Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › How many songs do you have in your music library?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many songs do you have in your music library? - Page 30

Poll Results: what genre would you absolutely have to find in someones music library

 
  • 2% (6)
    R&B
  • 5% (16)
    Pop
  • 45% (126)
    Rock
  • 6% (17)
    Hip Hop/Rap
  • 1% (4)
    Reggae
  • 12% (36)
    Jazz
  • 24% (69)
    Electronic
  • 1% (3)
    Country
277 Total Votes  
post #436 of 586
Tracks: 23038
Albums: 2046
Total Size: 362 Gb
52.8% lossy, 47.2% lossless. (lossless is almost all classical, lossy is mostly rock/jazz with some (maybe 10%)classical mixed in
 
45.5% FLAC   (Avg Bitrate: 565 kbps)
27.0% MP3    (Avg Bitrate: 253 kbps)
25.5% Vorbis (Avg Bitrate: 287 kbps)
01.5% APE    (Avg Bitrate: 577 kbps)
00.5% Other  (Avg Bitrate: 427 kbps)
post #437 of 586

I am wondering how some of the people here get so many songs with so little artists, i saw someone's library and they only had half the amount of artists that i have yet quadruple the amount of tracks compared to mine (only 7995). I also was wondering the amount of genres that all of you have. I am open to a lot of genres yet I am struggling to get more music. I started my music library in 2008 and only recently have the amount of songs sky rocketed from 1000 songs in 2010 to where it is now but I feel like it is grinding to a stop so i was wondering where do everyone get the music from. (like where do you find it).

post #438 of 586
I use multiple sources to learn about new music. The Music forum here at Head-Fi is one. Then I borrow from Our local/regional library system (50+ libraries in a single DBMS).
Edited by vertical - 6/16/13 at 5:45am
post #439 of 586

about 13k

post #440 of 586

2052 songs in Winamp

Would be double if I still listen to the stuff from 4 years ago (used to be into pop and r&b. Full blown Metal head now L3000.gif hehe)

post #441 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalacarlo View Post

I am wondering how some of the people here get so many songs with so little artists, i saw someone's library and they only had half the amount of artists that i have yet quadruple the amount of tracks compared to mine (only 7995). I also was wondering the amount of genres that all of you have. I am open to a lot of genres yet I am struggling to get more music. I started my music library in 2008 and only recently have the amount of songs sky rocketed from 1000 songs in 2010 to where it is now but I feel like it is grinding to a stop so i was wondering where do everyone get the music from. (like where do you find it).
http://www.head-fi.org/t/658393/how-do-you-discover-music/60_30#post_9552157
post #442 of 586

I'm up to 16.5k songs:

ALAC: more than 50%

320 MP3: about 25%

The rest: 25%

 

I recently found some of my old album binders and I've spent probably 20 or so hours re-ripping in ALAC. Worth it.

post #443 of 586

On my main computer I have a little over 10,200 songs. I have no idea how many more I have spread across all the vinyl, cassettes and CD's I haven't ripped yet. 

post #444 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post

 

I need more music!!!


I just recently did some cleaning on my hard drive of music. Had a few artists and albums that I just didn't listen to whatsoever. I am now down to 4,823 songs, 13.2 days, 108.15 GB of music in my iTunes library.  This totals out my total album count to 478.

post #445 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post


I just recently did some cleaning on my hard drive of music. Had a few artists and albums that I just didn't listen to whatsoever. I am now down to 4,823 songs, 13.2 days, 108.15 GB of music in my iTunes library.  This totals out my total album count to 478.

 

I can't bring myself to do that, even though I do have a fair amount that I just never listen to.

post #446 of 586

17542

373.4 GB

Apple Lossless 95%

post #447 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatrix View Post

17542
373.4 GB
Apple Lossless 95%
95%?! Dang!
post #448 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

 

I can't bring myself to do that, even though I do have a fair amount that I just never listen to.

I've done a bit of paring down as of late myself, though my strategy has been to keep the files (in their directory structures but separate from the iTunes Library directory) while removing them from iTunes. Best of both worlds - decluttering while still hoarding ;)

post #449 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by brhfl View Post

I've done a bit of paring down as of late myself, though my strategy has been to keep the files (in their directory structures but separate from the iTunes Library directory) while removing them from iTunes. Best of both worlds - decluttering while still hoarding ;)

Now this, I have done.....some of the files for me exist only on the backup hard drives now. beerchug.gif

post #450 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

 

I can't bring myself to do that, even though I do have a fair amount that I just never listen to.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brhfl View Post

I've done a bit of paring down as of late myself, though my strategy has been to keep the files (in their directory structures but separate from the iTunes Library directory) while removing them from iTunes. Best of both worlds - decluttering while still hoarding ;)

It's something I've never done before, but it's more than just deleting them because I don't listen to them. Most of what is in my iTunes Library I have on CD, anyway.  It's nice to have a 'compact' collection electronically.  Makes me feel better to have the songs play while in Shuffle Mode.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › How many songs do you have in your music library?