Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › How many songs do you have in your music library?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many songs do you have in your music library? - Page 23

Poll Results: what genre would you absolutely have to find in someones music library

 
  • 2% (6)
    R&B
  • 5% (16)
    Pop
  • 45% (126)
    Rock
  • 6% (17)
    Hip Hop/Rap
  • 1% (4)
    Reggae
  • 12% (36)
    Jazz
  • 24% (69)
    Electronic
  • 1% (3)
    Country
277 Total Votes  
post #331 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzffnn View Post

Brian, welcome to Headfi!
You have an impressive collection for a "new guy". What genres do you listen to?

Thanks! I listen to pretty much everything except gospel and bluegrass. My most listened genres are techno/club/electronic/dubstep.
post #332 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianEsser View Post

Thanks! I listen to pretty much everything except gospel and bluegrass. My most listened genres are techno/club/electronic/dubstep.

Sounds like you'd fit right in with the EDM nerds over here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/544388/electronic-music-exchange-house-dnb-dubstep-etc

biggrin.gif
post #333 of 586
Awesome thread, I'll definitely check it out when I get home.

As to earlier comments, I think any collection over 100k is big. I've been collecting since the mid 90's. I personally know of a few 500k+ collections, my personal goal is 1,000,000 but that's quite a bit off.
post #334 of 586

I have about half and half,

 

3,000 MP3's

3,000 Lossless.

 

My father gave me a HD with 350 GB of music about 80,000 Mp3, and AAC files, but I have not gone through it yet.  So I don't consider it a part of my library.

 

Most of my library consists of electronic music.


Edited by beatfreak - 12/18/12 at 5:42pm
post #335 of 586
Meeting with friends : Copying songs And now i'm almost touching 6000 songs mark....
post #336 of 586

From my Logitech Media Server:

 

 

 

post #337 of 586

7,377 of FLAC Files.

12,023 MP3 320kbps.

 

Still working on finding the MP3's in Lossless. Should be done next year....

post #338 of 586

995 Flac albums spanning 13,162 tracks.

post #339 of 586

4153 items, 11.2 days, 92.81GB

 

I hate saying this, but sometimes I feel as if I should go and delete artists/albums I really never listen to.

 

destroysall.

post #340 of 586

I always think I should get rid of certain albums also, but I figured it is best to have a good mixture aside form the music I listen to constantly.  Your tastes may change, you have guests, parties...nothing wrong with having a great and varied collection of music

post #341 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBSCIX View Post

I always think I should get rid of certain albums also, but I figured it is best to have a good mixture aside form the music I listen to constantly.  Your tastes may change, you have guests, parties...nothing wrong with having a great and varied collection of music

You're probably right on that one. Lol. Guess I should just make them into a playlist and hit the shuffle button, who knows what will pop up as a new favorite then? LOL.

 

destroysall.

post #342 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBSCIX View Post

I always think I should get rid of certain albums also, but I figured it is best to have a good mixture aside form the music I listen to constantly.  Your tastes may change, you have guests, parties...nothing wrong with having a great and varied collection of music

 

I do that too. I download things I have only a slight passing interest in, only to come back a few months later to really enjoy them. 

post #343 of 586

I'm kind of poor, so I only purchase music that I'm crazy about. I don't have the money to waste on music I'm not quite sure about. That is why my collection is so small, that and I also use MOG as well.

post #344 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post

4153 items, 11.2 days, 92.81GB

 

I hate saying this, but sometimes I feel as if I should go and delete artists/albums I really never listen to.

 

destroysall.

Don't do it, before the digital days I gave away on CD the Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" and on Vinyl "Wings Over America." I sold or gave away more vinyl and CD's than I care to recall, many of these are now out of circulation. Over time one's taste for music changes, better to hang on to recordings, they take up minor space.

post #345 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

I'm kind of poor, so I only purchase music that I'm crazy about. I don't have the money to waste on music I'm not quite sure about. That is why my collection is so small, that and I also use MOG as well.

 

Me too. lol I got most of mine from swapping albums with my buddies over the years. We used to swap crates of CD's. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › How many songs do you have in your music library?