Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's - Page 35

post #511 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung Woo Cho View Post

I am also considering to upgrade it to studio v so my question is can it drive hd600 and also match with sensitive iems?


my studio v 3rd anv can drive my hd650 without problem on 27/32 volume. it have a slight hiss on my ie80(16 ohm) but not audible when music is playing. i had tried it with other IEM like gr07,8a and um3x and hiss is very little to none. only the jh16 and ie80 have a slight hiss.

post #512 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningfarron View Post


my studio v 3rd anv can drive my hd650 without problem on 27/32 volume. it have a slight hiss on my ie80(16 ohm) but not audible when music is playing. i had tried it with other IEM like gr07,8a and um3x and hiss is very little to none. only the jh16 and ie80 have a slight hiss.


What about your 8As? Mine are very sensitive and pick up on the hiss quite easily....


Edited by lee730 - 6/17/13 at 5:59pm
post #513 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


What about your 8As? Mine are very sensitive and pick up on the hiss quite easily....
The 8a hiss is not very annoying to me. Maybe because i heard worst like the hiss on jh16 is the loudest i heard.
post #514 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningfarron View Post


The 8a hiss is not very annoying to me. Maybe because i heard worst like the hiss on jh16 is the loudest i heard.


Hmm. So you consider IE80 hiss to be higher than 8A as well? I'm wondering if I have a deep fit and you do not? Or maybe my 8As are more sensitive than yours? confused_face_2.gif I actually find 8as more sensitive than the IE80s from what I recall and not too far behind the 334 in sensitivity (which are super super sensitive). They are quite sensitive to hiss or any noise....


Edited by lee730 - 6/17/13 at 10:01pm
post #515 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Hmm. So you consider IE80 hiss to be higher than 8A as well? I'm wondering if I have a deep fit and you do not? Or maybe my 8As are more sensitive than yours? confused_face_2.gif I actually find 8as more sensitive than the IE80s from what I recall and not too far behind the 334 in sensitivity (which are super super sensitive). They are quite sensitive to hiss or any noise....


yes i found ie80 to be more sensitive. my 8a fit is just fine to me, no discomfort. but i do realise that the tip is shorter than my old jh16 tip.

i think its because im not too sensitive to hiss like everyone else does so maybe what i consider small is what you consider loud redface.gif.

even on my desktop dac the hiss on my 8a is still acceptable for me.

post #516 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningfarron View Post


yes i found ie80 to be more sensitive. my 8a fit is just fine to me, no discomfort. but i do realise that the tip is shorter than my old jh16 tip.

i think its because im not too sensitive to hiss like everyone else does so maybe what i consider small is what you consider loud redface.gif.

even on my desktop dac the hiss on my 8a is still acceptable for me.


Nah lightning I think you described it correctly. If you indeed find the IE80s more sensitive that means there is some discrepancies between our 8a units. Maybe I have a deeper fit than you because mine go very deep and the fit is superb. I'll post some pics next to my silver crystal IEM to give you an idea (not sure if you have that or not).

 

 

 

post #517 of 632

yours are indeed longer than mine

i thought all 8a were designed like this but after seeing yours im not so sure anymore

post #518 of 632

lol actually our ear shapes look a little similar. :). Would be funny if they'd work :P. When I initially put them in I get enough isolation where I can hear silence noise. In terms of sensitivity while I don't like the Studio V pairing I don't go above volume 5 on that pairing or it gets too loud for me... I can eat, lie down, run, smile, yawn. You name it I won't lose the seal. Do you hear your own heartbeat when you lie down? For me this is very annoying when listening at lower volumes lol..
 


Edited by lee730 - 6/17/13 at 11:40pm
post #519 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

lol actually our ear shapes look a little similar. :). Would be funny if they'd work :P. When I initially put them in I get enough isolation where I can hear silence noise. In terms of sensitivity while I don't like the Studio V pairing I don't go above volume 5 on that pairing or it gets too loud for me... I can eat, lie down, run, smile, yawn. You name it I won't lose the seal. Do you hear your own heartbeat when you lie down? For me this is very annoying when listening at lower volumes lol..
 

if they works it would be interesting because we had some similar gear (IE7,IE80,8A,studio v and the studio v 3rd ANV) and who knows similar earshape too lol tongue_smile.gif

i cant use my custom when lying down because it would get very uncomfortable. i also will lose seal when my mouth is moving.
i find the isolation great though.

maybe my ear impression is not good enough confused.gif i did not refit the 8a at first when i receive them because i though i get a perfect fit when i just use it without my mouth moving.

sound is also bassy and warm just like everyone says but the mids is bothering me. in every review i read about the 8a it always said that 8a have foward mids but i always find them to be abit recessed.


Edited by lightningfarron - 6/18/13 at 12:01am
post #520 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningfarron View Post

i cant use my custom when lying down because it would get very uncomfortable. i also will lose seal when my mouth is moving.
i find the isolation great though.

maybe my ear impression is not good enough confused.gif i did not refit the 8a at first when i receive them because i though i get a perfect fit when i just use it without my mouth moving.

sound is also bassy and warm just like everyone says but the mids is bothering me. in every review i read about the 8a it always said that 8a have foward mids but i always find them to be abit recessed.


Hmm. Maybe you don't have an optimum fit then. I can lie down and be comfortable depending on how I lie down. Like I can't lie on my side or anything as that would be uncomfortable. But if I'm lying on my back no problem. I notice when I lie down my ear canals expand more yet I don't lose the seal at all. Just I lose a little bass rumble which is preferred :P. But then again in the deeper part of my ear canals there is a sharp crook with your ear canals being straighter overall. This could all have an impact on the fit/isolation. You never answered my last question though. Can you hear your own heartbeat with them in or have you ever experienced that? For me it happens every time I lie down :P.

 

I agree on the mids being a bit distant. For me its between being distant and forward. But using the right sources does help this plus the gold cable I put on them brought the mids a bit more forward and added a little more finesse to the sound.


Edited by lee730 - 6/18/13 at 12:13am
post #521 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Hmm. Maybe you don't have an optimum fit then. I can lie down and be comfortable depending on how I lie down. Like I can't lie on my side or anything as that would be uncomfortable. But if I'm lying on my back no problem. I notice when I lie down my ear canals expand more yet I don't lose the seal at all. Just I lose a little bass rumble which is preferred :P. But then again in the deeper part of my ear canals there is a sharp crook with your ear canals being straighter overall. This could all have an impact on the fit/isolation. You never answered my last question though. Can you hear your own heartbeat with them in or have you ever experienced that? For me it happens every time I lie down :P.

 

I agree on the mids being a bit distant. For me its between being distant and forward. But using the right sources does help this plus the gold cable I put on them brought the mids a bit more forward and added a little more finesse to the sound.


yes i can hear my own heartbeat sometimes when i lie down or even when im sit down. maybe i should just shoot an email to heir to ask about the fit.

btw lee are you planning to sell the 8a? im also considering to sell the 8a now to buy lcd3 because i dont use them much anymore since i bought the hd800 because i always use my custom to listen at home but i feel fullsize is better.

honestly i feel that ie80,um3x and studio v is enough for me for portable. or maybe if i got the chance and money i can try the 1+2


Edited by lightningfarron - 6/18/13 at 12:36am
post #522 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningfarron View Post


yes i can hear my own heartbeat sometimes when i lie down or even when im sit down. maybe i should just shoot an email to heir to ask about the fit.

btw lee are you planning to sell the 8a? im also considering to sell the 8a now to buy lcd3 because i dont use them much anymore since i bought the hd800 because i always use my custom to listen at home but i feel fullsize is better.

honestly i feel that ie80,um3x and studio v is enough for me for portable. or maybe if i got the chance and money i can try the 1+2


I'm still on the fence about it honestly.... I don't want to sell them as that entails taking a lose (around $300.00 or more)... If I do sell them though I don't intend to buy another IEM for some time as I am quite happy with the 1Plus2 and Flat 4. I don't see you going wrong with the 1Plus2 honestly. Its an IEM that can go head to head with Flagship Custom/Universal IEMs as well as full size headphones and can actually compare to them. In a few weeks time I'll decide if they stay or go.


Edited by lee730 - 6/18/13 at 12:43am
post #523 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I'm still on the fence about it honestly.... I don't want to sell them as that entails taking a lose (around $300.00 or more)... If I do sell them though I don't intend to buy another IEM for some time as I am quite happy with the 1Plus2 and Flat 4. I don't see you going wrong with the 1Plus2 honestly. Its an IEM that can go head to head with Flagship Custom/Universal IEMs as well as full size headphones and can actually compare to them. In a few weeks time I'll decide if they stay or go.


i have tried an 1+2 actually on a local shop here. while im impressed with the sound i was more impressed with the ocharaku kaede sound that day. but i need more time with both IEM to have a clear winner.

if you enjoy them so much i cant see why i would not enjoy them because we both have enjoy the same gear at some point.

post #524 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningfarron View Post


i have tried an 1+2 actually on a local shop here. while im impressed with the sound i was more impressed with the ocharaku kaede sound that day. but i need more time with both IEM to have a clear winner.

if you enjoy them so much i cant see why i would not enjoy them because we both have enjoy the same gear at some point.


I can understand your impressions on a short listen. I agree on finding the Kaede/or Sui more engaging on a short listen. It's a very emotional IEM and my second favorite :). The 1Plus2 took me more time initially as well as burning it in helped big time. I really enjoy the 1Plus2 with silver cable on the Studio V 3rd ANV. Not so much with the new gold cable because it loses too much bass personally.

post #525 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I can understand your impressions on a short listen. I agree on finding the Kaede/or Sui more engaging on a short listen. It's a very emotional IEM and my second favorite smily_headphones1.gif. The 1Plus2 took me more time initially as well as burning it in helped big time. I really enjoy the 1Plus2 with silver cable on the Studio V 3rd ANV. Not so much with the new gold cable because it loses too much bass personally.
how does the 1plus2 perform on female vocal? How does it perform against the flat 4 in your opinion lee? Reading the 1plus2 thread makes me wanted to pull the trigger but right now im still debating whether to save up for lcd3 or just buy the 1plus2 for portable. Because right now for listening at home i find IEM to be no match for fullsize.
Edited by lightningfarron - 6/18/13 at 5:14am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's