Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › How many songs do you have in your music library?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many songs do you have in your music library? - Page 34

Poll Results: what genre would you absolutely have to find in someones music library

 
  • 2% (6)
    R&B
  • 5% (16)
    Pop
  • 44% (120)
    Rock
  • 6% (17)
    Hip Hop/Rap
  • 1% (4)
    Reggae
  • 13% (36)
    Jazz
  • 24% (66)
    Electronic
  • 0% (2)
    Country
267 Total Votes  
post #496 of 569
4.6TB ranging from FLAC to DSD. Most of it from brunk, THE MAN WITH 276364 FILES/10TBbeerchug.gif
post #497 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

I don't want to whip thru all the 33 pages on this thread, but surely no else alive has that many TB of high rez music.  

I've met a few with much more. One guy has 1.2 million tracks, 100% flac rips. My sister in law has over 100,000 CDs/records but she hasn't ripped anything...one day I'll get my hands on her collection smily_headphones1.gif
post #498 of 569

I have 35GB and 6000 songs at the moment

 

I've listened to 90+% of them and it's 80+% electronic, mostly non-commercial songs or musicians

post #499 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

 

I don't want to whip thru all the 33 pages on this thread, but surely no else alive has that many TB of high rez music.  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post

4.6TB ranging from FLAC to DSD. Most of it from brunk, THE MAN WITH 276364 FILES/10TBbeerchug.gif

 

Yeah I don't think there's too many people that have a collection equivalent to mine lol. Especially 3TB of 24-bit or DSD material that is not vinyl rips. It's nice to have it as my own, and the best part is that it's all in a mini-itx enclosure. It's backed up to a RAID box though.

 

Cheers!

beerchug.gif 


Edited by brunk - 10/12/13 at 5:24pm
post #500 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

 

 

 

Yeah I don't think there's too many people that have a collection equivalent to mine lol. Especially 3TB of 24-bit or DSD material that is not vinyl rips. It's nice to have it as my own, and the best part is that it's all in a mini-itx enclosure. It's backed up to a RAID box though. DarKen23, I'm more than happy to spread the wealth with you man!

 

Cheers!

beerchug.gif


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Stream_Digital#The_Future_of_DSD This kind of DSD? I'm not familiar with this kind of storage. It seems like it's able to have an even higher sampling rate than from vinyl (does that even have any affect on the albeit non-audible sound quality)? So many questions here.

 

Also, I'll take this opportunity to proudly say I've increased my catalogue. has increased to 182GB of music, with 3,980 songs.

post #501 of 569

I want to see metal on the god damn poll :D

post #502 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronoclast View Post
 


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Stream_Digital#The_Future_of_DSD This kind of DSD? I'm not familiar with this kind of storage. It seems like it's able to have an even higher sampling rate than from vinyl (does that even have any affect on the albeit non-audible sound quality)? So many questions here.

 

Also, I'll take this opportunity to proudly say I've increased my catalogue. has increased to 182GB of music, with 3,980 songs.

Yeah that kind DSD. The main difference here that i audibly find of DSD vs. Vinyl is that DSD has the blackest blackground that vinyl can only dream of. There also seems to be a particular "airiness" up high too that I think may be a benefit of the noise-shaping that DSD allows for, which marketing aside, is the main advantage of DSD. I won't go into more detail as it's OT for this thread and there are tons of articles about these topics. 

 

Nice collection!

post #503 of 569

i have around 3TB music, mostly are HK..japanese ..korean ape or flac format

post #504 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry216216 View Post

i have around 3TB music, mostly are HK..japanese ..korean ape or flac format
I think Japanese material offers very good sounding playback.
post #505 of 569
Quote:  7/26/13
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

 

98% Lossless FLAC/ALAC/APE/WAV

 

It's taken a long time to get to this point.

 

L3000.gif

 

 

Quote: 8/13/2013
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

I have a little over 1tb 24bit material and 99% lossless biggrin.gif

 

 

Quote: 9/23/2013
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Current library update :D

 

 

Quote: 10/7/2013
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Just hit double-digit terabytes. 10TB FLAC library :D

 

+27,150 in 2 weeks , +81,120 in just over 10 weeks ?? - expensive addiction - how do you get the time  ??

post #506 of 569
data swaps can add a lot in a short time.
post #507 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_charles View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

+27,150 in 2 weeks , +81,120 in just over 10 weeks ?? - expensive addiction - how do you get the time  ??

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

data swaps can add a lot in a short time.

:wink_face:

post #508 of 569

I simply cannot say enough positive things about Google Play Music All Access.

 

No other subscription service seamlessly integrates my personal collection with a vast library of nearly 20 million songs.  With practically any standard internet connection, the quality is nearly indistinguishable from lossless for most of us. 

 

The genre radio stations are fantastic, and it is just so much fun.  For listening to music on a computer, it is bliss.  

 

Because most of my music library is already saved at LAME vbr V0 @ ~320 mbps, I'd have to seriously consider Google's entire All Access library as my own accessible locker to music, along with my personal CD collection that I have uploaded to this service.

post #509 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonitus mirus View Post
 

I simply cannot say enough positive things about Google Play Music All Access.

 

No other subscription service seamlessly integrates my personal collection with a vast library of nearly 20 million songs.  With practically any standard internet connection, the quality is nearly indistinguishable from lossless for most of us. 

 

The genre radio stations are fantastic, and it is just so much fun.  For listening to music on a computer, it is bliss.  

 

Because most of my music library is already saved at LAME vbr V0 @ ~320 mbps, I'd have to seriously consider Google's entire All Access library as my own accessible locker to music, along with my personal CD collection that I have uploaded to this service.

+1 for the Google Play service, it is awesome. Hopefully someday we will see full CD quality streaming from Google or another service. It's too bad it isn't legal to create an open-source initiative to preserve what we have around the entire world for the future and be able to literally have the entire globe connected with music of the finest quality. Archive.org on steroids i suppose :)


Edited by brunk - 10/13/13 at 4:34pm
post #510 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonitus mirus View Post

I simply cannot say enough positive things about Google Play Music All Access.

No other subscription service seamlessly integrates my personal collection with a vast library of nearly 20 million songs.  With practically any standard internet connection, the quality is nearly indistinguishable from lossless for most of us. 

The genre radio stations are fantastic, and it is just so much fun.  For listening to music on a computer, it is bliss.  

Because most of my music library is already saved at LAME vbr V0 @ ~320 mbps, I'd have to seriously consider Google's entire All Access library as my own accessible locker to music, along with my personal CD collection that I have uploaded to this service.
Interesting, I look into google play music. I assume they have radio stations similar to podcasts? Are stations aired in the uk available to me?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › How many songs do you have in your music library?