Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › How many songs do you have in your music library?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many songs do you have in your music library? - Page 8

Poll Results: what genre would you absolutely have to find in someones music library

 
  • 2% (6)
    R&B
  • 5% (16)
    Pop
  • 45% (125)
    Rock
  • 6% (17)
    Hip Hop/Rap
  • 1% (4)
    Reggae
  • 13% (36)
    Jazz
  • 25% (69)
    Electronic
  • 1% (3)
    Country
276 Total Votes  
post #106 of 581

Rap, to its credit, has lasted more than the decade which spawned it in the mainstream - whether it will still be with us in 30 years is a tougher question. Having lived through the disco era first time around, I was horrified when people dug it up for a second time in the 90s. There are some genres better left in the era which spawned them - ragtime, bluegrass and disco should all be left to the diehard fans, IMO.  There are times when I can absolutely understand why some classical buffs refuse to listen to any form of (modern) popular music, and I never thought I'd say that. Getting old, grandpa. eek.gif

post #107 of 581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post

Rap, to its credit, has lasted more than the decade which spawned it in the mainstream - whether it will still be with us in 30 years is a tougher question. Having lived through the disco era first time around, I was horrified when people dug it up for a second time in the 90s. There are some genres better left in the era which spawned them - ragtime, bluegrass and disco should all be left to the diehard fans, IMO.  There are times when I can absolutely understand why some classical buffs refuse to listen to any form of (modern) popular music, and I never thought I'd say that. Getting old, grandpa. eek.gif

ph34r.gif lol

post #108 of 581

1243.  All FLAC via foobar2000 on PC.

post #109 of 581

15,217, according to foobar2000.

post #110 of 581
85,831 though there are some doubles in that.
post #111 of 581

I recently got all my doubles out. It's such a pain to get them out, but it saved me a lot of space once I got it done.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

85,831 though there are some doubles in that.
post #112 of 581

iTunes has 11615 songs (34.5 days 71.83GB) of lossy music. Clementine has 4182 "songs" (15 days 12 hours, 210GB) of FLAC music. I say "songs" because some are entire albums ripped as a single track.

 

I've also suffered the dreaded ruined HDD. I've since learned to back up all of my music and files onto my 2TB external and keep them on both my Mac and PC HDD's. Never *knock on wood* should all three go out simultaneously.

post #113 of 581

Wish i knew, don't even use itunes, despise it almost lol. But in storage wise i have 30gig of music, not as much as i'd like but it's enough!

 

Mabye i should use itunes...

post #114 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laecs View Post

Wish i knew, don't even use itunes, despise it almost lol. But in storage wise i have 30gig of music, not as much as i'd like but it's enough!

 

Mabye i should use itunes...

 

Why would you need to use iTunes to know? Can't stand iTunes myself, doesn't support FLAC, pushes all Apples own stuff, no thanks. There are other audio library applications out there (i.e. Foobar 2000).

post #115 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enverex View Post

 

Why would you need to use iTunes to know? Can't stand iTunes myself, doesn't support FLAC, pushes all Apples own stuff, no thanks. There are other audio library applications out there (i.e. Foobar 2000).

Well, a lot of my music is in "sets" from trance events and what not, so unless foobar can count it songs from each set lol.

post #116 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laecs View Post

Well, a lot of my music is in "sets" from trance events and what not, so unless foobar can count it songs from each set lol.

 

Just be sure your ID3 tags are correct. Track number, total tracks, disc number, total discs. And, of course, don't put it on random. You should be fine.

post #117 of 581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laecs View Post

Wish i knew, don't even use itunes, despise it almost lol. But in storage wise i have 30gig of music, not as much as i'd like but it's enough!

 

Mabye i should use itunes...

Try foobar2000 or monkey media

post #118 of 581

I have 75,041 tracks mainly in FLAC format and spread across three 1TB drives.

post #119 of 581

nine hundred and seventy five songs.

 

3000 CDs in back-up


Edited by Redcarmoose - 6/16/12 at 4:19am
post #120 of 581

iTunes: 25423

Lossless: 1097

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › How many songs do you have in your music library?