note that it actually works well for certain genre but then becomes somewhat more genre specific). The Tralucent Silver/Gold on the other hand brightens up my MH335DW a little more just to widen it's genre coverage.

 

Having said all that, next weekend I'll try to have my MH335DW Studio Referenced (which hopefully will include the titanium tubes). It would be interesting to see if this will shift the balance of the Tralucent Silver/Gold to the Toxic Cables Silver Widow, or not.

Thanks for the impressions Anak, much appreciated.

 

When designing the Poison and Widow, they were designed not to sound like the average silver, which you noticed. The main complaint i have had from customers using silver cable, is the treble and that's something i paid a lot of attention to. For those wanting a tad more extended treble / brighter cable, they can opt for the Anthrax, this is a pure OCC Cryo Silver cable, with no gold in it, it is also priced quite lower then the  Poison and Widow, making it very affordable.

 

From my experience, and the reports i have had from customers, the Poison sounds it's best after about 300 hours, while the Widow is 500, i don't think think it's even been 500 since i finished making it :biggrin:  Best way to burn in the cables is to leave then playing music, attached to the IEM 24/7, but not many would feel comfortable doing this. If you like, i can send in an adapter system that you plug the IEM end in to, so there would be no need to have your Fitear attached while burning in.

 

As an owner of several professional cable cooking devices, customers are able to request the cables to be burned in prior to dispatch, there is no extra charge for this service, although it will take a week longer from being built to despatch.

 

The Widow is chunkier as it is a slightly larger gauge, it's also a type 2 litz cable, this means that each of the hundreds of strands within the cable has it's own insulation that separates every strand from each other, so this adds a little more thickness.

 

Regarding the flexibility, for portable cables this is a must for me when making cables, so much so that on many of my wires, i have a separate batch, sometimes of a smaller gauge, made specifically for the making of IEM cables, making sure they are suitable and if need be, more flexible then the wire used in the headphone cables.

 

Thanks again for your thoughts, and i look forward to hearing them with the Studio Referenced, hopefully they will have more hours on them by then.  You also might prefer the Anthrax, which is a more treble focused cable, if that's your preference.

 

The Crystal Piccolino at £410/$660 has also had some very positive comments from Fitear users.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 10/17/13 at 1:04pm

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread